Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Prevacid quick dissolves wasn't covered at all with our insurance it was 60$ month, we got 15 pills and had to cut them in halves. Then dissolve the one half she liked that stuff is was sweet. So worth the money too.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Just a quick chime in since I've been reading your experiences. I tried talking to the doctor about Lily since birth about her spitting up and waking up swallowing down something over and over and half choking whenever she lies flat at night. She cries and grunts in her sleep all the time and is never content. She's either asleep, eating or crying. We got a Rock and Play out of desperation around 3 weeks and it let her sleep longer right away the first night. However the spitting up and throwing kept getting worse. She pukes out her nose, and puddles of puke coat her clothes and go everywhere. We had to take apart the swing coz it got into all the layers once and I scrubbed out her car seat as best I can but it's bad. I called to ask about reflux and was told that it's normal and that all babies spit up and cry.

Well today we went for our two month checkup. And suddenly they are taking me seriously because she is not gaining weight properly. She was born at 6'6 and only weighs 7'12 at two months. They told me she should've weighed that much by 4 weeks or earlier not 8+. So now she has a prescription for Zantac and has also been diagnosed with colic.

It's been a rough 2 months. I am hoping the Zantac will help :S Poor girl is always in pain.

P.S. I was tired of being told since I was a first time mom that everything is 'normal' and babies just 'do that' instead of just listening to my instincts that something wasn't right ;(

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

Just a word of caution many doctors will blame Colic for just about everything, some will go as far as telling you acid reflux doesn't exist. Spit up and crying is normal just not to the extent you are seeing, it is so hard because many doctors will just look at you like oh your a first time mom and brush you off. If I knew about silent reflux I would of pitched a fit a lot sooner then I did. I wasn't a first time mom but 14yrs between the 2 youngest and I had no idea babies got reflux until I joined a baby board.

Now the Zantac will help her pain but most of the time not the spiting up, but it makes it more easier for them to handle. Did they tell you to keep her upright for 20-30 mins after she eats? That should help keep her food down better. I heard a lot of moms use the rock and play and it was a life saver.

I don't remember if you are nursing or formula feeding, if you are using a bottle check to see if you have low flow nipples, if you do try burping her more often. Like after every once., its a pain in the butt but can help slow her down and maybe she will keep a bit more in. If it's formula you can try one of the ones that have sensitive or the like on it. I know they have much more expensive stuff out there that ppl found work but I have no experience with it.

If your nursing check to see if you have a fast letdown, does she have problems keeping up with the milk.

Another thing if you're not leery of Chiropractors they are great for reflux also. I think that is why Alexis out grew it about earlier then some of the other babies I know.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Yeah the Rock and Play made a huge difference for us in her sleeping. The first night we had it she slept for 4 hours and we were in shock. She will only sleep in that or on one of us at this point, otherwise she wakes herself up with the reflux. I think she still wakes up more often at night in the Rock and Play but it's not as bad so she at least goes back to sleep afterwards. She does the swallowing of the acid and crying with her eyes closed.

Yeah I know even my brother and sister in law saw how hard it was for us when they visited and kind of laughed in semi sympathy saying , oh that's a first time baby for you. People kept saying all these things making me feel like I was doing something wrong and it was so stressful trying to handle her constant crying.

I am nursing her exclusively other than supplemented the first week of her life due to jaundice until I got the go ahead to just BF. I think I do have a forceful letdown- I can spray across the room sometimes if I hand express. The problem is I can't FEEL it let down so I don't know when it happens, but sometimes she will unlatch and get annoyed and that is usually when I notice it is possible to spray like that. Not really sure how to prevent that.

I do keep her upright as much as possible after eating. She also seems to eat better when I lie down to nurse because it supposedly slows my flow? I dunno but it seems to help a bit.

I am debating a chiropractor now... we'll see how Zantac goes. I hate seeing her so sick. She puked so much this morning that for the first time she didn't cry after and just sat looking at me and whimpering :-(

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

Oh yes side nursing most likely helped to slow it down. . I don't know why but maybe it's gravity that slows things down. If you haven't looked at the kellymom website she has some tips to help with a fast letdown. I know when babies get older that can deal with the fast milk better. I didn't have that problem but I read some moms will express just enough to get past the spraying part to help

Ya the new baby/new mom comments drive me nuts also. Alexis was #5 the only one who had reflux but boy everyone tried telling me oh I'm just spoiling her or this and that. Drove me batty to the point I didn't go visiting anymore. Since Alexis didn't spit up she wanted to nurse all the time because it felt better.

