Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Lilac any news?

How's all the new babies doing?

I'll be 28 weeks on monday, 1 hour GTT test to due. I'm getting to drink apple juice and a banana instead of the drink. Hopefully I pass as I don't want to do the 3 hour test this time around it's a pain in the butt to get poked and sit there all that time.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Still waiting. The doctor on Friday was like "you are 39 weeks pregnant with twins and gestational diabetes. Why haven't you had those babies?" Like I can make them come out all by myself! I really want labor to start spontaneously but on Monday I will be having an ultrasound and depending on the outcome, I think the doctors are going to push for an induction date. I am hoping that the babies decide to come before Monday morning. I don't want to be pushed into having to be induced. But I want my babies to be safe too.

Timeline

I fully understand your thoughts. If all is good with the ultrasound don't feel pressured to be induced. Get working with all those old wives tales they sure can't hurt. Lots of attacking your husband could do it too :P

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Lily has been on Zantac for a week and a half. The first night she slept for 7 hours straight and I woke up in a panic wondering if she was still breathing! Since then she has been sleeping a lot better. 3 hours in a row at least for the first stretch and usually around 4-5. She's been pretty miserable the past week and we were wondering if it was doing anything for her pain since she still seemed super unhappy and colicky. Colic is so hard... 3 stages: sleeping, eating and crying. But today she is like a different baby! She also took a NAP today of over 3 hours! Usually the most we can pull off is 15-20 minutes in the daytime. She woke up smiles in the morning, smiles after her nap and has been sitting on our laps this evening smiling every so often. Sure she still has her crying bouts but today has been amazing. My husband and I keep looking at each other wondering if that is what a 'normal' baby is like. I'm so hoping it continues. We have her weight check next week Wednesday. She was 7'12 last time at 2 months so I'm hoping it's better now with Zantac. Thinking positive here......

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

Finally got a picture of her smiling heart.gif I am trying to figure out what colour her hair will be...

Dec62013Smile.jpg

Edited by VeeNDee

VeeNDee

Timeline

Very cute Little girl .

Zantac is very sensitive to weight gain it's good you are having her checked on Wednesday. Make sure they adjust her Zantac.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

1 hour Glucose test this morning, I wish they would give you the results the same day the wait is going to kill me.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

1 hour Glucose test this morning, I wish they would give you the results the same day the wait is going to kill me.

Are you suspicious that you might have it? Hope it turns out that you don't!!! Sounds like a real pain to have based on what some of you have talked about. Ugh.

VeeNDee

Timeline

Are you suspicious that you might have it? Hope it turns out that you don't!!! Sounds like a real pain to have based on what some of you have talked about. Ugh.

No suspicions just the 1 hr test is not a very good test it's full of false positives. I hate waiting just because I want to know sooner rather then later if I have to do the 3h test.

Did you not have to so it?

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

VeeNDee glad to see a smiling face on your little girl. I am sure that is a relief.

Ontarkie, hope the glucose test went well.

Well, an induction is scheduled for 7:30 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 20 when I will be 40w1d. I was comfortable with that because I believe that I will go into labor before that. The Biophysical profile showed that the blood flow from the placentas was good, plenty of amniotic fluid, and the babies looked great. We did a non-stress test too and the heart beats were good - but I did not have any contractions during the 30 minutes I was on the monitor. On the way into the doctor I could hardly walk the baby's head was sitting in such a way to cause me serious pain and I was having strong contractions. Ultrasound estimate of the baby's weights was 6 pounds 14 oz for one and 6 pounds 12 oz for the other. The ultrasound tech said the babies are likely 7 pounds or so because the way the babies are laying it is hard to get a good picture of their bellies and heads which is a major part of the ultrasound estimate of their weights.

I called the chiropractor and tomorrow we will see if maybe she can loosen up the spot where the first head down baby is so he turns a little more, since he is facing to the right in my pelvis. I have done some stair climbing and ate some pineapple as well today.

Timeline

No suspicions just the 1 hr test is not a very good test it's full of false positives. I hate waiting just because I want to know sooner rather then later if I have to do the 3h test.

Did you not have to so it?

I had to do the 1 hour test but passed thankfully.

VeeNDee glad to see a smiling face on your little girl. I am sure that is a relief.

Well, an induction is scheduled for 7:30 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 20 when I will be 40w1d. I was comfortable with that because I believe that I will go into labor before that. The Biophysical profile showed that the blood flow from the placentas was good, plenty of amniotic fluid, and the babies looked great. We did a non-stress test too and the heart beats were good - but I did not have any contractions during the 30 minutes I was on the monitor. On the way into the doctor I could hardly walk the baby's head was sitting in such a way to cause me serious pain and I was having strong contractions. Ultrasound estimate of the baby's weights was 6 pounds 14 oz for one and 6 pounds 12 oz for the other. The ultrasound tech said the babies are likely 7 pounds or so because the way the babies are laying it is hard to get a good picture of their bellies and heads which is a major part of the ultrasound estimate of their weights.

