Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Marilyn, Emily is so cute! Glad she has made it safely into the world.

VeeNDee, I am sorry to hear the challenges you are facing. Have you tried eating extra protein to see if that will help your little one fill out? It is a recommendation for mothers of multiples.

AFM, failed my one hour glucose screen with a value of 189 when it should have been less than 130. I go back tomorrow for the three hour test that requires fasting, boo to fasting.

i failed my one hour with a 142, however when they did the 3 hour, and showed me the numbers it was my 2 hours that was really screwed up at 233. apparently i "peak" after 2 hours. which is i guess why alot of doctors do the 2hr test now instead of the one hour. the 3hr number was ok and the one hour not so bad but ya thats why nowadays i have to test after 2 hours from the start of a meal.

Fasting is the hard part, however do not go like 12 hours! the hospital gave me and told me thats why i got sick and dizzy, your only supposed to fast 8-10 max.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Went in for my growth ultrasound for 37 weeks. My OB and NST yesterday went great. So we were watching as they measured baby and everything is measuring 37 weeks except the abdomen which is back at 32 weeks..it hasn't really grown in 3 weeks sad.png It was pretty surprising. Did not see that coming. So we had a long talk with the neonatologist and he basically said with the growth dropping off so much there is no way they will let me go full term. He said the latest is 39 weeks and I will be induced by then, if not next week. He sent me for even more tests each week, so I go back again on Friday and Tuesday to have NSTs, OB visits and now full Doppler ultrasound to check blood flow and for fetal brain distress. He said contractions could potentially cause heart decelerations. He said for each appointment to bring my bags with me coz there's a chance I won't get to go back home. And that if the baby moves less than normal or I feel 'off' to come in to L&D... which freaked me out because sometimes baby is sleeping and how do I know for sure it's not just asleep.. the 10 movements in an hour I guess. But now I'm so scared I'll miss some sign of fetal distress.

Ughhh so not what I was expecting to hear. Last growth ultrasound had showed some improvement but it's dropped right off. Baby weighs just over 5 pounds now. To be honest I am hoping my water will just break so baby can come out and I won't have to worry. Plus I hear pitocin is not a lot of fun. I'm also supposed to rest .. guess I'll make that even more a priority.

Can't believe in less than 2 weeks we'll have a baby. All I want is for it to be healthy!!!!!

I'm sorry you have to go through that :(

From what i hear not everyone gets the pitocin, a few ppl i know who were induced didn't need it, and gave birth within 2 hours. 5 lbs is not so bad, keep in mind years ago the avg weight for a baby was 5-6 lbs not the 8lbs etc you hear about now which seems to be the average.

Oh Lilac that sucks. I'm actually surprised the doctors are still doing the 1hr test. I was told they aren't doing it anymore as it's full of false positives, they do a 2hr test it's supposed to be more accurate and not as rough as the 3 hr one.

I go see the Perinatoligist (sp) on Monday, hope baby cooperates and we see what we are having. I'll be 1 day short of being 17 weeks.

Hopefully baby shows her / his stuff for the us tech! lol Caihla is still being stubborn with that, but the tech is "almost positive" its a girl.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Glucose test done . Phlebotomist made me cry when she put the rubber band on too tight looking for the first fasting blood test poke. Thankfully It got better from there and the other pokes didn't cause me as much pain.

I was going to go out to eat but I forgot my wallet in my swim bag from last night. Thankfully I had my checkbook with me and the grocery store still accepts checks. On a good note, the grocery store had fresh veggie sushi. Yum yum!

I go back to the doctor this afternoon for my 28 week ultrasound, rhogam shot, and prenatal appointment. At least my "haven't eaten in forever headache" gone.

Timeline

Hope you get some good news about your GD test Lilac. Glad your headache went away. I still get a kick out of stores actually still accepting checks here, almost unheard of back home.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well it wasn't good news. :(

I am bummed because the results came back that I had four elevated blood sugars. My fasting was 96 when the cut off is 94, then at one hour it was 205 and the cut off was 179, then at at two hours it was 245 when the cut off was 154, then at three hours it was 162 when the cut off was 139. I cried a bunch this afternoon because I hate needles and having to do blood sugar measures several times a day is not something I look forward to.