Hopefully the zantac kicks in quickly, I noticed it helped Alexis the first night I thought it was a fluke at first.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Just a quick chime in since I've been reading your experiences. I tried talking to the doctor about Lily since birth about her spitting up and waking up swallowing down something over and over and half choking whenever she lies flat at night. She cries and grunts in her sleep all the time and is never content. She's either asleep, eating or crying. We got a Rock and Play out of desperation around 3 weeks and it let her sleep longer right away the first night. However the spitting up and throwing kept getting worse. She pukes out her nose, and puddles of puke coat her clothes and go everywhere. We had to take apart the swing coz it got into all the layers once and I scrubbed out her car seat as best I can but it's bad. I called to ask about reflux and was told that it's normal and that all babies spit up and cry.

Well today we went for our two month checkup. And suddenly they are taking me seriously because she is not gaining weight properly. She was born at 6'6 and only weighs 7'12 at two months. They told me she should've weighed that much by 4 weeks or earlier not 8+. So now she has a prescription for Zantac and has also been diagnosed with colic.

It's been a rough 2 months. I am hoping the Zantac will help :S Poor girl is always in pain.

P.S. I was tired of being told since I was a first time mom that everything is 'normal' and babies just 'do that' instead of just listening to my instincts that something wasn't right ;(

I know how you feel. When Caihla was in the NICU they kept telling me " shes a spitter" and i knew that was not the case..it annoys the ** out of me when they say liek that is normal..i'm sorry continual vomiting through the nose and mouth multiple times is NOT normal. Sometimes i just want to smack these ppl

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Just a word of caution many doctors will blame Colic for just about everything, some will go as far as telling you acid reflux doesn't exist. Spit up and crying is normal just not to the extent you are seeing, it is so hard because many doctors will just look at you like oh your a first time mom and brush you off. If I knew about silent reflux I would of pitched a fit a lot sooner then I did. I wasn't a first time mom but 14yrs between the 2 youngest and I had no idea babies got reflux until I joined a baby board.

Now the Zantac will help her pain but most of the time not the spiting up, but it makes it more easier for them to handle. Did they tell you to keep her upright for 20-30 mins after she eats? That should help keep her food down better. I heard a lot of moms use the rock and play and it was a life saver.

I don't remember if you are nursing or formula feeding, if you are using a bottle check to see if you have low flow nipples, if you do try burping her more often. Like after every once., its a pain in the butt but can help slow her down and maybe she will keep a bit more in. If it's formula you can try one of the ones that have sensitive or the like on it. I know they have much more expensive stuff out there that ppl found work but I have no experience with it.

If your nursing check to see if you have a fast letdown, does she have problems keeping up with the milk.

Another thing if you're not leery of Chiropractors they are great for reflux also. I think that is why Alexis out grew it about earlier then some of the other babies I know.

the doc called yesterday and that is exactly what he did blame colic for everything along with " oh shes a difficult one"...i mean seriously?

for bottles the playtex angled ones work well also. I basically feed Caihla an oz at a time and burp her, if she wont burp i let her sit there with a pacifier for a bit until i'm sure she wont upchuck. I try to take an hour to feed her to make sure shes ok, but this am she slept for 2 hours and woke up choking and puking in her sleep :(

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Yeah the Rock and Play made a huge difference for us in her sleeping. The first night we had it she slept for 4 hours and we were in shock. She will only sleep in that or on one of us at this point, otherwise she wakes herself up with the reflux. I think she still wakes up more often at night in the Rock and Play but it's not as bad so she at least goes back to sleep afterwards. She does the swallowing of the acid and crying with her eyes closed.

Yeah I know even my brother and sister in law saw how hard it was for us when they visited and kind of laughed in semi sympathy saying , oh that's a first time baby for you. People kept saying all these things making me feel like I was doing something wrong and it was so stressful trying to handle her constant crying.

I am nursing her exclusively other than supplemented the first week of her life due to jaundice until I got the go ahead to just BF. I think I do have a forceful letdown- I can spray across the room sometimes if I hand express. The problem is I can't FEEL it let down so I don't know when it happens, but sometimes she will unlatch and get annoyed and that is usually when I notice it is possible to spray like that. Not really sure how to prevent that.

