Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You might ask if you can try the A1C test. It measures what the average blood glucose readings over the last 60 to 90 days are and if they are elevated that is a definite indication of diabetes. If they are normal then you haven't had problems with abnormal blood glucose levels yet, although you may still end up with gestational diabetes later on http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/treatment-and-care/blood-glucose-control/a1c/ .

You can ask if you can borrow a glucometer for a week and then take blood glucose readings yourself when you get up in the morning, before and 2 hours after each meal and before you go to bed. That will definitely give a much better idea if you are having any sort of blood glucose problems. You may have to pay for the test strips which aren't cheap but I would think this is actually a much better indicator of whether or not you have gestational diabetes than the glucose drink - and much healthier, although it does take more investment of your time and active participation.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

(((kimbear))) on the glucose test retest, the crushed crib, and on the family drama.

Marilyn, I hope your baby shower went great yesterday.

VeeNDee, sorry that the crib buying fell through. How annoying! If you are going to sell something, sell it, don't hang onto it forever or post it for sale.

AFM, my SIL finally has her K-1 visa interview in October. They applied last November. It is the Wednesday before Canadian Thanksgiving. She wants DH and me to come up for Thanksgiving in October and meet her fiancee in Ontario. The fiancee is from Missouri. Once she has her visa in hand, she and her fiancee are driving her car and belongings to Missouri and likely have to pass our home since our city is right off of I-94 in Michigan, a couple of hours from Sarnia or Detroit depending on which she activates her visa at. I just shake my head that she would even ask for me to come - especially since I will be 7 months pregnant with twins. I have already had to tell my brother I won't make it to his wedding in Sept. since the Dr. told me months ago that she discourages travel after I am 6 months pregnant for fear of pre-term labor. DH was all like "we will see how lilac feels when the time comes." I would love to meet my SIL fiancee' but just stop in for a meal on the way to Missouri if you are in such a hurry and can't stay for a night.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

the shower went pretty good. My SIL did a great job decorating. It was super cute. We got a lot of gifts. 90% clothes..lol We did get a lot of the big stuff we need. The main thing we need now is the car seat. Only a handful of people actually bought stuff off my registry. I am very grateful for what I got but I felt kind of bummed because I put a lot of work into my registries..

The only downside was that there were too many games. And my back was killing me. I finally had to go sit in the living room on the couch all by myself. No one seemed to miss me much though.. :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I think right now the stress of this week probably screwed me up. Also i found out from the hospital i fasted way to long, i only had to do it for 8-10 hours. by the time i had the test start it had been 13 and was on hour 16 when i puked. :(

at least i have some good news, my initial hemoglobin test was low so they drew more blood to test my blood cell count etc, and it was normal YAY :) So i'm not anemic at all. Also my replacement crib came early today instead of Wednesday and WOOHOO for a brand new box and zero damage to the items! this one was packed so much better. I think not having a crib yet was stressing me out big time, cuz i really want to just get the room organized and be done with it so the dogs have time to snif and be nosy etc.

So i'm thinking if i only fast the 8 hours or so, i should be ok for my test on Sunday. I'm going to ask hubby to let me sleep as long as possible that morning, meaning he can take care of the dogs feed them make his coffee etc, so i wont be awake as long which may help too.

One thing that has been bothering me, is my sight is getting screwed up, well i dunno how to put it, the clumsiness is worse, and i seem t have depth perception issues. Like today i went to put dishes away in the cupboard and i hit the glass against the shelf above where i was putting it so it almost smashed in my hands, walking up the stairs i somehow managed to put my hand into the metal tines of the banister rather then putting my hand on top of it, and today i knocked over hubbys drink when i went to get a paper towel. Its like i have no idea how close / far from things i am and this week this started and is driving me nuts. I'm afraid to drive now after this. :( IS anyone else having these weird things happening?

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

the shower went pretty good. My SIL did a great job decorating. It was super cute. We got a lot of gifts. 90% clothes..lol We did get a lot of the big stuff we need. The main thing we need now is the car seat. Only a handful of people actually bought stuff off my registry. I am very grateful for what I got but I felt kind of bummed because I put a lot of work into my registries..

