Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Team Green has turned into a baby girl! Lily arrived on October 10th weighing 6 pounds 6 ounces and 20.5 inches long. She was definitely bigger than expected and all that worrying ended up not mattering. She had to deal with jaundice and we stayed in hospital an extra day and a half in pediatrics under the bili lights. That was very emotional- she would cry and cry and squirm around to get out of the eye coverings and I wasn't allowed to pick her up for hours. sad.png Thankfully she was released late Saturday and we are all home now. And of course, utterly sleepless. I knew babies were a lot of work but no one told me I'd get an hour of sleep a night. I think it's cluster feeding ... anyway, I'll fill you in more later but wanted to update you. She has beautiful eyes and hair that totally remind me of my husband smile.png I was bald when born haha!

Congrats New Mama!! Glad everything cleared up with the bilirubin.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Kimbear, sorry that you had to have your cervix messed with today. Sounds not so much fun. Today I had another "vaginal exam" which I guess I will have every week from now until the babies are born. At least today, the doctor seemed more gentle and I am not having terrible cramps and pain afterward.

Maternity photos had to be pushed back until Sunday. Hopefully the weather is good then.

well it seems they are going to piss off my cervix each appointment now til i go into labour!! lol. they are checking to see if i dilated but jeez do they have to poke that hard??!! Apparently i'm between 1-2 cm now, and thankfully i did not bleed this time. But the backache and cramps that came after were not so much fun. :(

and i think my GD has slowed down / cleared up. My numbers have been ridiculously good and low last two weeks. i guess that's a good sign! DR office gave me a bunch of freebies again. I think i have 200$ worth of formula and stuff now from them and the online stuff i signed up for. I intend to BF, but its always good to have a backup i guess. If i don't use the stuff i'll give it to a pantry / shelter. Craps expensive enough i'm sure people can use it.

My husbands work just threw him a baby shower lol. I dont even know what to say. they are quite aware of our long immigration journey and history to get this far. Im not sure whether to laugh or cry right now. and i have his parents coming over with more stuff for us today too!

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Just a thought about borders and babies. At the hospital they gave us a form to fill out for the birth certificate and said we needed to wait two to four weeks before sending in the application. And then with the shutdown they weren't sure how long that would take after. They also gave me a square paper that is a commemorative birth certificate from the hospital. Basically, it's designed for the baby book, but it is signed by the OB, Admin and the attending nurse. I wonder if that is what they talk about for proof from the hospital. Not very official looking but....

On a side note, baby Lily is slightly more calm the last day and she seems able to sleep for an hour at a time at night. Sometimes. I got a two hour stretch last night that was heavenly. When she wakes up though she wants to eat forever (this morning she fed for an hour and a half!) and it's all I can do not to fall asleep during. Zzzzzzz. Things are progressing a little easier now on day 5.

We fall in love with her even more everyday and just when you didn't think it was possible, even more. Just can't stop watching her smile.png

Our hospital is doing all the paperwork for BC and SSN# and we just have to wait for them to come in the mail. I don't think i'd be awake enough to fill any forms out after giving birth lol. My understanding is the BC you need for everyting like passport etc is just like the long forms back home, they have to have parents names etc on them, at least thats what i've read for certain applications.

Glad Lily is getting calmer. I still don't know how i'm going to survive on so little sleep the first few weeks. and hour and a half feeding?? oh jeez. Here i was thinking they would eat for a short time since their stomachs are really really tiny, and then sleep!

My benefits finally kicked in. I got 2 weeks worth of meds for 5 bucks instead of 1100$. Pretty sure I can get reimbursed for my first 2 weeks meds in October also.

oh thats great news. about damn time eh? :) Hope they pay for the other meds too. You need a break b4 L&D!

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

VeeNDee, ahh, that is so sweet about falling more and more in love with your sweet little girl. Also the hospital "birth certificate" is just for decoration. You want the one from your county government that likely has a raised seal or some special "paper" that it is printed on for crossing the border.

Jens, glad your benefits kicked in. $5 is a whole lot better than $1100 for meds.

Swimming seems to be helping me keep my blood glucose levels under control. My morning (fasting) numbers are fine, but some of my after meal numbers have been high. I go for my "follow up" on Friday so I am hoping I don't have to go on insulin.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
My understanding is the BC you need for everyting like passport etc is just like the long forms back home, they have to have parents names etc on them, at least thats what i've read for certain applications.

When I saw my DH's Canadian "short form", I was like, that isn't a birth certificate! I am not even sure you can get a "short form" in the U.S. I haven't ever seen any birth certificate down here that didn't have the parents names along with the child's information. Usually they are at least 8.5 by 11 paper or larger depending on where a person is. It is interesting to see how different places deal with birth certificates. My mom had one of those "hospital birth certificates" but when she got her driver's license she had to get one of the "real ones". I keep all of our certificates - birth, marriage, immigration stuff, passports - in a fire proof box in our house. I don't want to have to pay to get them again.

Timeline

When I saw my DH's Canadian "short form", I was like, that isn't a birth certificate! I am not even sure you can get a "short form" in the U.S. I haven't ever seen any birth certificate down here that didn't have the parents names along with the child's information. Usually they are at least 8.5 by 11 paper or larger depending on where a person is. It is interesting to see how different places deal with birth certificates. My mom had one of those "hospital birth certificates" but when she got her driver's license she had to get one of the "real ones". I keep all of our certificates - birth, marriage, immigration stuff, passports - in a fire proof box in our house. I don't want to have to pay to get them again.