I do keep her upright as much as possible after eating. She also seems to eat better when I lie down to nurse because it supposedly slows my flow? I dunno but it seems to help a bit.

I am debating a chiropractor now... we'll see how Zantac goes. I hate seeing her so sick. She puked so much this morning that for the first time she didn't cry after and just sat looking at me and whimpering :-(

I felt so bad when i tried to grab my nipple to help caihla latch and i sprayed all over her face, it was funny but she had this " ####### was THAT" look on her face too lol.

Ignore all the people who try and make you feel like your doing something wrong. yoru not, you are doing a wonderful job and handling everything as best you can. Keep it up Mama and remember not to let your self get too stressed or upset, it wont help your milk supply.

When Caihla gets the hiccups i know she is done puking, which was like 5-6 times today :( I sat her in her swing changed her clothes again, and then fed her, by this time she was calmed down and managed to keep milk in her. She absolutely hates being cold and wet from clothes she has spit up on so much, that i have to feed her naked with just her diaper. Otherwise she becomes a complete spaz and gets super pissy.

IF you want i can invite you to the Group my friend amy got me to join, called Breastfeeding mamas, they have a website and a FB page it has like 4k members and they are extremely helpful. Just send me your email and i'll get an admin to invite you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/breastfeedingmamas/

http://www.breastfeedingmamas.org/ is the website and they have alot of helpfull stuff.

Ironically the only thing that seems to have helped Caihla is Thanksgiving, ie: turkey coma passed on from me to baby i think lol. those 3 or 4 days i was eating leftovers she was so good.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

I like the Turkey coma maybe all of us who have babies with tummy trouble should live off turkey.

the doc called yesterday and that is exactly what he did blame colic for everything along with " oh shes a difficult one"...i mean seriously?

for bottles the playtex angled ones work well also. I basically feed Caihla an oz at a time and burp her, if she wont burp i let her sit there with a pacifier for a bit until i'm sure she wont upchuck. I try to take an hour to feed her to make sure shes ok, but this am she slept for 2 hours and woke up choking and puking in her sleep sad.png

Might be time to ask around for a new doctor, maybe someone in your FB group will know of a good one.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I sure hope my babies don't have too many feeding difficulties.

This morning I was having contractions every 3 to 5 minutes if I was up and walking around. But 8 to 10 minutes if I Laid down. But then my ob was sick so I had to go in early to see another one and my blood pressure was something over 98. So the doctor sent me to triage to "monitor" me. Three hours of sitting there getting my blood pressure taken and listening to babies heartbeats and all was fine - no protein in urine, not anemic, no high blood pressure readings. But all strong contractions stopped because I could only sit. Went out to lunch with DH. Came home and basically nothing the rest of today.

Timeline

I sure hope my babies don't have too many feeding difficulties.

This morning I was having contractions every 3 to 5 minutes if I was up and walking around. But 8 to 10 minutes if I Laid down. But then my ob was sick so I had to go in early to see another one and my blood pressure was something over 98. So the doctor sent me to triage to "monitor" me. Three hours of sitting there getting my blood pressure taken and listening to babies heartbeats and all was fine - no protein in urine, not anemic, no high blood pressure readings. But all strong contractions stopped because I could only sit. Went out to lunch with DH. Came home and basically nothing the rest of today.

I'm glad all the test came back good. Hopefully your body will kick-in to high gear soon and your beautiful babies become outside babies. Hopefully you have no feeding issues

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Seems like every morning I will have belly crunching, shrink wrap feelings, now with "I have a bowling ball in my pelvis" feelings, but I get up moving around and everything just peters out. No contractions that are following a regular pattern and regularly spaced. Poor DH is beside himself. At first he didn't want to leave me alone this morning to go to work, but I told him a watched pot never boils! My mom, who is staying through Dec. 30, arrived today so at least that will probably set his mind at ease for a little about having me at home.

I just keep working on work stuff and sitting on my exercise ball as much as I can because that "bowling ball" feeling makes it hard to sit on the couch or chairs.

Timeline

Oh Lilac sorry about the bowling ball feeling, hopefully labour kicks in soon.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Crazy how the weather in Michigan went from 2 days of "light snow" to only 2 days of no snow in the next 10 days. Starting to go stir crazy.

Timeline

Bundle up and drag your husband out for a walk, might just jump start something :P

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.