Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have been to my doctor's office at least once a week since April...and lately I have been going twice a week... So they all know me there..

we are using a pack n play by the bed for the first few weeks and then we will move her to the crib..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Which one did you get if you don't mind my asking? I can't decide .. I'm thinking either pack and play or cosleeper. I really like the idea of a cosleeper, but we need a pack and play for when we travel and stay with my parents.... and then I'd have to buy TWO things. But, I heard that cosleeper is so much easier and better for baby as far as positioning than pack and play. But I don't know! Indecision!

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

I like buying baby things that I can use for more then just a short period of time that is why we got the pack N play..

we got this one.. Graco Pack 'n Play Playard- Barlow

http://www.target.com/p/graco-pack-n-play-playard-barlow-brown-green/-/A-13773922?intc=8675309_hl13773922_null&lnk=other_slp_hl_tl_x1y2

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I have been to my doctor's office at least once a week since April...and lately I have been going twice a week... So they all know me there..

we are using a pack n play by the bed for the first few weeks and then we will move her to the crib..

We're doing the same thing, got a pack n play at out shower. I expect for the first two weeks or so ( according to my childbirth instructor) that i wont be moving much at all other than going to the bathroom LOL.

This is the one we got: http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Playard-Reversible-Napper-Changer/dp/B005UV0UCM/ref=sr_1_3_m?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1379210331&sr=1-3&keywords=pack+n+play+bassinet+napper

It took me 2 hours almost to freakign assemble the thing myself..but its made to easily disassemble and go anywhere. I really like the napper / changer station and the bassinet part. The only bad thing is between the dogs beds x 3, out queen bed, furniture and now that we have almost no room to move around! lol.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Thanks for the advice you two. Kimbear I ended up getting the exact same pack and play with the bassinet /changer thingey on it that you got, so thanks for the link! Ha, more stuff for my husband to assemble. We may still go co-sleeper but right now we're good to go then. My next pondering is whether or not to get a baby swing for during the day. Is that even something you use at first? I'm thinking for putting the baby in while cooking or something

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

Our firends lent us this swing: http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Cradle-Swing-Little-Snugabunny/dp/B0042D69WY

its one of the very few that has an ac adapter and does NOT require batteries. I've heard its very useful for a fussy baby , but i don't think i'd let them sleep the whole night in it. they also lent us one of those bouncer chairs. They are good if you need to do dishes make supper etc i guess.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Kimbear I have almost the exact same swing. They are great I had one with my older kids also, none slept in it at nights except for Alexis it was the only way I could put her down. She had really bad acid reflux right from birth and none of my nurses or the doctors would take me serious that something was wrong till she was 6 weeks old. I tell you those six weeks were a nightmare.

VeeNDee, I'm sick pretty much all day still but it is less and less, I just need to get over this last little bit.

We actually bed share, now if you have room and want to do the co sleeper you can set up your crib as a co sleeper. Google has many links on how to do it. I'm doing that with the new little one as Alexis is still in our bed, and it will keep me between the two so no accidents.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The last week or so I've been feeling this pressure in my abdomen, often pushing on my bladder. I don't know if that's the baby moving or what, I keep hearing what it's supposed to feel like, but haven't really felt anything? I know the baby IS moving as I saw it moving a week ago! I'm excited to find out the gender in a couple of weeks.

Hubby's mom and dad bought us a car as we were borrowing one of their two-seater vans. It's pretty exciting. We're living in the Maryland in the DC area and I drove today! I hated driving the big van, but I'm excited to have a real car! They bought it for us for the baby. We've been so blessed to have them help us out so much during this huge period of transition, helping with rent and groceries too. I've never really experienced that kind of generosity before.

Had my first brush with "in-laws" negativity though. Hubby's aunt decided to tell him she wasn't very happy when she found out I was pregnant as we didn't have health insurance. Well, do you think we were expecting it?! I'm 39 years old, I was NOT expecting to get pregnant after only a month! But, what happens, happens! We've been paying out of pocket for my pre-natal care too, so what's it to her?! Anyway, I guess someone in the family has to be a busy-body!

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Timeline

Jen- That is some great in-laws you have. It's so nice when you have support.

As for abdominal pressure and baby pushing on bladder is going to be your new normal :P I can't remember how far along you are but if you are getting close to finding out gender I think we are close enough in dates. So don't worry about movement just yet baby has a lot of room to move without you knowing.

Busy-body Aunt laws can be a pain in the rear, I have one too. She is at least a decent person when she's not telling me what I should and shouldn't do. Thank goodness she doesn't do it often.

Marilyn- how are you holding up? Is that little girl of yours still baking?

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

yeah she is... I think she likes it in there. or she likes kicking mommy in the ribs :P

the doc told me yesterday that they are going to probably induce me next week if I don't go naturally before then..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

so I am not sure if i mentioned it but for the last week or so my SIL texts me every day asking how I am doing. I made the mistake of telling her I am already dilated. Yesterday she texted me and said, "call me when you do go to the hospital" i didn't respond to her though. We don't plan on calling her. We will call my parents and that is it. If I call her she will show up with her kids and she will call everyone..

I have not told her that I am probably going to be induced next week. She is a bit of a gossip so even if I told her not to she would probably tell everyone.. She asked if I wanted her to come to my appointment tomorrow and I said no because I know the doctor will be discussing the induction. I feel bad but this is the only way it works with her... :P

For some strange reason I feel like it is our place to tell people :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

yeah she is... I think she likes it in there. or she likes kicking mommy in the ribs tongue.png

the doc told me yesterday that they are going to probably induce me next week if I don't go naturally before then..

Tell me about kicking in the ribs..OMG i don't know what's gotten into the baby! i mean yes i know shes running out of room but good grief...you can see her trying to push out of my tummy and sometimes it HURTS. Even David is shocked by how much she is doing it. usually its on my right side, but sometimes she stretches and its like i have feet trying to come out the left of me and her head on the right. and pushing back doesn't help it just makes her do it more lol.

Oh marilyn, i'm so excited for you!!!

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

But Marilyn how can you take all the fun away from her :P

My husbands family is similar, I told my husband no one will be in the room when I go into labour. He did call his parents just before I had her, and they stilled showed up but never did get to come in, they went off to work.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

so I am not sure if i mentioned it but for the last week or so my SIL texts me every day asking how I am doing. I made the mistake of telling her I am already dilated. Yesterday she texted me and said, "call me when you do go to the hospital" i didn't respond to her though. We don't plan on calling her. We will call my parents and that is it. If I call her she will show up with her kids and she will call everyone..

I have not told her that I am probably going to be induced next week. She is a bit of a gossip so even if I told her not to she would probably tell everyone.. She asked if I wanted her to come to my appointment tomorrow and I said no because I know the doctor will be discussing the induction. I feel bad but this is the only way it works with her... tongue.png

For some strange reason I feel like it is our place to tell people tongue.png

It IS your place to tell people, not hers. I get she's excited for you and all but jeez lol its your baby not hers! the last thing you need is her and her entourage during LND. :P

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

i've been feeling kind of...antsy like i can't sit still like a kid with ADD or something. Nothing keeps my focus and i'm sure its because i'm getting closer to the end. i'm not in a cleaning mode or anything like that..its just..i dunno lol. i can't watch tv for more than a few mins..play on the computer..nothing...and its driving me nuts lol.

also hubby has been driving me nuts lately, he is ALWAYS on that damn game of his..GRRRR , and i told him i feel like i'm being left out, like hes ignoring me. i mean is it that bad i want him to spend time with me now before the baby is born and we are too exhausted?

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.