Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

I'm not pregnant, but we found out a few weeks ago that my SIL (my brother's wife) is! I'm going to be an auntie :D

They already have their names picked out. Adam if it's a boy, and Amy if it's a girl. She wants to find out the sex and is going to do the 3D (some people call it 4D) ultrasound thing.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

I am so glad that I am finally feeling better, still a bit tired, but I am not sure if that is from just not really having a set schedule and being lazy some days...lol We are holding off on buying anything until we find out the sex. I am hoping I can do that at my next appt (17 weeks) since my family will be here for the wedding. They are pretty anxious to buy some stuff for the baby, which we are very grateful for since money is tight without me working. We have a girls name picked out, but still working on a boys name.

Has anyone had a 3D ultrasound done? I saw one being done on a tv show, and it was pretty cool to see all the detail. I know that you have to pay extra for it so I was just wondering if you found it was worth the cost.

My son and daughter-in-law had this done, and we thought it was worth it. You could see what the girls looked like - it wasn't exact, since there were twins (not enough room), but you could definately see their features. It was a family outing - me (Hubby was in Canada and son is an only child), her parents, her sister and brother-in-law. It was really nice. It is a special memory for us, as a family.

I'm not pregnant, but we found out a few weeks ago that my SIL (my brother's wife) is! I'm going to be an auntie :D

They already have their names picked out. Adam if it's a boy, and Amy if it's a girl. She wants to find out the sex and is going to do the 3D (some people call it 4D) ultrasound thing.

Grats on becoming an aunt!

Married: 01/02/09

I-130 filed: 11/06/09

NOA1: 11/13/09

NOA2: 02/11/10

NVC received: 02/18/10

Case complete @ NVC: 04/14/10

Interview @ Montreal: 07/13/10 - Approved

POE: Sweetgrass, MT, 08/07/10

Filed for ROC: 07/20/12

Biometrics appt: 08/24/12

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Unfortunately, the office was too booked up today to have a sex-determining us done, so we have to wait another 3 weeks until the 20 week mark. We decided to the the 3D ultrasound, but we have to wait until September for that since the best time to do it is between 26 and 30 weeks. They give a dvd of it so I thought it would be something nice to be able to send my family since many of them will not be able to see the baby for awhile. My mom never had ultrasounds when we were born, so I was really hoping that I could have had one today so that she could see it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats! You must be thrilled!

I just got our 3D/4D ultrasound done over the weekend. It's amazing! My husband was besides himself during the whole session. There was a moment where our baby arched her back so her little head can get closer to the placenta...to lick it! Ewww! Baby, Yucky!

Unfortunately, the office was too booked up today to have a sex-determining us done, so we have to wait another 3 weeks until the 20 week mark. We decided to the the 3D ultrasound, but we have to wait until September for that since the best time to do it is between 26 and 30 weeks. They give a dvd of it so I thought it would be something nice to be able to send my family since many of them will not be able to see the baby for awhile. My mom never had ultrasounds when we were born, so I was really hoping that I could have had one today so that she could see it.

Colleen, it was worth it! We also got pics and dvd of the session. I'm installing an application so the giant file can be converted for the internet and trimmed from 30 mins to the best 10-20 seconds.

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Timeline

She wants to find out the sex and is going to do the 3D (some people call it 4D) ultrasound thing.

---------------------------------

It's actually BOTH.

3D is the way the images are viewed with depth and perception.

4D is "real-time" or when you see the baby moving.

Therefore: ultrasounds are either 2D/4D [flat black and white with movement] or 3D/4D [3 dimensional with movement]

If they have any images printed off that are NOT moving, then it is either 2D only or 3D only.

www.preciouspeeks.ca

They explain all the differences on their website under the FAQ.

I know MANY people who have had the 3D/4D ultrasounds done for their babies, and they all say the same thing: 100% worth it.

