Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats Ontarkie on the little boy coming your way.

Kimbear I hope you don't have pre-eclampsia. Have you tried some support socks to keep swelling down in your feet. My sister swore by them. Hopefully the urine test turns out okay. I am hoping my diabetes education class on Monday goes well. I will be curious what my sugar levels are since I don't generally down 75 grams of sugar in a setting.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh Kimbear so much going on for you, I hope things get better soon.

Thanks everyone we are pretty excited.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Found out we are having a boy! So far all seems good. I opted to not go for any of the tests to determine Downe's Syndrome etc. unless the sonogram showed something off, but it didn't. I didn't want to cause myself anymore anxiety. Still waiting on our insurance policy numbers, this wait has been brutal!

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Timeline

Congrats Ontarkie on the little boy coming your way.

Kimbear I hope you don't have pre-eclampsia. Have you tried some support socks to keep swelling down in your feet. My sister swore by them. Hopefully the urine test turns out okay. I am hoping my diabetes education class on Monday goes well. I will be curious what my sugar levels are since I don't generally down 75 grams of sugar in a setting.

ya my dr suggested the compression socks which for some reason are impossible to find here. i sleep with 3 pillows propping my legs up and i stay off my feet most of the day now.

and its not just sugar that affected GD Lilac, its all the carbs we eat, bread, pasta, rice soda pop etc. our body converts that stuff to sugar. just taking sugar out of the equation wont fix anything however if you pair that up with hi fibre foods that slow the conversion to sugar it will make a difference.

I found some Edy's 1/2 fat ice cream made with splenda, 1/2 cup is only 16 carbs, and healthy lifestyle bread made with splenda that is high fibre with flax etc and only 6 carbs a slice as opposed to 16 for normal bread. Rule of thumb for me is eat tons of protein to help with cravings and being hungry since i'm only allowed 1900 calories a day and 195 carbs a day. Even 1 cup of 1% milk is 13 calories which is basically = to my afternoon snack i'm allowed.

at first it really sucked, and i felt like i was starving myself, but i learned to just add eggs, cheese, greek yogurt to everything, and TONS of veggies but Not potatoes or corn those are high carb / starch foods.

if you have a good dietician she can really help you out. Mine was kind of a flake...

as for my fasting numbers first thing in the AM, that there is nothing i can do about, since no matter what when you sleep your liver and stuff screws you over by still producing sugar. Luckily i was able to take a simple pill before bed rather than insulin needles or pens.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Found out we are having a boy! So far all seems good. I opted to not go for any of the tests to determine Downe's Syndrome etc. unless the sonogram showed something off, but it didn't. I didn't want to cause myself anymore anxiety. Still waiting on our insurance policy numbers, this wait has been brutal!

Congrats on the boy!

I chose to do the same thing, not have the tests, i have enough going on as is and i've already been worried since i got pregnant. imagine if i had that stuff to stress me out more? besides, not like anything can be done one way or the other about it

Hope your insurance kicks in soon. i was told by mine that baby can be under my policy for the first 30 days then gets a policy of their own. hoping that will save some on the out of pocket since we hit our deductible months ago. lol.

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Oh Kimbear so much going on for you, I hope things get better soon.

Thanks everyone we are pretty excited.

well today i go in for blood tests for the Pre-eclampsia, and hand in the huge jug of urine (ugh that was blech! lol) hoping for NO proteins in it, since thats a 100% sign of having it. I'll get the results Monday i imagine when i go in for my Ultrasound to check babys size etc . hoping it's just normal gestational high blood pressure and they can just give me a small pill or something for it, do NOT want baby out just yet. I know i'll be 37 weeks but more time for her lungs etc would be better. I also do not want a c-section, damn those movies make it look so (shudder) scary.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Well just got back, they are doing a bunch of blood tests, should have results by Monday, and they added the 20 minute Non stress test to my Monday ultrasound appointment. My BP was normal today. Somehow after not gaining weight for a week, i managed to gain 2 lbs in 3 days wow.gif . no idea how that works lol. My husband is going to not have any fingers left if he keeps biting /chewing them the way he is. I can't tell who is more stressed him or me!