The ultrasound showed that one baby is head down and the other is breech. Hopefully the breech baby will go back to head down. They are 2 pounds 13oz and 2 pounds 10 oz at 28 weeks which is excellent sizes for twins.

Timeline

Ouch sorry to hear that news lilac :( That's got to be so frustrating. Glad your twins are the right size! If it's any consolation our baby was breech all the way up to 33 weeks and then it flipped in week 33 to head down, so it is possible. I was starting to worry there for awhile.

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

Congrats Marilyn! Your daughter is beautiful.

My baby girl just turned one last weekend. I can't believe it! Fastest year of my life.

Timeline

Happy Birthday to your little one Huggles

Oh lilac I'm paranoid of needles also so I have some idea how you feel. Hopefully they both end up turned down so you can try to avoid a C-section.

I go early tomorrow morning to see the Peri, hope baby cooperates and we get to find out what we are having. I'm trying not to be paranoid but at 40 everything crosses my mind.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Well it wasn't good news. sad.png

I am bummed because the results came back that I had four elevated blood sugars. My fasting was 96 when the cut off is 94, then at one hour it was 205 and the cut off was 179, then at at two hours it was 245 when the cut off was 154, then at three hours it was 162 when the cut off was 139. I cried a bunch this afternoon because I hate needles and having to do blood sugar measures several times a day is not something I look forward to.

The ultrasound showed that one baby is head down and the other is breech. Hopefully the breech baby will go back to head down. They are 2 pounds 13oz and 2 pounds 10 oz at 28 weeks which is excellent sizes for twins.

Sorry hun, i know how you feel. i have to test my sugar 4 times a day, and since diet alone is not enough i have a pill to take at bedtime. The One touch stuff i have is not that bad honestly. The needle assembly is actually adjustable so you can use the smallest setting and the gauge of needles are pretty tiny too so it doesn't hurt too much. My issue atm is that my carpal tunnel and circulation is all screwy so i'm numb / tingly all day long on my hands so i'm more sensitive right now.

Good news is it should go away pretty fast after the babies are born and you wont have to deal with it for much longer.

You still have time for the 2nd babe to switch positions. In fact Caihla only just recently around 33 weeks switched. Sometimes just pushing and prodding can help too i've heard.

Congrats Marilyn! Your daughter is beautiful.

My baby girl just turned one last weekend. I can't believe it! Fastest year of my life.

oh wow already!! Seems like just a couple months ago she was born!

Tomorrow i meet with the pediatrician, and i have my US appointment to find out if they will induce me or let me go 40 weeks. Kinda nervous a bit. so i cleaned the house like mad this weekend and overdid it :(

spent today going to outlet malls for motherhood maternity and carters to get some stuff. saved a bunch of $$$.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

We are having a boy!!!

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Kimbear how did your appointment go? Did you leave with an induction date?

Ontarkie congratulations!!! How exciting!

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

Apparently i mixed up when the ultrasound was, it is next week. Today they did the strep b test, and since its the 2nd time in the last month i have high blood pressure and my edema is alot worse along with a few other things they now want me to do a 24 hour urine test for Pre eclampsia. Next Monday ill find out the results of all of that. UGH and i'm feeling more and more crappy each day along with nausea every morning :(

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Apparently i mixed up when the ultrasound was, it is next week. Today they did the strep b test, and since its the 2nd time in the last month i have high blood pressure and my edema is alot worse along with a few other things they now want me to do a 24 hour urine test for Pre eclampsia. Next Monday ill find out the results of all of that. UGH and i'm feeling more and more crappy each day along with nausea every morning sad.png

OH and i met with a pediatrician today that i thought would be a good fit for us, well for starters they made us wait over a half hour past out appointment time and did not seem very confident. I mean i had to drag answers out of her. So back to the drawing board. This caused me to be 30 mins late for my OB appointment and thats why i rushed over and prolly had the high blood pressure today anyway. UGH...and now i'm feeling crampy and totally blah. Its only 8pm but i'm going to bed.

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.