The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been thinking about watching that Wyatt but I'm afraid it will scare me to death :lol: I get scared really easily and sometimes it prevents sleep for several days. Things involving ghosts and all things paranormal seem to scare me the most...

Soooo... Paranormal activity- not for someone like me?

I've been thinking about watching that Wyatt but I'm afraid it will scare me to death :lol: I get scared really easily and sometimes it prevents sleep for several days. Things involving ghosts and all things paranormal seem to scare me the most...

Soooo... Paranormal activity- not for someone like me?

No, I don't think you should see it then.

Honestly -- I'm not saying this to be macho or anything, 'cause I'm NOT a macho kinda guy...but I really don't scare easily at all. That this movie gave ME a few chills says something. :thumbs:

It's in the same ballpark as Blair Witch Project, but I think it is done much better...and you feel for the couple involved in the situation more than you did the kids in BWP.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

I'm staying away from that movie, too. Stuff like that scares the bejeebus out of me.. :(

Completely OT... but I'm feeling very ... "home" sick, as of late, despite the fact that I'm the USC. I want it to be May, and I want to be in Canada again. I miss it so much that I sit and look at the street view of my fiance's city on google maps a lot. Pathetic, I know... but I literally think this is more than just missing my fiance; I miss the whole darned place. :(

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

So you actually have to bring your SSN card with you when applying for the DL once it's changed to your married name?

Just double check where you live. Here in SC yes, you need the SSN. I was also allowed to drive on my DL for the first 90 days after crossing the border too. I'm sure that's standard in most States.

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

That's a big thing in Colorado too. The SSN needs to match the name you want your license in. When we applied for our marriage license they gave me this booklet on "changing the name on your ID" and on the first page in big bold letters it said, "Go to the SSN office first, not the DMV!" :lol: I guess its nice they spell it out to you.

Good news Joyce! Hopefully getting your license will be easy! I was pretty happy when I was finally able to get my CO state license. I only had an Ontario G2 but they gave me a full license without even a written test.

I hope so too! The lady at the DMV said I had all the right info, except the card wasn't changed to my married name yet. And the fellow I talked with at the beginning of January, when I went in to go change it, said he had to "manually" do something too, maybe that's why it took so long to finally get it? :unsure:

From what she said at DMV, it's just a quick change over. I'm so glad, I don't like tests!! LOL

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Here you need an SSN too, I guess I was just thinking that, so long as I hit up the SSA office prior to hitting the DMV, I wouldn't need to have the physical card in hand. The number's the same regardless.

Ah well, just adds on another two weeks to the process of changing things over, I guess.

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Timeline
Just watched Paranormal Activity on my own in a big dark house.

:girlwerewolf2xn:

I think I'll sleep just fine tonight...but I'll admit that that's one of the scarier movies I've seen. I watched Drag Me To Hell last night and rolled my eyes countless times...Sam Raimi just can't do horror without loading it with schlock! I guess that's part of the charm?

There's very little that scares me though...it was good to see a movie that at least gave me a couple of chills! :thumbs:

Yea it was great eh?

The part where she would just get up and watch him sleep for a couple of hours scared me so hard. But I wondered why he didn't show her the video ouiga board or why it wasn't talked about.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
No, I don't think you should see it then.

Honestly -- I'm not saying this to be macho or anything, 'cause I'm NOT a macho kinda guy...but I really don't scare easily at all. That this movie gave ME a few chills says something. :thumbs:

It's in the same ballpark as Blair Witch Project, but I think it is done much better...and you feel for the couple involved in the situation more than you did the kids in BWP.

I had nightmares for like a month after watching Blair Witch Project... :lol: So I probably shouldn't see it, you're right.

I hope so too! The lady at the DMV said I had all the right info, except the card wasn't changed to my married name yet. And the fellow I talked with at the beginning of January, when I went in to go change it, said he had to "manually" do something too, maybe that's why it took so long to finally get it? :unsure:

Yeah the same thing happened to me at the SSN office. She said she had to manually verify my immigration status, so instead of taking a couple days it took like 4 weeks. Still nothing compared to my DL wait! :lol:

Timeline

We just put an offer in for a place. It's not a fixer upper at all, but its really nice and as soon as I saw it I knew we were meant for eachother :P

I. Am. So. Excited.

If we lose this I will cry though... I will.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

There isn't a cut off time... or none that our agent has given us. This is the first time we have ever bought a home so everything is new.

Our agent is going to send it over tonight and then we wait I guess.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

She. :P

Maybe she didn't mention it... because when I ask my husband he said he has no clue either.

She said she'll get back to us tomorrow so maybe thats when the cutoff time is? No clue.

All I know is that I'll cry if we lose it.

There's another one in another neighborhood and it's nice too, bigger, but I just don't feel it as much as I feel this place. I have admired this neighborhood for a while. I hate knowing I could be setting myself up for the ultimate disappointment for loving it so much.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I so hope you get it :thumbs:

Sooo, we live in the bottom floor apartment. It has been relatively quiet here...until the last week or so when I have heard a bit more noise - someone, periodically, upstairs. Just some walking, few other squeaks, nothing too bad. I just figured whomever lives up there is quiet (prior to this last week you could hear light footsteps etc occasionally).

So today, now it's squeak squeak squeak (the floor) boom boom boom (big footsteps) - I now notice there are people carrying boxes in. So who knows, maybe someone moved out and someone else is moving in.

If I had to listen to that all the time it would really made me mad...but hey, we are moving Wednesday :dance:

Edited by trailmix

I so hope you get it :thumbs:

Sooo, we live in the bottom floor apartment. It has been relatively quiet here...until the last week or so when I have heard a bit more noise - someone, periodically, upstairs. Just some walking, few other squeaks, nothing too bad. I just figured whomever lives up there is quiet (prior to this last week you could hear light footsteps etc occasionally).

So today, now it's squeak squeak squeak (the floor) boom boom boom (big footsteps) - I now notice there are people carrying boxes in. So who knows, maybe someone moved out and someone else is moving in.

If I had to listen to that all the time it would really made me mad...but hey, we are moving Wednesday :dance:

Have YOU seen Paranormal Activity? If so, you'd be freaking out by now. :P

But yes...Nev...regarding that movie,

I know! It bugged me that more wasn't made about the Ouija board too. Then again, Micah was quite a douche...I just hate those stereotypical men who think they can take care of everything. I actually didn't buy that someone would be able to react like he did to those circumstances...it felt like acting to me. I think SHE did a great job, but in the face of such events, I don't think a guy like Micah would be able to be that macho. Not if he cared about his girlfriend, that is. You're right about the whole standing over the bed thing though -- that was probably the creepiest part! Now tell me...why did they always sleep with the door open in the first place? I thought that was sort of strange throughout the entire movie.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.