Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

she already got to spill the beans about us being pregnant. tongue.png a few weeks later I confronted her about that and she said "well you posted it on facebook" Yeah, a few days after we told her and when I already knew she had told everyone. My husband's brother had texted him the very next morning congratulating him.. tongue.png I had wanted to wait to tell people. The only reason we told her first was because I would need her to take me to doctor's appointments as I didn't have a car of my own at the time. I figured I didn't have to tell her not to tell anyone but I guess I was wrong :P

oh and I forbade her from telling her aunt the gender of the baby before I could tell her. Then I hear from my SIL that her aunt had called her and gotten a little mad that my SIL hadn't been the one to tell her.. wacko.png

I have told her that I only want my husband and I in the delivery room and she seemed ok with that..

Yeah she is excited because this is essentially her first niece in a while. We do have 3 other nieces but we get to see them maybe once a year. And we hardly saw them when they were babies..

One good thing about our hospital is that you have to be buzzed into L&D. So we can tell the nurses not to let anyone in if somehow my SIL does find out that we are there. We plan on letting people visit about 2 hours after I give birth. I am kind of hoping I go in the middle of the night so this isn't an issue..

Emily has taken to ramming her butt into my ribs and staying there for awhile. it makes it very hard to breathe ...I keep telling her that if she comes out she will have more room to stretch but she doesn't listen to me. tongue.png

We are kind of hoping she is born tomorrow as it is my husband's Birthday and he thinks it will be cool to share a Birthday with her..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

i've been feeling kind of...antsy like i can't sit still like a kid with ADD or something. Nothing keeps my focus and i'm sure its because i'm getting closer to the end. i'm not in a cleaning mode or anything like that..its just..i dunno lol. i can't watch tv for more than a few mins..play on the computer..nothing...and its driving me nuts lol.

also hubby has been driving me nuts lately, he is ALWAYS on that damn game of his..GRRRR , and i told him i feel like i'm being left out, like hes ignoring me. i mean is it that bad i want him to spend time with me now before the baby is born and we are too exhausted?

I know the feeling. I have been getting increasingly more and more bored.

and ever since I stopped the shots and got my stitch out I feel totally different. I have these major mood swings where one minute I want to strangle my husband and the next I just want to love on him.. It is driving me crazy, my poor husband...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

!@#$*&^%$%$#@@!

Is all i have to say right now about life insurance.

talking to our agent to increase coverage now that baby is soon to be born, and find out about college plans etc. and I find out that once you have GD the group you're in for pricing changes. Since once you have GD you are more likely to become type 2 diabetic i lose my preferred pricing. AND i'm guessing since i'll be 40 in December that's going to affect it as well. So now..i'm ticked off.

Not to mention i told my husband MONTHS ago to stop eating like a pig and stop buying candy bars every chance he gets and to fix his damn cholesterol and guess what? ya he screwed up his pricing too cuz he wont take care of himself and i'm so FREAKING TIRED of him blaming my cooking!! i'm not the one that forces him to eat 3 portions plus 3 desserts etc. i mean JFC i keep telling him to knock it off and he says not to boss him around..well guess what?? I WANT MY HUSBAND AROUND FOR OUR DAUGHTERS GRADUATION MAYBE!!!

I just feel so upset and everything else is driving me nuts..and now i just wanna sit in a corner and cry. :( mebbe i should put this in the vent thread..lol

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Hugs to Kimbear. You are having one of those weeks aren't you!! Hang in there! I know what you mean about the cooking... you can try to make healthy stuff but if someone won't eat it and eats more of the other stuff there's only so much you can do. I worry too. :/

Went for my non stress test today and baby did great again. Next Tuesday is another non-stress test and OB visit for 37 weeks and then Wednesday is our big growth ultrasound where they will decide if they induce or wait longer... crazy. I'm hoping for longer. Got things to get done here (like finish unpacking!)

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

VeeNDee - that's good news, Fingers crossed that you go longer.

Kimbear - I also hate how some ppl will blame everyone else but themselves. For the insurance you may want to explore some other companies just for quotes online just to compare you may just get a better quote to look into. Don't stress you have time.

Marilyn - Monday is so close I can't believe how fast time has gone for you. Fingers crossed you go naturally before then.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

I can't believe how close we all are! It feels like only yesterday we were talking about morning sickness etc. biggrin.png Marilyn, good luck to you!!! Can't wait to see the beautiful pics of baby Emily!!!

