Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi! Update on us...

Our #2 arrived on July 16th, 2010 at 7.15 AM. He is one month young today.

My water broke at 4.15 AM, so from start to finish it was only three hours.

Crazy story: I walked to the hospital in between contractions, not knowing I was THIS close to delivering. My husband had to stay home with #1 and wait for his nanny to arrive. By the time I checked in, I was 10 cms, and 100% effaced. I knew second deliveries are usually faster but not this fast! Good thing though, I was allowed to get an epidural. Actually I got double dosage because the first dose did jack all for me. :yes: I love that drug! Husband made it to hospital before my second dosage of epidural.

In hospital for two nights then walked home with BB #2.

I'm filing for I-751 this week which is just in time because we will get #2's birth certificate this week so I can send that in with our evidence package.

Good luck to everybody!

Ps-it's like winter in SF this month! My poor kid gets no sunshine.

Congrats on the little baby boy!! And WOW...what a fast delivery, but glad to hear you were still able to get the epidural.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi! Update on us...

Crazy story: I walked to the hospital in between contractions, not knowing I was THIS close to delivering. My husband had to stay home with #1 and wait for his nanny to arrive. By the time I checked in, I was 10 cms, and 100% effaced. I knew second deliveries are usually faster but not this fast! Good thing though, I was allowed to get an epidural. Actually I got double dosage because the first dose did jack all for me. :yes: I love that drug! Husband made it to hospital before my second dosage of epidural.

I'm filing for I-751 this week which is just in time because we will get #2's birth certificate this week so I can send that in with our evidence package.

Good luck to everybody!

Wow you were cutting it close! Congratulations!

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: Other Timeline

Team J and B- Congratulations on your new baby bundle of joy! :star:

And thanks too, for sharing the good news here on VJ!

Wow, you're lucky that you had the baby so quickly....And yes, the epidural sure does help!

I wish you and your family all the best with your new baby and may your new baby boy bring you all much happiness! :)

Congrats again! Welcome to the world baby (insert name here)!

Ant

Hi! Update on us...

Good luck to everybody!

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Updated List..(for TeamJandB's new baby......)

Anyone else have any new additions and/or other updates?

Feel free to post about that too.....

Ant

VJ Preganncies and Babies...

UserName..............Due Date........Boy/Girl......Name.........BabyBorn.....Weight........Length

Autumnchik............05/28/08..........Boy.........Declan.......05/08/08.....6lbs14oz......20.0inches

Team J and B..........01/25/09..........Boy.........Monkey.......01/14/09.....7lbs04oz......19.0inches

Ant+D+BabyA...........07/25/09..........Boy.........BabyA........07/30/09.....8lbs08oz......20.5inches

Team J and B..........07/09/10..........Boy.........?????........07/16/10.....?lbs??oz......??.?inches

Revenesque............08/21/10..........Girl........

Colleens..............12/13/10

Bern..................--/--/--

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You can add me! My baby's due date is October 3. We don't know if it's a boy or a girl...

Wow! I just noticed that Revenesque's baby is due really, really soon!!! If you're reading this, good luck!!!

C.

Updated List..(for TeamJandB's new baby......)

Ant

VJ Preganncies and Babies...

UserName..............Due Date........Boy/Girl......Name.........BabyBorn.....Weight........Length

Autumnchik............05/28/08..........Boy.........Declan.......05/08/08.....6lbs14oz......20.0inches

Team J and B..........01/25/09..........Boy.........Monkey.......01/14/09.....7lbs04oz......19.0inches

Ant+D+BabyA...........07/25/09..........Boy.........BabyA........07/30/09.....8lbs08oz......20.5inches

Team J and B..........07/09/10..........Boy.........?????........07/16/10.....?lbs??oz......??.?inches

Colleens..............12/13/10

You can add me! My baby's due date is October 3. We don't know if it's a boy or a girl...

Wow! I just noticed that Revenesque's baby is due really, really soon!!! If you're reading this, good luck!!!