The only downside was that there were too many games. And my back was killing me. I finally had to go sit in the living room on the couch all by myself. No one seemed to miss me much though.. tongue.png

Aww i'm glad you had fun. I'm nervous about the games at mine lol. I've never been a party person game person in that way and i get embarrassed easily lol. Getting clothes is great but when most of it is stuff the baby will outgrow soon it kinda sucks. I know how you feel. My back has been killing me lately even if i do light vacuuming or do some laundry. it feels like my back wants to lock up and i can't straighten it. We still have yet to buy a car seat, i think i foudn the one i want, and one of the stores actually had it in stock, i'm just waiting since its a combo seat / stroller one from Graco, and is about 200$ OUCH :(

(((kimbear))) on the glucose test retest, the crushed crib, and on the family drama.

Marilyn, I hope your baby shower went great yesterday.

VeeNDee, sorry that the crib buying fell through. How annoying! If you are going to sell something, sell it, don't hang onto it forever or post it for sale.

AFM, my SIL finally has her K-1 visa interview in October. They applied last November. It is the Wednesday before Canadian Thanksgiving. She wants DH and me to come up for Thanksgiving in October and meet her fiancee in Ontario. The fiancee is from Missouri. Once she has her visa in hand, she and her fiancee are driving her car and belongings to Missouri and likely have to pass our home since our city is right off of I-94 in Michigan, a couple of hours from Sarnia or Detroit depending on which she activates her visa at. I just shake my head that she would even ask for me to come - especially since I will be 7 months pregnant with twins. I have already had to tell my brother I won't make it to his wedding in Sept. since the Dr. told me months ago that she discourages travel after I am 6 months pregnant for fear of pre-term labor. DH was all like "we will see how lilac feels when the time comes." I would love to meet my SIL fiancee' but just stop in for a meal on the way to Missouri if you are in such a hurry and can't stay for a night.

IMO tell them to stop in on their trip. I would not expect anyone after 6 months let alone you with twins to travel anywhere! Good grief, i mean after all you went thought to have these little miracles i would not temp fate whatsoever.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

You might ask if you can try the A1C test. It measures what the average blood glucose readings over the last 60 to 90 days are and if they are elevated that is a definite indication of diabetes. If they are normal then you haven't had problems with abnormal blood glucose levels yet, although you may still end up with gestational diabetes later on http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/treatment-and-care/blood-glucose-control/a1c/ .

You can ask if you can borrow a glucometer for a week and then take blood glucose readings yourself when you get up in the morning, before and 2 hours after each meal and before you go to bed. That will definitely give a much better idea if you are having any sort of blood glucose problems. You may have to pay for the test strips which aren't cheap but I would think this is actually a much better indicator of whether or not you have gestational diabetes than the glucose drink - and much healthier, although it does take more investment of your time and active participation.

I'm going to see how this next test goes now that i know i fasted too long, but i will definitely ask my doctor about alternatives for sure if i fail this one as well. Right now I've cut out sugar completely just in case, aside form one tsp in my morning decaf, and i'm going to buy splenda if i want to bake etc. to be honest hubby could use less sugar in his diet as well. :)

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Kimbear I was reading your post and thought it needed a little button like Babycenter forums that says 'hug' on the side. It's hard being in an area where people never bother to respond and treat you with respect... people tell me it takes time to make friends, but it's time like right now when we NEED them.

Ya know.. i never really was a people person even back home. I was picked on teased etc throughout elementary and high school, mostly in part due to moving around so much every 6 months or so. I was more into books then i was other kids. I'm still kind of like that but its hard for me to make friends as i'm very opinionated, i'm cynical, pessimistic etc. I have no idea the meaning of the word tact. I don't see the point in beating around the bush, i just come out and say stuff, and it a quality not alot of people like. i figure life is short enough as is lol.

one of my friends invited me to a mommy FB page, and sure enough not even joined for 2 days and i wanna scream at people and tell them how stupid and immature they are for various things. but i can't do that since the one person who is really annoying me is my hubby's best friends wife. le sigh. i'm almost 40, although I've tempered my self since we got married, i can't completely change or cut this part out of me. I blame my Scottish heritage from my father who emigrated to Canada right before i was born :P

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

my husband's aunt got us a tonne of newborn outfits. they are super cute but she will probably only wear them once..