VeeNDee, lets hope they let that little one stay in a bit longer. And no stressing about unpacking! your not allowed :P Just do like the guy in BadBoys, rub your ears and Oooosaaaaaaah. lol

Monday i have another appointment, to check my sugars and baby and do the strep B test. I'm not sure if they are going to do another US or what, but then i have to go in every week she said. I think i'm finally getting nervous lol. And i decided to wait a bit on changing our life insurance right now. I'll stress about it later when i can actually stress!

Ontarkie i hope your morning sickness i almost over with. Ironically at the beginning, the only thing i could eat was deep dish pizza or hot dogs. some nuts and dried apricots helped too but that was about it and those meals were very few and far between.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

I am excited, nervous and scared all at the same time... It has just been my husband and I for 8 or 9 years, this will be a big change.

for the first few months all I could stomach was salads and canned fruits with a few other things thrown in there.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

!@#$*&^%$%$#@@!

Is all i have to say right now about life insurance.

talking to our agent to increase coverage now that baby is soon to be born, and find out about college plans etc. and I find out that once you have GD the group you're in for pricing changes. Since once you have GD you are more likely to become type 2 diabetic i lose my preferred pricing. AND i'm guessing since i'll be 40 in December that's going to affect it as well. So now..i'm ticked off.

Not to mention i told my husband MONTHS ago to stop eating like a pig and stop buying candy bars every chance he gets and to fix his damn cholesterol and guess what? ya he screwed up his pricing too cuz he wont take care of himself and i'm so FREAKING TIRED of him blaming my cooking!! i'm not the one that forces him to eat 3 portions plus 3 desserts etc. i mean JFC i keep telling him to knock it off and he says not to boss him around..well guess what?? I WANT MY HUSBAND AROUND FOR OUR DAUGHTERS GRADUATION MAYBE!!!

I just feel so upset and everything else is driving me nuts..and now i just wanna sit in a corner and cry. sad.png mebbe i should put this in the vent thread..lol

You are ALWAYS welcome in the vent thread although it goes by a different name these days.

I’m really sorry to hear about your healthcare issues and hubby not being proactive about his health. I hope for you and baby’s sake that he comes around!

Also a quick Good Wishes for everyone’s upcoming labours!

Edited by hikergirl

OOOO monday for Marilyn! YAY!

Kimbear - you're in an emotional period right now and it's okay to be annoyed. Try to relax. Have a bath with some soothing smells. Try to read. Drink warm milk or some decaf tea. One thing you may want to try doing is just cook less Hard to eat 3 portions when there isn't 3 portions to eat! It's nice to have leftovers but honestly if they're eaten before they make it to the fridge, what's the point? Either that or package up what you want as left overs before you serve the plates. And tell him how you feel. "I want you to be there and I'm worried about you." generally works well IMHO.

Also after the baby is born I want you to pay very close attention to your emotions. Your over emotional state right now makes me worry for you about PPD.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

no, i will be 39 weeks on Monday ... the doctor is not sure how my labour is going to go, he is pretty sure that once I do start going into labour it is going to go quick and he isn't sure if I would make it to the hospital..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Marilyn, how exciting that Emily will be here very soon! Yeah for being dilated half way there already. Hope things go well for you.

Kimbear, hope you can find something to cure you boredom. I hear you on the DH not always taking good care of himself - my DH has high blood pressure and loves salty food just a bit too much. I too want my DH around to watch our babies grow up!

AFM, I used apple cider vinegar (1tsp with a little water before each meal) last week while I was away from home on business. I didn't throw up once! Acid reflux vomiting sucks. Then on Friday I was home again - threw up twice - once after breakfast and once after lunch. I hadn't take zantac on Thursday night like I had the other nights, so it looks like apple cider vinegar by day, zantac by night to keep my vomiting from a squished stomach at bay.

Monday I go for my GD test. Not looking forward to that at all. It is the one hour test and I hope I pass and don't throw up.

Timeline

Good Luck tomorrow Marilyn!!!

Lilac, best thing to do is avoid sugar tonight and tomorrow morning and just eat lots of high protein stuff, like eggs, cheese, greek yogurt etc. Thats what i did and what my doctor told me and it works for alot of people.

Hikiergirl, i'm not worried what so ever about PSD. For one i have a good support system for the most part and great hospital with free PSD meetings and I intend to breastfeed which i was told releases "Happy" chemicals lol. I just love my husband so much and i worry about him. I'd be lost if anything happened to him. He really is my soulmate.

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.