Edited by FireKari

<3 FireRay's Wifey. <3

11-??-2005 : Met Ray in EverQuest2

USCIS
12-26-2009 : Marriage
1-07-2010 : Filed I-130
1-08-2010 : Package Recieved
1-12-2010 : NOA1
3-12-2010 : NOA2
*I-130 was approved in 59 days from NOA1 date.*

NVC
3-19-2010 : NVC Recieved. Case # Assigned
3-22-2010 : E-Mails Given to NVC Operator
3-25-2010 : Received DS-3032 and AOS Bill
3-25-2010 : Applied for EP/DS-3032 e-mailed
3-25-2010 : Pay AOS Bill Online
4-04-2010 : E-mailed I-864
4-08-2010 : EP Accepted/Paid IV Bill
4-12-2010 : E-mailed DS-230
4-16-2010 : All documents accepted at NVC
4-22-2010 : Log in Fail!!
*NVC stage completed in 34 days.*

7-21-2010 : Medical in Toronto
7-26-2010 : INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!
7-28-2010 : Visa received in the mail
8-18-2010 : POE - Ambassador Bridge
9-23-2010 : 2yr Green Card arrived
2-11-2011 : SSN arrived
8-18-2012 : Approx date of removal of conditions

06-2012 : Removal of conditions sent

03-18-12 : 10 year Green Card received!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just passed my 17 week mark and have decided to start buying some maternity clothing. All of my regular clothes still fit, but because I am starting to show a bit, the waist always gets pushed down and I feel like my shorts/pants are falling off my butt!! I bought a couple pair of shorts and some t-shirts last week, and now that my mom and sister are here, they took me shopping for some more. The only part I am hating is that I feel like a tank when I wear them. I am a bit disappointed in myself that in the past year I let myself gain some weight. I was all set and on track when I got back from Canada and my interview in April to drop that weight to get ready for our formal wedding this weekend, but instead of losing it I have become "rounder". I am feeling a bit down because of it. I know that it is natural and healthy to gain some weight during pregnancy, but I am struggling with coming to terms with it. When I turn to hubby to try to get a little moral boost, I get more of the "you're pregnant...what did you expect" sort of thing. Did any of you have troubles coming to terms with the weight gain/body changes? What did you do to help get your mind past it?

On a more positive note.....we have our next appt today and we are going to try to see if we can find out the sex of the baby. I don't think they usually do it until 20 weeks, but since my family is here and anxious to shop (they brought us some cool maple leaf/canadian outfits already!!!) it would make it much easier to find out then have to try to find all unisex stuff!!

I hated the mid-point when you're just waist-less basically. thiuck in the middle and I'm sure people just think you getting pudgy :) (little do they know!)

I was such a skinny wafe before being pregnant...I kind of had a hard time. First time ever I had back fat...those lovely rolls! Now of course, it's my standard (haha), but at the time I was kind of shocked all the places I could gain weight! The boobs got a bit of a boost of course, and that was not terrible. I look at pregnancy so much differently now then I did when I was 22 at the time. To me pregnant women are incredibly hawt and sexy. very voluptuous and curves in all the right places...and I'm a woman...I wouldn't mind being pregnant again ...your body just does so many amazing things durign that time.

I had super amazing skin and thick hair during preganancy...haven't replicated those since!

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline

Baby bumping the baby thread again....

Good luck to all you preggy ladies on your pregnancies..:) Wishing you and your family all the best as you welcome your new arrival/bundle of joy!! :)

And yes, do post updated about your pregnancies/babies...As we all love hearing the good news about that here too..:)

As far as ultrasounds are concerned....

I had 6 done throughout my pregnancy (I was at higher risk)...And 2 of those ultrasounds were done in 3-D!

I got mine done at about 18 weeks (the same week as the 'gender' ultrasound) and at 20 weeks.....

The 3-D ones are really neat and showed more detailed images of the baby..

For example, you can see the detailed expressions on the baby's face and body....

It's done like a regular ultrasound...So not too much different there....

The only thing that is different is that it takes a bit of a longer time to do such....About 30-45 mins per session...

For one of the 3-D ultrasounds they even gave me a 'photo CD disk' of about 20 or so of those photos for us to keep...

And yes, it is covered by insurance (mine was anyways...you'll have to ask about yours...)

So if you can...By all means, I highly recommend getting 3-D ultrasounds done....

Those photos are definitely extra memories to keep and cherish for your baby....:)

Update on Baby A....

He's Walking...:dance: :dance:.....

And next week he'll be celebrating his first birthday....

Time certainly files by indeed!

Happy pregnancies and babies, everyone! Good luck on your baby journeys too....

