The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Good morning, friends. :) It's been a busy time. Still homeless. Put an offer in on a house we loved but someone else had a stronger offer. :cry: Worked on it into the wee hours trying to get it through...... which is really hard to do when you live in a hotel. <_< Oh well. Time to regroup and rethink. Better things to come. Only have time for the one post as I am getting ready to meet with the realtor to start my search again. :( Hubby is out of town for the week, ergo the "I". <_< Hope everyone is well. (F)

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Come to Centreville Chiquita...we like it here

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Guess the house wasn't meant to be, and the "one" is still out there somewhere!! When my wife returns in Mid-June from her work trip, we will most likely be back in the full swing of buying a house. I casually look now, but not really! no way in hell i would buy a house without her input, even though she said I could,lol Then i would just be blamed for everything that went wrong,lol Plus there is no fun looking at places by ones-self. I strongly believe that one knows it is the "one" in about the first few minutes of walking into the house!! I know thats the way it was for me in the past!! Funny I never got that sense when we bought this condo and have regretted it ever since,lol oh well! So looking fwd to a house/yard!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Good morning everyone, sorry about the house hunt krikit.

I spent all weekend painting at the new place, it's times like this I am so relieved I work Tuesdays to Fridays because I really need today off, I'm just beat. I have a class at 5:30 today so I am trying to take it easy until then.

Need more coffeeeee.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Aww Krikit!! Hope you find your dream home soon! When i was house hunting in 2000, it took me from june to september and then til december to hagle over issues and get the place. Was a long wait but it was soooo worth it!

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Good luck with the house hunting Krikit.

Our house hunting was left until the last minute so we had a whirlwind of only a few nights of viewings. We walked into the "one", my husband turned to the realtor and said "this is the house we are buying!" but after going back and forth with multiple offers and counter offers it all fell through. His condo was sold, mine was closing in a month and we had no new house to move into! In the end we bought a house my husband had seen on his own prior to my move; I went in with the realtor, liked it, my husband put in the offer without even coming back to see the house. To our surprise, our offer was accepted even though there were two other offers. After it went through my husband's comment was - "Remind me again what that one looked like." :lol:

In the end you will get the house you were meant to have and all will be fine!

Edited by OBX

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Sorry about the house Krikit. It can be heartbreaking once you get your mind set on something and start envisioning your new life there (at least that's what I do.. lol get ahead of myself a bit). Flames is right though. It just means that the 'one' is still out there.

In other news... my hamster died today. :crying: He was just old. We had actually taken to calling him Stinky/Silly Old Man. lol I'm sad. He even moved with us on our cross country drive from Canada. Sigh. We buried him under the apricot tree in my in-law's garden.

His name was Chipper.

12319_420143807109_508722109_5923371_6970422_n.jpg

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

Aww, I'm sorry about Chipper, Ashen. It's hard to lose a four footed member of the family. It sounds like he had a good, long life with you. (F)Rest in Peace, Chipper

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so I was doing the laundry today and usually I got through all the pockets but I forgot to check a few pairs today,, anyways I was pulling my jeans out of the dryer when I noticed something strange in the pocket.. it was a credit card..lol so it went thought the wash and the dryer..lol

it doesn't look damaged or anything... I wonder if it would still work.. although I mainly use the credit card for online purchases..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Aw, what a cute hamster.

RIP Chipper.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

Sorry to hear about the house Krikit! If it makes you feel any better, Bill and I went through the same thing when we were house hunting. We loved a place and decided we wanted to put in an offer, only to find that they accepted an offer from someone else only hours before. We decided that was a sign it wasn't meant for us and walked away instead of getting into a bidding war. The next weekend we went looking at some places and found the house we're living in now. It's definitely a better place for us! So, things happen for a reason. You're meant to find something you love even more!

Sorry to hear about Chipper ashen :(

How old was he? Was he a lover or a bitter? :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

12319_420143807109_508722109_5923371_6970422_n.jpg

(F) losing a pet is always difficult.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Thanks guys (L)

Chipper was about 2 and a 1/2 yrs old. I got him in Nov. of '07. He was a lover of peanuts, cashews and lettuce, and paper towels and kleenex. lol He only really bit me hard once, and that's when we were trying to get masking tape out of his fur in January... :lol: We had used it to hold up his water bottle in our makeshift travel box during our road trip and it didn't work so well.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so I am back on antibiotics.. joy oh bliss.. :dead:

and I have a renal US scheduled for Thursday... my side has been bugging the heck out of me for awhile now... the doctor was hesitant at first because he said I just had an abdominal US a few months ago but I told him it started bothering me after the US so he gave me the ok for another one...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.