In Quebec until recently all you got was a baptismal certificate from the church which is what i had til i got my passport back in 2008. i guess teh church is not as trustworth as the government either :P

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

OMG so my husband came home today with the gifts from his works babyshower..and i almost cried when i saw this: http://www.amazon.com/Lazy-One-Infant-Caboose-months/dp/B00EP4YQDE/ref=sr_1_7?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1381968747&sr=1-7

it even says Banff Canada on it! our family baby shower we had hardly anything pink, lol well we got all sorts of clothes and blankets and things in pink :) I still can't believe his department did this for him. It was such a sweet thing to do for us.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG so my husband came home today with the gifts from his works babyshower..and i almost cried when i saw this: http://www.amazon.com/Lazy-One-Infant-Caboose-months/dp/B00EP4YQDE/ref=sr_1_7?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1381968747&sr=1-7

it even says Banff Canada on it! our family baby shower we had hardly anything pink, lol well we got all sorts of clothes and blankets and things in pink smile.png I still can't believe his department did this for him. It was such a sweet thing to do for us.

That's awesome! Love the pj's! That was so sweet for them to do that for you guys. :)

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

the certificate from the hospital was enough proof for my husband's FML etc...

my little munchkin is adorable. She is a pretty laid back baby. She only cries if she is tired or hungry. She was 3 weeks old on Monday.

My parents and younger sister are here from Canada. They are in love with her and it will be hard for them to leave but I am sure now they will come for a visit more often.

yesterday we took Emily to her first pumpkin patch and picked out a pumpkin.

1375056_10151961933817359_1349602472_n.j

1378021_10202392912450513_1303383746_n.j

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Love the pics!! Aww those little jeans! She's so teeny!!

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Timeline

Oh Marilyn - she's beautiful! I love her little jeans and headband - so cute. So happy for you.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Can a non-canadian new mom chime in here? ;) I've been MIA for quite a while, as we took a break from immigration and life just got hectic. I popped in to see what's been happening on VJ and to see how the people that I remember from my days on here are....and Marylin. just wanted to say I was so happy to see that you're a mommy, and your daughter is absolutely adorable! If I remember well you and your husband were trying but having some difficulty, so I'mreally happy for you. dancin5hr.gif

I had 'unexplained infertility' issues, and we tried for 4 years, and we did IUI as a last shot before going to IVF. My doctor at the time said that he was not optimistic of success because I did not do so well (in terms of egg production) on the injectible medication. We were knocked out of our 'boots' when I tested pregnancy positive two weeks after the IUI, and then shocked sh__less when my first ultrasound showed two heartbeats! :) I went on to have a rather uneventfuld (for twins) pregnancy...we had a little scare at 26 weeks when they discovered that my cervix drastically shortened to 8 mm (apparently normal is 4 cm) so after a week in the hospital I was sent home on severe bedrest. So my 8 mm cervix and I stayed in bed and rode out the rest of the pregnancy to deliver 2 healthy boys who arrived of their own volition at exactly 37 weeks of gestation on June 10th, weighing in at 7 lbs 3 ozs and 6 lbs 3 ozs respectively. They're doing great and at 4 months have become quite the chunky monkeys hovering around 18 lbs each and relegating me to a constantly achy back. Now if I could just get them to sleep somewhat through the night (like longer than 3-4 hour stretches) I would be in heaven! ;)

I'd like to share a photo or two of my sons, but its been so long sinve I've been on VJ, I've forgotten how. I have photos in Dropbox, anyone know how I can embed those images directly in a post?

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline

Marilyn she's adorable! Glad she is taking it easy on you.

Can a non-canadian new mom chime in here? wink.png I've been MIA for quite a while, as we took a break from immigration and life just got hectic. I popped in to see what's been happening on VJ and to see how the people that I remember from my days on here are....and Marylin. just wanted to say I was so happy to see that you're a mommy, and your daughter is absolutely adorable! If I remember well you and your husband were trying but having some difficulty, so I'mreally happy for you. dancin5hr.gif

I had 'unexplained infertility' issues, and we tried for 4 years, and we did IUI as a last shot before going to IVF. My doctor at the time said that he was not optimistic of success because I did not do so well (in terms of egg production) on the injectible medication. We were knocked out of our 'boots' when I tested pregnancy positive two weeks after the IUI, and then shocked sh__less when my first ultrasound showed two heartbeats! smile.png I went on to have a rather uneventfuld (for twins) pregnancy...we had a little scare at 26 weeks when they discovered that my cervix drastically shortened to 8 mm (apparently normal is 4 cm) so after a week in the hospital I was sent home on severe bedrest. So my 8 mm cervix and I stayed in bed and rode out the rest of the pregnancy to deliver 2 healthy boys who arrived of their own volition at exactly 37 weeks of gestation on June 10th, weighing in at 7 lbs 3 ozs and 6 lbs 3 ozs respectively. They're doing great and at 4 months have become quite the chunky monkeys hovering around 18 lbs each and relegating me to a constantly achy back. Now if I could just get them to sleep somewhat through the night (like longer than 3-4 hour stretches) I would be in heaven! wink.png

I'd like to share a photo or two of my sons, but its been so long sinve I've been on VJ, I've forgotten how. I have photos in Dropbox, anyone know how I can embed those images directly in a post?

Minya's wife you are welcome to join us any time. I'm happy your Doctor was wrong and you have your boys. Wish I could help you with the pictures, it takes me forever and a day to figure that out.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.