The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have gotten used to it.. I always add some real cheese to my mac and cheese that helps a lot...

and I have found inexpensive ketchup that doesn't have HFCS in it.. :dance:

if you live in the Cali area it is the Fresh and Easy store brand ketchup...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Good to know.

HFCS just bothers me for some reason. The taste is weird.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I think you're all crazy. :P I've never noticed a difference.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to get some Canadian mac and cheese and bring it home to the Americans so we can compare :P

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

the cheese powder stuff even looks different.. the American stuff is very orange ... and the Canadian stuff is kind of really pale looking orange colour

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Yeah...I'd seriously consider bringing a Costco pack of ketchup and a case quantity of Kraft Dinner down with me if I wasn't driving!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

And all this time, I thought I'd just stopped like mac and cheese so much. Now that I think about it, I stopped enjoying Mac and cheese like I used to pretty soon after I moved down here. This is definitely something different, and not in a good way :angry:

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Yes, they do know, but I haven't given them an exact date as I am honestly not sure when we'll leave.

Also -- I wanted to add that there would be very minimal training for the new position, as it is only a bit more responsibility (we're short staffed so I have been doing this job for the most part anyway).

I think this point is important. You've been doing this for the most part for some time - with no compensation I assume? They know you are leaving, so it won't be a gigantic surprise when you do resign.

Good morning. Had the internet only on and off most of yesterday. They seemed to be working in the area so that might have meant a disruption, but you'd think if that was the case they'd let people know. If I was running a home based business or doing computer work at home, it would have been a disastrous day! But it seems to be okay today, so I'll just enjoy it for what it is.

Enjoy YOUR day!

p567696191_o.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

Mmmmm, Timmies. Thanks, Carla. :luv:

I'm actually partial to Wustof knives.

I have a Soduko knife I bought made by Wustof, and absolutely love it.

Oh, I've never heard of them. I'll have to take a look the next time I'm knife shopping.

When we buy a house, a set of Wustof knives and a KitchenAid mixer (in Cobalt Blue!) will be my first housewarming gifts to myself :D

OMG, I LUST after a new KitchenAid! I'll probably go silver. I used to have one that I won in a game show. lol. It got wrecked in one of my moves, though. :cry:

combat knife.

:(

There's such a thing as the perfect kitchen?? :blink: Well then..I need to start working on that... :lol:

*Then move to the perfect dining room....perfect living room...perfect back yard.......*

That's right. You've got the hang of it! :lol:

Yes, they do know, but I haven't given them an exact date as I am honestly not sure when we'll leave.

Also -- I wanted to add that there would be very minimal training for the new position, as it is only a bit more responsibility (we're short staffed so I have been doing this job for the most part anyway).

Given those circumstances, I'd take it.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yay for coffee

and i guess krikit doesn't like combat knives.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tonight is the world fair at my sons school where he volunteered me to make nanaimo bars.

Luckily my mom went out and bought me a bunch of packs of nanaimo bars and overnighted them to me.

I got them yesterday just in time. I cut them all out and put them in little baking cups with toothpicks with Canadian flags on them. :lol:

Our secret. :)

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.