The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so i think the antibiotics are helping my kidney infection... but the down side is they are making me feel nauseous... :wacko: and I do take them with food...

I was reading up remedies and people suggested taking them with milk but I am lactose intolerant.. others suggested drinking ginger or peppermint tea but then I found out that it is not good to drink that when you have gallstones... :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

How were the cherry blossoms, darkechilde? We went to the inlaws in NC for the weekend and the traffic going into Washington was craziness.

Wow, another earthquake.

That one was really weird. At first I thought my head was spinning then my mom in law was like "Stephanie, earthquake!"

It lasted a good 10 seconds.

That was a bit freaky.

On Saturday night the birds chattered all night. I actually had to look at the clock when I went to bed because I thought it was dawn. lol. The next morning my SIL was talking about it and I said "They were probably discussing an upcoming earthquake and we don't know about it because we don't talk 'bird'." So last night, right after we arrived back in town, my SIL calls and says to my husband "Tell Krikit no more earthquake predictions." So he hangs up the phone and tells me and I'm like "Was there an earthquake or something?" He says "I don't know. She just told me to tell you that and then we hung up." Men. Honest to God. Sometimes my husband drives me batty. lol

so i think the antibiotics are helping my kidney infection... but the down side is they are making me feel nauseous... wacko.gif and I do take them with food...

I was reading up remedies and people suggested taking them with milk but I am lactose intolerant.. others suggested drinking ginger or peppermint tea but then I found out that it is not good to drink that when you have gallstones... unsure.gif

They have lactose-free milk if that's any help, Marilyn. Hope you're feeling better soon.

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm having a hard time picking movies to add to my queue... I've never been a big movie watcher, but I'm trying to get into it now. It's really hard staring at a list of movies to really know what you might be interested in when you've never even heard of 3/4 of them! And if I let Bill pick sometimes the results are disastrous. Last night we watched Superbad... The name really says it all. :lol:

If they hadn't taken it away, I would have given you a minus for that. I would have then proceeded to make 4 or 5 more accounts and given you even more negatives. :lol: Superbad is a funny movie. You should just let Bill pick all the movies. :P

As to movie suggestions, I'll make two off the wall suggestions. Something that you probably would pass, but are great movies and will make you think: Trainspotting and Run Lola Run. Unfortunately, both are foreign films and require a bit of reading.

I agree with Rob's suggestions -- both are good movies. I don't remember any subtitles in Trainspotting though...just a lot of "shite" and "wanker". :P

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If they hadn't taken it away, I would have given you a minus for that. I would have then proceeded to make 4 or 5 more accounts and given you even more negatives. :lol: Superbad is a funny movie. You should just let Bill pick all the movies. :P

As to movie suggestions, I'll make two off the wall suggestions. Something that you probably would pass, but are great movies and will make you think: Trainspotting and Run Lola Run. Unfortunately, both are foreign films and require a bit of reading.

Bring it on Rob :P

I mean, it had some funny parts, but overall I found it pretty bad. The only parts that really made me laugh were the scenes with the cops and McLovin.

I've seen Run Lola Run, I'd agree with you there, it's a good movie. I've never seen Trainspotting however, I'll look it up.

So, I just ran over a HUGE tumbleweed on the exit ramp getting off I-25. Seriously, huge. I was also still going 60+ when I hit it, and couldn't exactly swerve to avoid it. So now my husband's car has tumbleweed bits sticking out of the grill and he's probably going to have a miniature fit... I can't even pull them out! They're stuck! :wacko:

it looks like the hubster will be starting day shift next week :dance:

Congratulations!

My dad had to go back to shift work, so he works nights for 2 weeks then days for 2 weeks. My mom isn't very thrilled over it.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hmmm, my post, it disappeared! But I loved Superbad and all the Wes Anderson movies -- i thought that they all rocked! I especially loved Rushmore...

:D

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My dad has worked steady nights for 10 years and he loves it. He's a night owl though, he wouldn't be able to get up and do an 8-5, he'd be late everyday. My mom on the other hand absolutely hates it!

Congrats Marilyn!

Speaking of jobs, I have another interview tomorrow. I'm still waiting to hear from that other job, but It's definitely good to explore my options right? :)

it looks like the hubster will be starting day shift next week :dance:

Yay Marilyn!! :dance:

Speaking of jobs, I have another interview tomorrow. I'm still waiting to hear from that other job, but It's definitely good to explore my options right? :)

Hey cool!! Hope it all goes well for you. Maybe it will look more promising than the one you're waiting to hear on. I agree with you, good to explore all your options. I remember once turning down an interview for working at a hotel, ( cleaning rooms, etc) because I had just gotten a job as a waitress. That was silly of me. I ended up NOT liking the job and was stuck doing it for 3 years! ( ummmm it was at the Canadian style of Walmart, that starts with a Z...) :whistle: I may not have liked the hotel room job, but at least I wouldn't have had to put up with some of the customers I had!! :lol:

Edited by TimandJoyce

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Two very good movies. I especially enjoyed Run Lola Run.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Krikit -- the tidal basin where the cherry blossoms were planted was beautiful. It was a sea of pink trees :) And a sea of tourists :P I really had fun, but it was crowded, I dont think I will want to go back unless it is on a weekday :P It is definitely worth visiting if you have not done that... but I wont suggest doing it at 4 pm on a Saturday when it is 28 degrees out :P And dont wear flip flops! LOL!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Krikit -- the tidal basin where the cherry blossoms were planted was beautiful. It was a sea of pink trees :) And a sea of tourists :P I really had fun, but it was crowded, I dont think I will want to go back unless it is on a weekday :P It is definitely worth visiting if you have not done that... but I wont suggest doing it at 4 pm on a Saturday when it is 28 degrees out :P And dont wear flip flops! LOL!

I got caught driving through it THREE TIMES. :angry: Seriously...tourists are great for the economy etc., but damn they can be oblivious sometimes! There were packs of them crossing intersections when they had a red light...some that were walking down the street, BESIDE the sidewalk, basically turning the street into one lane. Sheesh! They're trees, dammit!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I got caught driving through it THREE TIMES. :angry: Seriously...tourists are great for the economy etc., but damn they can be oblivious sometimes! There were packs of them crossing intersections when they had a red light...some that were walking down the street, BESIDE the sidewalk, basically turning the street into one lane. Sheesh! They're trees, dammit!

Excuse me Wyatt, but they are PINK trees. Hehehehe. I wanted to see them because they were pink basically. But after battling people who don't know how to cross the street, I think I am done with them (cherry blossom) for a while :P

I think it doesnt help that the museums and other tourist spots are in the area too, so everyone walks to those places. The Smithsonian station was PACKED.

And as Wyatt said, driving condition is horrible at best with the festival -- taking the Metro sucks (it is soo dirty and SLOOOW) but it will probably minimize headaches!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.