The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeah, I think I'd throw myself off a bridge before I resorted to Pokemon.

No offense to Pokemon lovers of course...it's just SO contrary to the rest of me!

I don't think pokemon is really the game that you need to worry about getting addicted to, i'm just saying. :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I was at Wegman's today, was getting some lunch meat from their deli, and saw they had Canadian Bacon made by Hartmann's (?)

It was bigger in size than some of the other brands I've seen, so I got 1/2lb for dinner.

It was actually very good!

Of course, when I ordered it, I asked for Back Bacon and got a funny look :D

And if anyone is near the DC area and wants poutine, try Jimmy's Old Tavern in old town Herndon.

Just ask for extra gravy and cheese (they actually use curds). It's sooooo good :D :D

Well yay - we're super close...we'll have to go

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Good morning all, thanks for the coffee Carla!

Well today I start looking for accomodation (read: I do not want to live on the street).

We basically have 3 weeks to find some place to live. I suspect they would let us continue to rent here month to month - well I mean they offer it (for an additional $100 a month), I just don't know how kindly the building manager feels towards us :lol:

That's pressure! Hope something comes up for you.

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I bought a DS last week, as mentioned elsewhere...and the first game I bought for it was Civilization Revolution. I've gotten through it twice now, and I have to admit that I felt a little surge of impish glee when I was playing as Gandhi and sending masses of tanks rampaging through German, Mongolian, French and Roman ranks. :P

"So, my friends, the time for Indian passive resistance has come and gone. Now let loose the dogs of war!"

Oh! Sounds fun! I have one of the original polar white DS's. I got it the first week they came out, so basically I paid to much money for it. I have a million games but I'm bored with them... I think I'll check that out. Bill has something like that for the computer he really likes, I wonder if its the same thing.

Good morning all, thanks for the coffee Carla!

Well today I start looking for accomodation (read: I do not want to live on the street).

We basically have 3 weeks to find some place to live. I suspect they would let us continue to rent here month to month - well I mean they offer it (for an additional $100 a month), I just don't know how kindly the building manager feels towards us :lol:

Oh and they are desperately looking for a new maintenance person here, if anyone is looking for a job in Calgary!

Yikes trailmix, sounds like we're in a similar position! We aren't going to be kicked out of our place, but if we don't move by the first weekend of February Bill (and probably me!) are in for a 2+ hour commute each day. I'm definitely not looking forward to that... Its an hour each way without traffic, add in rush hour its at least 1 and a half, add in the fact his shop is as the southern tip of the metro, you're now pushing 2 hours each way, so four hours of driving every day. Imagine the gas money :blink:

$100 extra a month? That sucks!! :wacko:

I was just thinking today, I haven't seen Krikit on here in a while... and there she be :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So my aunt and uncle came up this past Friday night to say goodbye and get some stuff that I was giving her (bbq, propane tank (empty), some plastic drawer units (4), books, and a few other things). She emailed me today and told me that the border guards gave them a huge hassle! They even pulled them into secondary and searched their car. I did give her a letter saying that I was giving them these items and that I was a USC living in Canada, that I signed and put my passport number on so they could look me up.

How ridiculous. Apparently one of the guards said to them that they shouldn't be bringing over 3rd party goods and that I should be bringing my own belongings over. :lol:

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Well yay - we're super close...we'll have to go

We've gone quite a few times.

The owners are originally from the Buffalo area, so lots of Bills, Sabres stuff around :lol:

But, I was very surprised to see actual curds and not just cheddar cheese.

I was almost tempted to ask the kitchen where they get them from :lol:

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: Other Timeline

Btw....One Canadian Word: Smarties!

Oh how I miss thy food......

Will have to stock up on more (even though I have a whole fridge crisper full....lol...) next time I'm in Canada.....

Oh and everyone...

Great to read all your engagement stories! :thumbs:

Thanks for sharing them here on vj!

Awww....(L) indeed!

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Other Timeline

The owners are originally from the Buffalo area, so lots of Bills, Sabres stuff around :lol:

Lol...Go Bills and Sabres go! (sorry, my husband is a Bills fan even though I'm not and couldn't care less about sports...lol...)

