Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mid pregnancy I had bad hip pain too (I also have rheumatoid arthritis and some days it hurt to walk). The only thing that ended up helping me a little was to buy a special pregnancy pillow. Ended up getting the Snoogle and it was amazingly comfortable. Takes up a bit of space but was worth it for me. And as a bonus I can now use it as a nursing pillow or roll it into a circle for back support. Although truth be told due to its size I don't use it much anymore. But I sure don't regret it.

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have been using a u shaped pregnancy pillow several months and I agree it was totally but now it doesn't seem like it is enough.

Timeline

I've used body pillows but I would guess you need more then that, maybe add one with your other pillow?

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my darling daughter has decided that her nighttime is from about 2am til about 10am or so. :P She will wake up in between those times for a bottle but she goes right back to sleep..

From around 12am to 2am she fusses and cries and wants to be carried the whole time.. My husband says she turns into a gremlin..lol We have to try and get her out of this because my husband goes back to work this week and he has to be up by about 3:30 am...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Are you pumping milk or doing formula? If pumping you could try to top her up before midnight, it works better with breastmilk not so much formula. How old is she now? Could be another growth spurt some babies it last a bit longer then others.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

I am just doing formula now. I try and give her an extra ounce or so but it doesn't help..

she will be 7 weeks tomorrow..

she has been doing the gremlin thing at 12am pretty consistently for the last few weeks.. I think she might be sleeping too long in the evening but it is hard to keep her awake..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

It very well can be the 6 week growth spurt, some babies have it last longer. Don't worry about her sleeping too long in the evening many moms will try to tell you to keep her awake but that almost always fails. Is she swaddle at bed time? The extra ounce could also be causing a bit more gas. She is doing great if she is sleeping from 2am till 10 am that is a great stretch, it's just too bad she not timing it better for Daddy.

I know doctors and the nurses don't believe warming their milk makes a difference but it really does, so if you aren't warming it give it a try. Cold milk can cause cramps and just like with adults warm milk can help them sleep. Boy I'm sounding old.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

I know room temperature is perfectly fine, I just found warm milk worked better it sure can't hurt to try. Hopefully it does help.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Caihla caught some sort of bug or something. i'm guessing it was from the sniffling delivery guy who brought us our new fridge..grrr. she has a stuffy nose sounds like a gremlin, and is doing more than spitting up her milk. sometimes a couple ounces comes right back up undigested, meaning the phlegm is blocking it from making it to her stomach :( so we have now brought her into the pediatrician twice this week, once for her first checkup and 2nd for this cold.

they told us to put her on pedialyte for 24 hours and see how she is. poor little girl was sneezing so much sometimes. Now she seems to be through the worst of it but David now has the cold!

she has not gained any weight in the week we brought her home either :( mind you she has not lost any either but still. today is our first day alone since David is back at work. trying to get any naps in is hard when Caihla wakes up every 2 hours. by the time i feed her warmed breast milk i've pumped, and she falls asleep again, its time to rinse and repeat. im lucky if i get 30 mins each time. since she was on pedialyte i did manage to pump some excess milk bottles that david can feed her so i can get a nap. which i did manage to do last night on the couch. I know i'll get used to this eventually and her witching hours won't be from midnight to 5am anymore. i just have to wait it out.

no one told me carrying around a baby was going to kill my back either LOL. my back is in such pain this week..apparently i'm suing muscles i didn't know i had! :)

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

so yesterday Emily was a gremlin for most of the day.. wanting to be carried and walked around, crying a lot.. but she slept about 4 hour stretches at night.. yay!

she is in a way better mood today but she is only has been taking little cat naps all day.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Marilyn I hope Emily passes this gremlin stage for you quickly. I was reading about the growth spurts at 2, 6, and 12 weeks and like Ontarkie was saying hopefully these will pass quickly.

Kimbear, maybe some extra skin to skin time with you while breast feeding will help you and Caihla get some sleep and help her get better since breast milk is supposed to have anti-bacterial properties. I hope you can relax, rest, and feed your little girl.

AFM, I did try adding another pillow under my leg in sort of a tripod configuration and it seems to have helped the hip pain. The boys have gotten very kick happy. I videod my belly going all wavy and bumpy yesterday because the boys were really going to town. I have a terrible ear ache, not sure why. I gargled with warm salt water and that helped me go back to sleep for a few hours. I think I am going to get a hot water bottle and lay my head on that to see if I can get my ear feeling good again.

Timeline

Marilyn I hope Emily passes this gremlin stage for you quickly. I was reading about the growth spurts at 2, 6, and 12 weeks and like Ontarkie was saying hopefully these will pass quickly.

Kimbear, maybe some extra skin to skin time with you while breast feeding will help you and Caihla get some sleep and help her get better since breast milk is supposed to have anti-bacterial properties. I hope you can relax, rest, and feed your little girl.

AFM, I did try adding another pillow under my leg in sort of a tripod configuration and it seems to have helped the hip pain. The boys have gotten very kick happy. I videod my belly going all wavy and bumpy yesterday because the boys were really going to town. I have a terrible ear ache, not sure why. I gargled with warm salt water and that helped me go back to sleep for a few hours. I think I am going to get a hot water bottle and lay my head on that to see if I can get my ear feeling good again.

heh the problem with skin to skin as i've found out is it causes "baby coma" :P we both end up fast asleep, and i'm worried i could crush her or drop her off my lap. Her cold for the most part seems overwith. i'm now burping her after every 1 oz, to minimize any loss when/ if it comes back up. She is extremely gassy at both ends.

Sorry for the hip pain, the last month of my pregnancy my left hip was making me cry almost. especially since they say to lay on that side to give the uterus more blood flow and oxygen. One happy note: my edema has finally gone away from my legs and feet!! :) it vanished overnight and i can fit into my shoes again lol. Although now i have all this wrinkly skin EWWW lol. And bloody hell my hands are like sandpaper especially the tops of them from washing so much at the nicu, the dry air from the hospital, and all the hand washing of the baby bottles and breast pump parts. I need to find some super strenght good moisturizer.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

so last night she decided to be a gremlin for 3 hours from 12 to 3 am. i hung out in the living room so my husband could sleep. it was hard because I couldn't take a break like usual by passing her off to my husband..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.