Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

VeenDee, that is too funny that Lily enjoys getting her diaper changed: wish my boys did. They cry bloody murder every time.

Kimbear, that is great that Caihla is sleeping longer stretches. I am looking forward to that day.

So glad my Dh will be home today. I need a break. Getting some help burping and holding the boys will be good.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Lilac do you have a carrier of some sort to help you out some?

Happy to see all the little ones are doing so good, time just flies doesn't it?

I'm 32 weeks 2 days now so less then 8 weeks to go. Time is flying by now, too bad it always seems t slow right down when it's real close.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Time definitely does fly by. Sometimes it drags though. We've been going through some sleep regression. Right now she won't sleep more than 2 hours in a row at night and last night after the first stretch it was every 30 minutes or so. I'm exhausted. Thankfully my husband is great when he gets home and helps hold her. It would be exceedingly helpful if she would fall asleep without needing to sleep on one of us. We're still working on that. Sigh.

All that to say Lilac I have no idea how you do it with two!!! That's just mind boggling for me to even consider. Hang in there!!

Ontarkie you are getting quite close now!!! When is your due date again? Do you have lots of baby items you still need to get set up and prepare things for?

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

Time definitely does fly by. Sometimes it drags though. We've been going through some sleep regression. Right now she won't sleep more than 2 hours in a row at night and last night after the first stretch it was every 30 minutes or so. I'm exhausted. Thankfully my husband is great when he gets home and helps hold her. It would be exceedingly helpful if she would fall asleep without needing to sleep on one of us. We're still working on that. Sigh.

All that to say Lilac I have no idea how you do it with two!!! That's just mind boggling for me to even consider. Hang in there!!

Ontarkie you are getting quite close now!!! When is your due date again? Do you have lots of baby items you still need to get set up and prepare things for?

I bed shared with Alexis was the only way for me to get any sleep. She is still what they call a high needs baby, boy is she ever. She fits the term to a T.

I'm due March 10th, I doubt it that I will make it that long, but with my luck he will go over just because I said something.

We need a few more sleepers and onesies of different sizes. A few things I want but don't need, like the shirt thingy they have at BRU that is a carrier.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

I do have a mei tai type carrier. My mom got it in 1979 at a La Leche League meeting and used it with my younger siblings. It works great, but I only have one and sometimes both babies want to be by a warm mama.

VeeNDee, thankfully if my babies are warm, clean, dry, and fed they eventually fall asleep and will lay by themselves in their crib. I usually endup with one who wants to continue to nurse, so ibring that one back to bed with me nd side nurse. My achilles heal is nursing to sleep. Works good now but there will come a time when I don't want to do that. I also wake both babies up even if only one appears to need something so they stay on the same schedule.

Edited by lilacvioletiris

Timeline

Worst border crossing. And it wasn't a visa issue for once. It's a two hour drive to the border but traffic was bad. I made sure Lily was fed, changed etc before we left. Miraculously she slept in the car until a few minutes before the border. The lineup looked bad- eta one hour wait so we decided to grab a bite to eat at Burger king and I would feed her hoping she'd go back to sleep.

Well she decided to have a poopsaster in the restaurant. Super noisy. Oy. I went to change her only to discover the bathroom didn't have a changing table or any room. So I had to do it in the back of the car. Hard coz the seat isn't flat. Also p.u. Sigh.

So after she's fed and changed and happy we hit the road and get in the lineup. It's bad. She's ok for a bit but is really hating still being in the carseat. After 10 minutes of me using all my tricks in the back beside her she has fully lost it and is screaming like the world is about to end. And the line isn't moving.

Normally I would pull out my phone and play the "baby got colic" video which tends to put her to sleep and always calms her.

But we're on the border. And I've just lost cell coverage. Aghhh.

At this point her cheeks are soaked in tears and she's crying so hard she's having breathing issues. We can't turn around or go anywhere. I can't take her out of her seat coz we're technically moving a few inches.

30 minutes later we reach the duty free shop and pull in the parking lot. I take her out and she is having whole body shakings. Finally get her calmed down.

We both are finally able to access a washroom there (never drink pop before a long border lineup - trust me it sucks). I get her calmed down and we take a break in the lot. Finally she's done eating, is falling asleep and smiling. I put her back in the car seat and we go back in line.

Long story short, another 40 minutes of crying. Felt like my heart was wrenched.

The worst part? When we FINALLY got to the crossing, only 4 out of 10 booths were open. I was so annoyed.

Amyway we're here now. She's slept terribly- up every two hours or less.

I really need to apply for Nexus. I don't think I can go through that again.

:-(

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

That reminds me I need to get Nexus cards for the boys. It is free for kids! But I need to get them passports first which means getting their birth certificates ehich I haven't done yet either. Taking a trip with two infants scares the ####### out of me.

I hope your return trip is better.

Timeline

Worst border crossing. And it wasn't a visa issue for once. It's a two hour drive to the border but traffic was bad. I made sure Lily was fed, changed etc before we left. Miraculously she slept in the car until a few minutes before the border. The lineup looked bad- eta one hour wait so we decided to grab a bite to eat at Burger king and I would feed her hoping she'd go back to sleep.