C.

Mtlgato-Congratulations on the pregnancy! Good luck with the baby, and all the best to you and your family too.

And yes, feel free to post about your pregnancy/baby related info, news, questions, concerns, etc. here too....

No problem...I'll add you to the list too.....

Congrats again...

Ant

Updated List..(added Mtlgato and updated Colleens......)

Ant

P.S. Reven-Have you had your baby yet?....Good luck....

VJ Canadian Preganncies and Babies...

Mtlgato...............10/03/10

Colleens..............12/13/10..........Girl........

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Timeline

Thanks!

Right now my main baby-related concerns have to do with the potential bad timing of my consular interview appointment. I'm in the weird position of *both* hoping that Montreal gets moving again (they have not scheduled any CR-1 appts in the longest time, and that's really worrying) AND hoping that they don't schedule ME just yet! I mean, I've been waiting since May, and really wanted a July or Aug appt., but now that that didn't happen...I know I definitely can't do a Sept. appointment (I'm thinking they prob won't schedule for Sept at this point anyway...but you never know for sure); October is iffy. Maybe late Oct would work...as long as my baby's not too late!

Yes, I've informed the consulate of my situation/ due date. Doesn't seem to have any significance to them. I think I just have to hope now that I don't get a date I can't keep...

C.

Mtlgato-Congratulations on the pregnancy! Good luck with the baby, and all the best to you and your family too.

And yes, feel free to post about your pregnancy/baby related info, news, questions, concerns, etc. here too....

No problem...I'll add you to the list too.....

Congrats again...

Ant

Thanks!

Right now my main baby-related concerns have to do with the potential bad timing of my consular interview appointment. I'm in the weird position of *both* hoping that Montreal gets moving again (they have not scheduled any CR-1 appts in the longest time, and that's really worrying) AND hoping that they don't schedule ME just yet! I mean, I've been waiting since May, and really wanted a July or Aug appt., but now that that didn't happen...I know I definitely can't do a Sept. appointment (I'm thinking they prob won't schedule for Sept at this point anyway...but you never know for sure); October is iffy. Maybe late Oct would work...as long as my baby's not too late!

Yes, I've informed the consulate of my situation/ due date. Doesn't seem to have any significance to them. I think I just have to hope now that I don't get a date I can't keep...

C.

Mtlgato-Hope you have it all worked out with the consulate regarding the interview dates...

And yes, it's good that you informed them about such...So they are put on notice in case of any scheduling conflicts/baby conflicts...

Lol..I don't think that giving birth at the consulate office is a good idea...rofl....

More likely than not, they will delay your interview and/or issuing your visa, as that is what happened in Revenesque's situation....Nevertheless, I hope you do get approved and that you and your baby can be in the USA asap.

And then you might want to apply for a CBRA afterwards......(if you baby is born in Canada, and wants to be a US citizen, that is...)

As for babies...Hmmm...They don't tell you when they come....They come when they want to! Lol...

For example, (as you can see from the chart too)...My baby was late...

But on a funny note....It took them longer for my 10yr green card (10 months) than it took for the baby (9 months)....

So in situations like this, it's kind of fun to make a game out of it...

Which comes first...The baby or the green card/visa......

I'm placing the bet on your baby in your case...;)

Nevertheless, regardless of when the baby comes, the important thing is that they are healthy, happy, and loved.....:)

Good luck with your pregnancy.

Ant

P.S. Are you going to find out about the gender, or are you going to keep it a surprise? Any names picked out too?

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Timeline

I'm so desperate to reunite with my husband, I prob would risk giving birth at the consulate! But the reason I can't go in Sept is that I have to fly all the way from Vancouver...and my doctor won't ok the travel, and prob no airline would let me fly.

Do you think I should email to remind the consulate of my situation/ explicitly ask NOT to be giving a Sept interview? I've told them about the situation before, and sent a doctor's note...but that was back when I was asking to be scheduled for *before* the baby comes. Now I'm asking to be scheduled for *after* the baby comes, which they *might* be more willing to oblige...I don't know. They basically don't seem to want to oblige anyone for anything--except military.