I felt like I should have interacted with people more but I feel kind of shy and awkward around big groups of people..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

we got a great deal on a car seat today. We were at Target and we found one we really liked. It was marked at $190. When my husband put the box in the cart I noticed a sticker on the box. It said "repackage price of $133" :o

http://www.target.com/p/safety-1st-advance-70-air-carseat/-/A-14529789#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=safety+1st+advance+70

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

That's a good deal on a car seat. We like our safety first car seat, not the same style/model but close.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

I think right now the stress of this week probably screwed me up. Also i found out from the hospital i fasted way to long, i only had to do it for 8-10 hours. by the time i had the test start it had been 13 and was on hour 16 when i puked. sad.png

at least i have some good news, my initial hemoglobin test was low so they drew more blood to test my blood cell count etc, and it was normal YAY smile.png So i'm not anemic at all. Also my replacement crib came early today instead of Wednesday and WOOHOO for a brand new box and zero damage to the items! this one was packed so much better. I think not having a crib yet was stressing me out big time, cuz i really want to just get the room organized and be done with it so the dogs have time to snif and be nosy etc.

So i'm thinking if i only fast the 8 hours or so, i should be ok for my test on Sunday. I'm going to ask hubby to let me sleep as long as possible that morning, meaning he can take care of the dogs feed them make his coffee etc, so i wont be awake as long which may help too.

One thing that has been bothering me, is my sight is getting screwed up, well i dunno how to put it, the clumsiness is worse, and i seem t have depth perception issues. Like today i went to put dishes away in the cupboard and i hit the glass against the shelf above where i was putting it so it almost smashed in my hands, walking up the stairs i somehow managed to put my hand into the metal tines of the banister rather then putting my hand on top of it, and today i knocked over hubbys drink when i went to get a paper towel. Its like i have no idea how close / far from things i am and this week this started and is driving me nuts. I'm afraid to drive now after this. sad.png IS anyone else having these weird things happening?

I was having some issues (not pregnant though) with dizziness and depth perception a little while back. One thing I read was to keep hydrated and try not to drink too much at once. The fluid fluctuations can cause issues. It’s something little to try that may help.

Timeline

the centerpieces. I am sad because I didn't get one..

1004674_10151823803657359_1233620053_n.j

the cupcake table.. I made the ones with the onsie and the heart decorations. the others were made by my nephew's friend's sister
1095081_10151823804457359_417191599_n.jp

1009873_10151823804137359_166511324_n.jp

my husband and I
1003044_10151823856052359_873499803_n.jp

1148771_593092250734756_721781390_n.jpg

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I ordered most of the baby stuff I needed today and only spent $30 of our own money.

I really only need the high chair and I want to get an activity gym mat that i saw at Walmart but those are things I don't need right aways..

Oh I think I need some more onsies and sleepers too. But I am going to check out the thrift stores for those things. Although I do still have a $40 gift card for Sears..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I find it odd that my parents haven't said anything about buying something for the baby. They could possibly be waiting until they get here but I was expecting them to say something like "don't buy that because we want to"

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Marilyn that party looks beautiful! Not to mention tasty, haha. Glad you had a good time :) Love that your husband got a pink frilly tie. rofl.gif Looks like he was totally a good sport! The outside table setup made me think of Alice in Wonderland's tea party for some reason.

The moving issue for me continues... we found out a lot of my husband's friends have a wedding to go to on our moving day, and our church is planning some type of shindig/barbeque that day, so it is looking like it might be dicey on the moving help front. I guess we'll see as time gets closer. My parents are coming but they are older (late 60s), and my husband's parents but they can't lift heavy things. His sisters have been a no show at his past moves so doubt they or their boyfriends will show up. Guess we'll just have to figure this out somehow. So far we have one couple coming to help. So, hey, it's a start!

My hips have been killing me lately. I have rheumatoid arthritis and some hip pain in general, but I think this is baby hip pain. The reason why is because it's on the OUTSIDE of my hip, not inside near the joint. It is hard to lie on my sides because it hurts and I limp around on my errands. Stairs are even becoming an issue. I am not sure what to do.

Not sure if it's better to rest and hope it goes away or to try to 'walk it out'... I guess I should make an appointment at some point. Just keep hoping it will go away!!!!

One more week until our ultrasound to check the placenta. I hope it's moved away safely so I won't need a C-section, but I'm most excited about the chance to see our baby again :) :) :) I can't even imagine how much bigger the baby is compared to the 20 week ultrasound we saw. Definitely feels a lot stronger with the kicks. My whole stomach jerks around visibly sometimes. Crazy feeling. Kind of leaves me stunned sometimes, like...I can't believe there is a baby in there haha.

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.