Well she decided to have a poopsaster in the restaurant. Super noisy. Oy. I went to change her only to discover the bathroom didn't have a changing table or any room. So I had to do it in the back of the car. Hard coz the seat isn't flat. Also p.u. Sigh.

So after she's fed and changed and happy we hit the road and get in the lineup. It's bad. She's ok for a bit but is really hating still being in the carseat. After 10 minutes of me using all my tricks in the back beside her she has fully lost it and is screaming like the world is about to end. And the line isn't moving.

Normally I would pull out my phone and play the "baby got colic" video which tends to put her to sleep and always calms her.

But we're on the border. And I've just lost cell coverage. Aghhh.

At this point her cheeks are soaked in tears and she's crying so hard she's having breathing issues. We can't turn around or go anywhere. I can't take her out of her seat coz we're technically moving a few inches.

30 minutes later we reach the duty free shop and pull in the parking lot. I take her out and she is having whole body shakings. Finally get her calmed down.

We both are finally able to access a washroom there (never drink pop before a long border lineup - trust me it sucks). I get her calmed down and we take a break in the lot. Finally she's done eating, is falling asleep and smiling. I put her back in the car seat and we go back in line.

Long story short, another 40 minutes of crying. Felt like my heart was wrenched.

The worst part? When we FINALLY got to the crossing, only 4 out of 10 booths were open. I was so annoyed.

Amyway we're here now. She's slept terribly- up every two hours or less.

I really need to apply for Nexus. I don't think I can go through that again.

:-(

Some reflux babies have a hard time in the car seats as the angle pushes on their tummies. Alexis would scream two hours straight when we had to go to Memphis for my citizenship interview. We never went anywhere that took long. Alexis was two by the time we went to Canada 2 days in the truck was not something we wanted to do.

That reminds me I need to get Nexus cards for the boys. It is free for kids! But I need to get them passports first which means getting their birth certificates ehich I haven't done yet either. Taking a trip with two infants scares the ####### out of me.

I hope your return trip is better.

Normally little babies travel well they are like potted plants. But that was not Alexis

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

I hope my bapies travel well when the time comes. They were antsy today but dh was home and their crying just stressed him out.

Timeline

Oh, I want to go outside but it is so cold and no safe sidewalks reliably cleared.

Ugh!

Went to have baby pictures taken. It was nice and sunny, but the roads out where the photographer lives were snow drifted. It was near white out conditions from the blowing snow. Bapies did pretty good but we definitely didn't get as many pictures of all 4 of us as I had hoped since I kept having to breast feed one baby or the other to calm them down. My husband says it will be a cold day in hell before he goes back. He finds picture taking "invasive". SMH. I will go back without him earlier in the day some day soon since the photographer wants to do more poses and is giving us the pictures as a gift.

Timeline

I never did the photographer, just went into Sears and did it that way. Most ppl I know always said it's better to have them come to you for baby pics, easier when you need to feed and stuff. But that would be more invasive them going to their home.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we did her pics at JC Penny's when she was about a week old. they did a great job. We are going back thier for her 6 month pictures and to take a family picture of the 3 of us..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello ladies!

Checking in, and almost ready to pop! My NST and BPP were cancelled today due to it being a snow day in our county which I'm bummed out about because I want to know if the baby is still breech. As of Friday he was. On Friday I'll be scheduling a C-section if he's breech or induction if he isn't. My mom is coming out from BC to stay with us for 3 weeks. I'm still debating if I want to wait til I'm exactly 40 weeks for my C-section/induction (which will give my mom and I a week together before the baby) or just have it the day after she gets here. I'm really torn. Part of me wants to wait and have that time as this is my first and I will never again have this alone time with my mother, and part of me wants this baby out already.

So! Unless I go into labour before then, looks like baby will be here either Jan. 29 or Feb. 5. (my OB schedules deliveries on Wednesdays)

I think I'm all ready (materially) anyway. I got a ring sling for carrying, got the car seat/stroller, crib, clothes...and going to try to make my own baby bum cream etc. Emotionally and mentally? Totally not ready! I'm an emotional roller coaster train wreck these days.

Any advice on getting baby his Canadian citizenship papers after birth? Do I register his birth with the Canadian embassy here? I would like my baby to be dual citizen if that's possible. I will also need to get his passport soon as we will be travelling in the summer.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Timeline

Check out http://spinningbabies.com/ it can help you figure out how the baby is laying and it has techniques to turn baby head down. Since you want to spend time with your mom I would push the c-section till 40weeks it will give you time a to try and turn baby. Chiropractors and acupuncture can help turn babies too if you want to try and if successful you may go into labour on your own.

When baby is born Canada automatically considers them a dual citizen, the registering is so you have proof for a SIN Card and Passport.It looks like all the paper work is done through NovaScotia now. If your traveling by land the birth certificate is all you need.

Good Luck remember baby can change positions right up and during labour, Lilac got to experience that one but not in the best way with her little guy. I wish you a very safe and fast delivery which ever way baby comes.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Jens, I hope your baby ges turned head down. See if you can find a chiropractor who is trained in the webster technique which help to get your ligaments looser and your pelvis in the right position to get a baby head down. I went to a chiropractor for it and I felt so good afterward. My babies were both head down at the beginning of labor. Still not sure how my littlest flipped over but 31 hours allowed him to rearrange himself inside.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.