I called the chiropractor and tomorrow we will see if maybe she can loosen up the spot where the first head down baby is so he turns a little more, since he is facing to the right in my pelvis. I have done some stair climbing and ate some pineapple as well today.

lilac it sounds like your babies are doing great! Wishing you the best! Are you all prepared with food and all that you need for the first bit?

VeeNDee

Timeline

Still waiting. The doctor on Friday was like "you are 39 weeks pregnant with twins and gestational diabetes. Why haven't you had those babies?" Like I can make them come out all by myself! I really want labor to start spontaneously but on Monday I will be having an ultrasound and depending on the outcome, I think the doctors are going to push for an induction date. I am hoping that the babies decide to come before Monday morning. I don't want to be pushed into having to be induced. But I want my babies to be safe too.

Because of the GD i did not have a choice also i wasn't dilating and the baby wasn't in my pelvis yet. Hopefully you will deliver on your own. Ultimately it does come down to whats safer for you and the babies,which is why in the end we decided on a c-section, i wasn't going to risk 13 hours of induced labour with no progress, only to be cut open anyway. That would have been way too much stress and i would have been exhausted to the max.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Lily has been on Zantac for a week and a half. The first night she slept for 7 hours straight and I woke up in a panic wondering if she was still breathing! Since then she has been sleeping a lot better. 3 hours in a row at least for the first stretch and usually around 4-5. She's been pretty miserable the past week and we were wondering if it was doing anything for her pain since she still seemed super unhappy and colicky. Colic is so hard... 3 stages: sleeping, eating and crying. But today she is like a different baby! She also took a NAP today of over 3 hours! Usually the most we can pull off is 15-20 minutes in the daytime. She woke up smiles in the morning, smiles after her nap and has been sitting on our laps this evening smiling every so often. Sure she still has her crying bouts but today has been amazing. My husband and I keep looking at each other wondering if that is what a 'normal' baby is like. I'm so hoping it continues. We have her weight check next week Wednesday. She was 7'12 last time at 2 months so I'm hoping it's better now with Zantac. Thinking positive here......

I am so happy for you! i'm still trying to figure out what a happy baby is like and keep feeling like we are missing out on so much and that baby is not having a good childhood :(

We saw a new DR. and he doubled her dose of Zantac, apparently the other doc gave Caihla too little..She gained a lb in 2 weeks which he said was really good. And i left feelign like a good mama! when i told him how much i was feeding her this guy was like Woah..thats a lot. He is more in line with what i think unlike the last doc who tried to tell me my 6 week old should be having 6-8 oz!! Even this doc was like umm no thats way too much.

Caihla did NOT like her hep b shot..in fact she almost made David cry lol. He was telling me the look on her face and the quivering lower lip and he almost burst into tears. I hear you on the nap front..for some reason Caihla wont nap and then gets overtired cuz shes awake for like hours almost. She was up from 7 AM to 3 PM yesterday like #######! I even fed her like a champ but damn was she cranky. The last two days of this day and night of not sleeping has made me uber bitchy and snappish about everything too. I made my husband run out of the house to a store for 3 hours to get away from me :(

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Glad to hear the babies are doing well. Ultrasounds can be off by a LB either way. They told me the day before my c-section that caihla was 7lbs, she turned out to be 8lbs 2 oz. Hope you can get some help with that pain, i can't imagine what trying to walk with two little ones would be like!

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

I am so happy for you! i'm still trying to figure out what a happy baby is like and keep feeling like we are missing out on so much and that baby is not having a good childhood sad.png

We saw a new DR. and he doubled her dose of Zantac, apparently the other doc gave Caihla too little..She gained a lb in 2 weeks which he said was really good. And i left feelign like a good mama! when i told him how much i was feeding her this guy was like Woah..thats a lot. He is more in line with what i think unlike the last doc who tried to tell me my 6 week old should be having 6-8 oz!! Even this doc was like umm no thats way too much.

Caihla did NOT like her hep b shot..in fact she almost made David cry lol. He was telling me the look on her face and the quivering lower lip and he almost burst into tears. I hear you on the nap front..for some reason Caihla wont nap and then gets overtired cuz shes awake for like hours almost. She was up from 7 AM to 3 PM yesterday like #######! I even fed her like a champ but damn was she cranky. The last two days of this day and night of not sleeping has made me uber bitchy and snappish about everything too. I made my husband run out of the house to a store for 3 hours to get away from me sad.png

Yay for a Dr who knows what he's doing.Glad she is gaining good, and you know more about how much she should be eating.. Sorry about the hep b shot making her cranky.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.