Hmmm....I wonder if it is Cuba brand cheese and/or Friendship brand cheese....(it's a local thing...)

Cheese and Bills....Now you got me curious about this supermarket....lol...(btw..where is it?)....

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Lol...Go Bills and Sabres go! (sorry, my husband is a Bills fan even though I'm not and couldn't care less about sports...lol...)

Hmmm....I wonder if it is Cuba brand cheese and/or Friendship brand cheese....(it's a local thing...)

Cheese and Bills....Now you got me curious about this supermarket....lol...(btw..where is it?)....

Ant

It's in Herndon, VA

so probably not a Buffalo brand cheese :D

Just curious, as I haven't been able to find cheese curds for sale down here yet. I've had to *ahem* import them from home :whistle:

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: Timeline

That explains it! They probably know how to make a proper Bloody Caesar too. lol

iagree.gif

I gotta play catch up, I was gone all day.

Pokemon? I'm playing it right now! I still like the series, I'm such a kid :lol:

And Wyatt, you didn't know the DS could play GBA games? What else do you think the bottom slot was for? :lol:

I love how it can, but I still have my gameboy advance. I'm kinda OCD when it comes to that stuff, it bothers me that the old GBA games stick out the bottom and dont go right in. IT JUST BOTHERS MEEEEEE. Weird I know.

I went for a cosmetic facial today. I wasn't really looking forward to it... and for a reason. I have NEVER EVER done a single thing to my eyebrows. NEVER. She ended up threading them, oh my god that was so painful. I was almost crying. She even took out my blackheads and whiteheads. That was very very painful too. The rest of it was comfortable though.

I'm not sure if I should keep up with my eyebrows or just let them grow back. I really don't know.

Edited by Rhiannercakes

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I gotta play catch up, I was gone all day.

Pokemon? I'm playing it right now! I still like the series, I'm such a kid :lol:

And Wyatt, you didn't know the DS could play GBA games? What else do you think the bottom slot was for? :lol:

I love how it can, but I still have my gameboy advance. I'm kinda OCD when it comes to that stuff, it bothers me that the old GBA games stick out the bottom and dont go right in. IT JUST BOTHERS MEEEEEE. Weird I know.

I went for a cosmetic facial today. I wasn't really looking forward to it... and for a reason. I have NEVER EVER done a single thing to my eyebrows. NEVER. She ended up threading them, oh my god that was so painful. I was almost crying. She even took out my blackheads and whiteheads. That was very very painful too. The rest of it was comfortable though.

I'm not sure if I should keep up with my eyebrows or just let them grow back. I really don't know.

Pokemon is win! When I was younger it was super addictive ... now, it's moderately addictive. It's cheesy but I love it :)

As for your eyebrows ... It really depends on how they looked before. As for myself, now that I know what they look like after some shaping, there's no way I'd go back to au natural. I only get them shaped every few months, I take care of them on my own the rest of time.

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 06/16/2010

Chicago Lockbox received: 06/18/2010

Received e-mail notification from Chicago Lockbox: 06/24/2010

Hard copy NOA1 received: 06/28/2010

Touch!: 06/28/2010

Received biometrics letter in the mail: 07/16/2010

Attempted walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- DENIED: 07/16/2010

2nd attempt at walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- SUCCESS!: 07/28/2010

EAD card production ordered!: 08/09/2010

AP approved!: 08/09/2010

2nd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/12/2010

AP arrived!: 08/16/2010

3rd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/16/2010

EAD arrived!: 08/19/2010

Received interview letter in the mail: 09/13/2010

Green card interview -- APPROVED!: 10/15/2010

Green card received: 10/25/2010

The whole AOS process took almost exactly 4 months ... not too shabby!

I feel like I look really weird, since I've never seen myself like that before.

I feel the same way with make up. I feel like I look so fake with make up, since I never wear it.

Maybe I'll just get myself some tweezers and keep up with it, I mean... it shouldn't be that hard.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.