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kimbear, tonight in our natural childbirth they showed a video called "6 steps to a safer birth". I know you were talking about avoiding a c-section and I found these videos to be helpful and thought you would too. http://www.mothersadvocate.org/videos.html The videos about walking, moving, and changing positions and the one about get upright and follow urges to push showed me things I had no idea about. I hope you don't have pre-eclampsia and that the blood tests come back negative for it. Thanks for the ideas on GD. I can't imagine a diet of 1900 calories. I don't think I did that pre-pregnancy, let alone now. I hope my dietician is good.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all just thought I would do by and say hi. Being a mother is one of the strangest but wonderful feelings in the world.

We think Emily now weighs almost 7.5lbs. She will be 2 weeks on Monday.

Hey all just thought I would do by and say hi. Being a mother is one of the strangest but wonderful feelings in the world.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Hi Marilyn, glad all is going well.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Glad its all going well. Enjoy all the mommy time for sure!!

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

So all tests came back ok, I don't have preeclampsia, no strep B, the fetal NST was good, i saw the baby's face on the ultrasound today! so looks like i'm going for a full 40 weeks. She already weighs in at 6 lbs 13 oz.

And I FINALLY found a pediatrician office i LIKE! they actually spent over an hour with us explaining stuff and giving us a tour and letting us meet the whole staff. Finally some competent people compared to the other clinics. I left with a binder filled with info on the clinic the doctors nurses, wellness tests lactation stuff. OH and they have a lactation consultant too who is one of the pediatric nurses! Just an over all warm feeling from the whole staff. These people obviously love what they do which is what i was looking for.

Bad news is i'm going to be spending a lot of gas now, they want me in twice a week for an ultrasound and another NST, each and every visit.

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

So all tests came back ok, I don't have preeclampsia, no strep B, the fetal NST was good, i saw the baby's face on the ultrasound today! so looks like i'm going for a full 40 weeks. She already weighs in at 6 lbs 13 oz.

And I FINALLY found a pediatrician office i LIKE! they actually spent over an hour with us explaining stuff and giving us a tour and letting us meet the whole staff. Finally some competent people compared to the other clinics. I left with a binder filled with info on the clinic the doctors nurses, wellness tests lactation stuff. OH and they have a lactation consultant too who is one of the pediatric nurses! Just an over all warm feeling from the whole staff. These people obviously love what they do which is what i was looking for.

Bad news is i'm going to be spending a lot of gas now, they want me in twice a week for an ultrasound and another NST, each and every visit.

Oh that is great news all around. I like our Pedi not fond of the nurse to the point of possibly switching.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Glad to hear all your good news about the test results! And about the pediatrician! We ended up opting to go with the family doctor my husband has used since he was a child for our baby. They seem okay from what I can tell, although my main concern is getting an appointment the same day. They book like a week ahead when you have a sore throat etc... and you have to call the morning of to hope for a cancellation. I asked the doctor about that and he said children are a priority and he will make sure to take them first. I am hesitant to critique him because my in-laws rave about him... >.>

I feel your pain on the twice weekly NSTs and BPPs. Been doing that for about 5 weeks and what a lot of gas, time and money. Since we only have 70% maternity coverage it is adding up towards our deductible like no one's business too. It feels almost like a waste of time to be honest since baby has been fine each time. Like, why am I going in....but then I wouldn't think that if they found a problem I guess. It seems like they are overly cautious sometimes. I'm not sure if they would do that much weekly testing in Canada, for comparison.

By the way, if I don't have the baby in the next few days, the doctor has set an induction date this week.

Baby inc.... very soon. Overwhelming!

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

I think i found a way around the passport ( no ssn#) so i can get Caihla her Canadian Citizenship. i need only ONE photo id for her and i can get a State Id card here for a child apparently. That should work according to the info on the Canada site along with her birth certificate. So i can worry about her ssn and usa passport later on.

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.