In answer to your question, we decided not to find out the baby's gender in advance. It'll be a surprise.

Thanks for your interest/ support!

C.

Mtlgato-Hope you have it all worked out with the consulate regarding the interview dates...

And yes, it's good that you informed them about such...So they are put on notice in case of any scheduling conflicts/baby conflicts...

Lol..I don't think that giving birth at the consulate office is a good idea...rofl....

More likely than not, they will delay your interview and/or issuing your visa, as that is what happened in Revenesque's situation....Nevertheless, I hope you do get approved and that you and your baby can be in the USA asap.

And then you might want to apply for a CBRA afterwards......(if you baby is born in Canada, and wants to be a US citizen, that is...)

As for babies...Hmmm...They don't tell you when they come....They come when they want to! Lol...

For example, (as you can see from the chart too)...My baby was late...

But on a funny note....It took them longer for my 10yr green card (10 months) than it took for the baby (9 months)....

So in situations like this, it's kind of fun to make a game out of it...

Which comes first...The baby or the green card/visa......

I'm placing the bet on your baby in your case...;)

Nevertheless, regardless of when the baby comes, the important thing is that they are healthy, happy, and loved.....:)

Good luck with your pregnancy.

Ant

P.S. Are you going to find out about the gender, or are you going to keep it a surprise? Any names picked out too?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so desperate to reunite with my husband, I prob would risk giving birth at the consulate! But the reason I can't go in Sept is that I have to fly all the way from Vancouver...and my doctor won't ok the travel, and prob no airline would let me fly.

Do you think I should email to remind the consulate of my situation/ explicitly ask NOT to be giving a Sept interview? I've told them about the situation before, and sent a doctor's note...but that was back when I was asking to be scheduled for *before* the baby comes. Now I'm asking to be scheduled for *after* the baby comes, which they *might* be more willing to oblige...I don't know. They basically don't seem to want to oblige anyone for anything--except military.

In answer to your question, we decided not to find out the baby's gender in advance. It'll be a surprise.

Thanks for your interest/ support!

C.

Fingers crossed that you get an interview date that works for you. I would be very careful about requesting a delayed interview (if you could even get a response from Montreal!) They may interpret that as rescheduling and move you to the back of the line costing you additional months and months of waiting. From what I recall there is a filer that had to dely their interview from January and is still waiting. :crying:

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

Exactly! That's exactly what I'm scared of...So, yeah...I prob will just keep crossing my fingers and hoping. I'm thinking that a Sept date is unlikely at this point in any case...and MAYBE I could make it for an Oct date.

Why do they have to be so difficult to communicate with? It just doesn't seem right. I keep reading posts from people from other countries, and they can actually get someone from the consulate ON THE PHONE. Amazing! Or they can reschedule an interview and have that take just 1-2 months. Why Canadians have to be punished in this special way I will never, never understand.

C.

Fingers crossed that you get an interview date that works for you. I would be very careful about requesting a delayed interview (if you could even get a response from Montreal!) They may interpret that as rescheduling and move you to the back of the line costing you additional months and months of waiting. From what I recall there is a filer that had to dely their interview from January and is still waiting. :crying:

Timeline

Hii everyone, mtlgato I hope they will be able to accommodate you although this is Montreal we're talking about and they aren't exactly on the ball. Dx

VJ Canadian Preganncies and Babies...

Mtlgato...............10/03/10

Colleens..............12/13/10..........Girl........

Bern..................12/23/10

As for names...

Girl - Evelyn

Boy - Byron

We will find out on September 1st, the day after I get back from Canada. Less than 2 weeks until I'm back in the US. Lamee.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline

I'm finishing my 39th week tomorrow! Baby's expected to debut next Thurs, Aug 26!

Time to send off my passport so I can get my IR visa!

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.