The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

this has to be a typo... saw this ad just now on Craigslist...

$900 / 4br - 4 br | 1 ½ ba | 1,283 sqft | Single-Family Home

lovely home. all new electrical, new copper plumbing, new forced heating, indirect lighting, new landscaping in backyard, pavers driveway, pool, bomb shelter, fruit trees, newly refinished hardwood floors, new kitchen, granite counter tops, maple cabinets, and more! must see.

the house looks nice in the pics that came with the ad...

if this is for real.. I would seriously consider looking at it.... the rent is less then what we pay now...

I can only assume that for the rent to be that cheap, it maybe in a not so nice neighborhood :unsure:

3n43ob3la5O55S95R9a2m0e8b949900991a.jpg3nb3p13l15Ob5Tb5P2a2md8b35905ba031f.jpg

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Weeeeeeee congratulations :thumbs:

What is the possession date?

BTW - moving is tiring :hehe:

Do you mean the date we move in?? They want to move out by April.... so I am guessing some time in that

You have all these terms and I have no idee-er what yer talkin aboot! :lol:

We go sign on Wednesday and drop a cheque off... I guess this is where the real "fun" begins.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Do you mean the date we move in?? They want to move out by April.... so I am guessing some time in that

We go sign on Wednesday and drop a cheque off... I guess this is where the real "fun" begins.

As long as they are all organized it's just money from here on out and signing stuff - finding the place is the big deal and you did!

Yeah the date that they hand you the keys, that's normally in the offer, but I guess you will find out Wednesday!

Timeline
this has to be a typo... saw this ad just now on Craigslist...

the house looks nice in the pics that came with the ad...

if this is for real.. I would seriously consider looking at it.... the rent is less then what we pay now...

I can only assume that for the rent to be that cheap, it maybe in a not so nice neighborhood :unsure:

3n43ob3la5O55S95R9a2m0e8b949900991a.jpg3nb3p13l15Ob5Tb5P2a2md8b35905ba031f.jpg

Maybe its haunted.

Mike and I were driving back from Ethan's game in Atlantic City on Friday and noticed a sign on the side of the road: "3 bedroom, 2 bath house, 75,000 cash! MUST SELL!!!" and we basically convinced ourselves that it was haunted because who does that around these parts?? :lol:

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
As long as they are all organized it's just money from here on out and signing stuff - finding the place is the big deal and you did!

Yeah the date that they hand you the keys, that's normally in the offer, but I guess you will find out Wednesday!

Yea I am so happy. And I told my mom and she's actually happy, so I am relieved, it was a huge weight off of my shoulders when I finally told her yesterday.

I kept trying to bring it up, and she'd never bite my bait.

"Sooo we had a busy day" she'd never ask: "Oh ya what was so busy"

"Sooo we we were out ALL day yesterday" she'd never ask: "Where did you go?"

:lol:

I finally just told her: "Sooo we started looking at condos..."

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Maybe its haunted.

Mike and I were driving back from Ethan's game in Atlantic City on Friday and noticed a sign on the side of the road: "3 bedroom, 2 bath house, 75,000 cash! MUST SELL!!!" and we basically convinced ourselves that it was haunted because who does that around these parts?? :lol:

yeah maybe ..lol

i was also thinking that maybe they have the house paid off and just want to make some money off of it...

i emailed the person who posted the ad and I am waiting to hear back...

we were going to wait til January to move but at that price we can't pass it up.. of course it has to be a nice place in a decent neighborhood...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
Offer accepted!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

That's great! Congrats. :dance:

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Offer accepted!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

How exciting!! Congratulations!!

Sometime I kinda wish we could sell Tim's house and find one together to make it "ours" but this one is rather nice, in some ways, just not insulated very well, and gets COLD in the winter in here!!! We had heaters galore working in Dec, and Jan. Other than that, it's pretty nice. I'm hoping to get to painting soon, and start making "themes" in the rooms.

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline

Yea we've been renters. We lived with his parents for a year, rented for over a year and now we're owning, so it has been a process that is for sure.

Donne moi une poptart!

Whoooo hoooo I got my State license today!! :dance: Didn't have any problems, and walked out of the office with it in my hand. It only cost $12.50!! :o Back in BC it would have been $75 :huh:

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline

libera_shave_02.jpg

what the hell??? :huh:

Whoooo hoooo I got my State license today!! :dance: Didn't have any problems, and walked out of the office with it in my hand. It only cost $12.50!! :o Back in BC it would have been $75 :huh:

Yea I was prepared to spend a good amount and I remember it was only 13.00... I was like the chick on those Ikea commercials: "START THE CAR!"

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Congratulations, Sprailenes! Excellent news :) :)

Joe got called a year ago for Federal jury duty as well. His duty period was for 2 weeks. He called in every night the first week and didn't have to report - he wasn't so fortunate the second week. He had to go in and was selected and they started to hear the case that day. I was concerned it would be something like murder or drugs or something horrific but it turned out to be a construction contract dispute between a sub-contractor and the contractor. It actually lasted 2 weeks and Joe enjoyed the experience. hehe, they ended up finding both parties guilty of violation of contract so while each were expecting a windfall at the expense of the other party, the 'settlements' virtually cancelled each other out.

i had federal jury duty about 9 months ago - but was dismissed when i asked if the guy being tried was busted as a result of the same sting that also busted a guy at work :lol:

the answer turned out to be yes.

congrats to my favorite seal thumper for the house! :dance:

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Congrats Sprailenes!! That's exciting!

I know what you mean about the terms. Throughout the home buying process I've asked our Realtor a million questions and I'm sure 90% of them sounded pretty dumb. But whatever right, its important to know exactly what's going on.

So the cheque... Is that your earnest money? :P (see, I'm using teams I've learned!)

Woo! Good news Joyce! :)

Mine cost $21.00 and I was annoyed... :lol:

Timeline
Congrats Sprailenes!! That's exciting!

I know what you mean about the terms. Throughout the home buying process I've asked our Realtor a million questions and I'm sure 90% of them sounded pretty dumb. But whatever right, its important to know exactly what's going on.

So the cheque... Is that your earnest money? :P (see, I'm using teams I've learned!)

Woo! Good news Joyce! :)

Mine cost $21.00 and I was annoyed... :lol:

Yes that's our earnest money! :lol:

So exciting! I mean I went from not even wanting to own, or have anything to do with owning to being excited about it all... weird.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.