Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have been having morning sickness 24/7 for the last week and a bit. I have been trying everything that has been suggested to try to help with it to no avail :crying: I keep telling myself that being sick is a good thing to help get thru it. I am just glad that I am not working right now......it makes it a lot easier when you feel like having a nap or just chilling on the couch!! Anyone have anything that seemed to really work for them to combat the queasiness??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have been having morning sickness 24/7 for the last week and a bit. I have been trying everything that has been suggested to try to help with it to no avail :crying: I keep telling myself that being sick is a good thing to help get thru it. I am just glad that I am not working right now......it makes it a lot easier when you feel like having a nap or just chilling on the couch!! Anyone have anything that seemed to really work for them to combat the queasiness??

I just kept eating and snacking. It helped eased my nausea.

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Congratulations Colleens! I would just eat some cheese and crackers, it always did the trick for me. Hopefully I will be getting morning sickness again soon! good.gif

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Good luck, ValerieA :D

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

The practice is so much fun! devil.gif

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

I'm sure my husband will really be enjoying it when we're ready to have kids :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Definitely helps to snack as Revenesque suggests....anything easy on your stomach. believe it or not, I was told tomoato juice or V8 if you enjoy those.....same concept as a hangover :)

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Other Timeline

I can finally join in on this thread....after 3 positive pregnancy tests and being about 20 days late...I think it is a pretty sure thing. I know that it is early and a lot can happen, but I am not the best at keeping secrets!! I have an appt with the OB/Gyn on Monday and we have decided to go to the courthouse and get married on Thursday so that I can be added to Si's medical insurance.

I'm sure my husband will really be enjoying it when we're ready to have kids :lol:

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the late reply...My computer internet server was having problems again....

Anyways...

Colleens-Congratulations on the pregnancy!!! :thumbs::star:

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and good luck with the rest of yoru OB/GYN appts too. Congrats with the upcoming marriage too..

Btw..Have you told anyone else about the pregnancy yet? If so, how did they react?

I can finally join in on this thread....after 3 positive pregnancy tests and being about 20 days late...I think it is a pretty sure thing. I know that it is early and a lot can happen, but I am not the best at keeping secrets!! I have an appt with the OB/Gyn on Monday and we have decided to go to the courthouse and get married on Thursday so that I can be added to Si's medical insurance.

Colleens-Sorry about the morning sickness..Yeah, it's a bummer...

What I found that helps is having light snacks (crackers, cereal, etc.) helps with that. As well, taking naps throughout the day helps too. Oh yes, and make sure you drink plenty of water too, as you don't want to get dehydrated in the warmer weather.

ValerieA-:lol: Glad you are enjoying the process too..;) Good luck with the pregnancy/naby again.

Rhiannercakes-:lol:...Who says that you need to practice just to have kids?...;)

Good luck to all you mommies and mommies to be out there!

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Everyone-

Update on BabyA-

Lol..He finally learned to crawl!.... :thumbs:

And he's getting into everything! Time for baby-proofing the house! Uggh... :wacko:

How are your babies/pregnancies?

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Updated list....

To Everyone Else- Feel free to provide/add your info for the list too! :thumbs:

(To add your name on the list, just hit the "reply" button, delete the quote marks, and fill out the fields accordingly,

or get someone else to help if unable to do such....just add your info to a post.....)

Happy Pregnancies and Babies to All! :)

Ant

pandb.jpg

UserName..............Due Date........Boy/Girl......Name.........BabyBorn.....Weight........Length

Autumnchik............05/28/08..........Boy.........Declan.......05/08/08.....6lbs14oz......20.0inches

Team J and B..........01/25/09..........Boy.........Monkey.......01/14/09.....7lbs04oz......19.0inches

Ant+D+BabyA...........07/25/09..........Boy.........BabyA........07/30/09.....8lbs08oz......20.5inches

Blitz.................01/29/10

TheATeam..............07/09/10

Team J and B..........07/25/10

RedBlue...............08/16/10

Revenesque............08/21/10..........Girl........

Colleens..............--/--/--

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have been feeling a bit better the past couple of days, so hopefully it is a sign of better times to come!!

I am getting VERY stressed out about finding health insurance tho, as hubby is only p/t where he works so they will not allow him to have family benefits. I have spoke with a broker and he was not too optimistic in me finding something. He suggested something called Tencare...it is a state run program, but I am not sure whether it would fall under the "means tested benefits" catagory that we are not able to use. I posted something in the Moving and living here forum and got a response from someone who used humana when they were pregnant when they arrived here, but when I called them, they do not provide maternity benefits at all. Blue cross/blue sheild cover maternity, but there is a 10 month waiting period before you can be elegible for it. The only hope is that they would consider me previously insured (since I did have insurance in canada) then the waiting period would not be applicable. *fingers crossed*

pandb.jpg

UserName..............Due Date........Boy/Girl......Name.........BabyBorn.....Weight........Length

Autumnchik............05/28/08..........Boy.........Declan.......05/08/08.....6lbs14oz......20.0inches

Team J and B..........01/25/09..........Boy.........Monkey.......01/14/09.....7lbs04oz......19.0inches

Ant+D+BabyA...........07/25/09..........Boy.........BabyA........07/30/09.....8lbs08oz......20.5inches

Colleens..............12/07/10

Colleens-Thanks for updating your information on the list..:thumbs:

Hope you are feeling better...Don't worry, the morning/all-day sickness will be better soon...

Sorry that you are having trouble finding health insurance. As for finding other healthcare alternatives, you can try looking at local community health clinics, that offer free and/or lower "sliding scale" payment services (such as paying at a lower cost, or in installments, or not at all), based on your financial situation. As well, you can try looking into other programs (some government based, some non-government based) that also offer health insurance too. For example, here in New York State, they have a state-wide health insurance program called "Family Health Plus" and "Child Health Plus", which is different from medicaid and are for people that have higher incomes than medicaid guidelines but have lower incomes that cannot afford private expensive health insurance. These programs are not means-tested benefits too, and that if they have this program or other similar programs in your state that you can apply for that as well.

Regardless, I hope you do find good healthcare for you and your baby, as that's very important for everyone to have indeed!

Hope this helps. Good luck with the rest of your immigration journey, and good luck with your healthcare situation too.

Ant

I have been feeling a bit better the past couple of days, so hopefully it is a sign of better times to come!!

I am getting VERY stressed out about finding health insurance tho, as hubby is only p/t where he works so they will not allow him to have family benefits. I have spoke with a broker and he was not too optimistic in me finding something. He suggested something called Tencare...it is a state run program, but I am not sure whether it would fall under the "means tested benefits" catagory that we are not able to use. I posted something in the Moving and living here forum and got a response from someone who used humana when they were pregnant when they arrived here, but when I called them, they do not provide maternity benefits at all. Blue cross/blue sheild cover maternity, but there is a 10 month waiting period before you can be elegible for it. The only hope is that they would consider me previously insured (since I did have insurance in canada) then the waiting period would not be applicable. *fingers crossed*

pandb.jpg

Colleens..............12/07/10

P.S. By the way...There is a US law that mentions that if you go into labour and/or have a serious medical emergency, you and your unborn child have the right to be treated at any hospital, regardless of income, immigration status, etc...

(I'm sure someone else can explain more about that in further detail...)

Sure, you would get stuck with the bill..But at least you'll get the urgent medical care that you need right away....

Ant

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.