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Timeline

We had our 20 week u/s today and so far everything looks good. All the organs and such are developing normally and the weight is in the 38th percentile. I found out that the placenta is anterior, so I may not feel the movement as much, but I am feeling it quite a bit now. I just can't wait till hubby is able to feel it too!!! And although Slim wouldn't co-operate at first with legs crossed, we were able to go back to u/s after seeing the Doctor and Slim is is now know as Emma :)

Congrats, Colleens! That's great! good.gif

Edited by ValerieA

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

We had our 20 week u/s today and so far everything looks good. All the organs and such are developing normally and the weight is in the 38th percentile. I found out that the placenta is anterior, so I may not feel the movement as much, but I am feeling it quite a bit now. I just can't wait till hubby is able to feel it too!!! And although Slim wouldn't co-operate at first with legs crossed, we were able to go back to u/s after seeing the Doctor and Slim is is now know as Emma :)

Colleens-Good to hear that your 20 week U/S went well. And congrats too, in finding out that 'slim' is a girl!

So "Emma" it is...Sounds like a great for a girl, indeed! :star:

How was the 3-D ultrasound? Did you enjoy having that done?

Sorry though, that you found out that the placenta is anterior...Not a good position to be in for you or the baby...:(

Are they taking extra steps and precautions for you and the baby? For example, tare they planning a c-section?

Nevertheless, good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and congrats again. Hope all goes well for you and Emma..:)

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Update on Baby A....

He celebrates his first birthday on July 30th! :star:

Wow, time files by quickly, indeed!....

I can't believe he's a year old already.....

Lol..It only seemed like yesterday I was still pregnant with him...

Will post about the celebrations...In the meatime.....

Good luck to all of you for all your pregnancies too...

Ant

Timeline

Colleens-Good to hear that your 20 week U/S went well. And congrats too, in finding out that 'slim' is a girl!

So "Emma" it is...Sounds like a great for a girl, indeed! :star:

How was the 3-D ultrasound? Did you enjoy having that done?

Sorry though, that you found out that the placenta is anterior...Not a good position to be in for you or the baby...:(

Are they taking extra steps and precautions for you and the baby? For example, tare they planning a c-section?

Nevertheless, good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and congrats again. Hope all goes well for you and Emma..:)

Ant

Our 3D/4D u/s isn't until Sept, as they told us between 26 and 30 weeks is the best time for it, so we still have to wait awhile for that. But it was definitely neat to have the ultrasound tech point out all the organs and an explanation about them...ie the stomach appeared black so that shows that the baby is swallowing. She gave an explanation for each major organ.

As for the placenta being anterior the Dr said that there really was no issue with it except because it is across the front of the uterus it will be a bit more difficult to feel movement. But I already feel a fair bit of movement, but it may be a bit longer before daddy can feel it too :( It is not like placenta previa where the placenta is covering the cervix, and that makes vaginal delivery pretty much impossible...unles the placenta moves.

Timeline

Hey everyone =)

Um, currently 19 weeks and heading on a plane back to Canada in 3 days for a month. (I have a letter from my doctor, yay :D) I'm so excited. =)

I was supposed to have the 'gender revelation' on August 7th, but since I will be out of town I will be having it the day after I come back so on September 1st, I will be able to find out. My sickness has completely gone away for the most part, although I still feel a bit nauseas in the mornings. On my last appointment I got to hear the heartbeat again and it was at 153. I've lost weight yet again, but this time only 3 pounds. >_< I've started to feel the baby and he/she seems to like being most active at night, especially when I'm trying to sleep. D:

Hope everyone else is doing well and congrats Colleen <3

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi! Update on us...

Our #2 arrived on July 16th, 2010 at 7.15 AM. He is one month young today.

My water broke at 4.15 AM, so from start to finish it was only three hours.

Crazy story: I walked to the hospital in between contractions, not knowing I was THIS close to delivering. My husband had to stay home with #1 and wait for his nanny to arrive. By the time I checked in, I was 10 cms, and 100% effaced. I knew second deliveries are usually faster but not this fast! Good thing though, I was allowed to get an epidural. Actually I got double dosage because the first dose did jack all for me. :yes: I love that drug! Husband made it to hospital before my second dosage of epidural.

In hospital for two nights then walked home with BB #2.

I'm filing for I-751 this week which is just in time because we will get #2's birth certificate this week so I can send that in with our evidence package.

Good luck to everybody!

Ps-it's like winter in SF this month! My poor kid gets no sunshine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.