garbage_account

How to tell when you've been "touched"

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The subject might have a joke in it somewhere... but I just have a quick question:

Before I ask, let me say that this site and the people here have been a big help.... THANKS. My question... I notice lots people stating when their cases were touched. How/where do you find that out? So far I have received my NA01, the IMBRA RFE, and replied to the RFE. The only thing I see on the USCIS site is that they received my reply.... nothing about touches. (and I am signed up for e-mail notification from USCIS)

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The search feature is your friend :)

When you check your USCIS case status and the date changes but the message doesn't, is called a 'touch'.

Edited by Canuck Carrie

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Touched: Any time your application is handled by someone at a Service Centre, the barcode is scanned, which results in an update to the "last date" for your case on the USCIS website. When the date changes, this mean that someone has physically handled or "touched" your case. There are many reasons your application may be "touched" - from simply being moved from one desk to another, to RFE's, to being approved.

You can check your online status for "touches" anytime, using your receipt number,

here: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do,

but you need to sign up for this service first, which you can do

here: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp.

Each time the date is updated, the previous "touch" date is erased,

so only the last date your case has been "touched" will be kept track of there.

Grabbed this from a ppost from JEDI

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif3dflagsdotcom_uk_2faws.gif

K-1 Sent to Vermont St Patrick's Day~ May the Luck of the Irish Be With Us Today!! 3/17/06

NOA1 03-25-06

Touch 06-16-06=RFE Email

Touch 06-17-06

RFE Arrived 06-21-06

RFE Sent back to Vermont 06-21-06

RFE Delivered 06/23/06 10:55am

RFE-Touch 06/24/06

Touch 06/27/06

Approved 08/21/06 {157 days)

Touch 08/22/06

NVC Letter 08-25-06 Hard Copy

Left NVC 08-25-06

Arrived at London 09-01-06

Packet 3 Arrived at Steves Door 09-05-06

Packet 3 Sent back to London 09-15-06

London Medical 09-29-06- Completed

Packet 4 11-20-06

Londen Interview 12-08-06 APPROVED

Visa in Hand 12-12-06

Enters the USA 12-13-06

WEDDING DAY 2/18/07 @ 3pm

Well, just keep checking the site daily. If the date changes, it is a touch.

The touch could mean anything, from your file being moved from one stack to another, to approval. Always be cognizant of the e-mails though, that is the progress.

The subject might have a joke in it somewhere... but I just have a quick question:

Before I ask, let me say that this site and the people here have been a big help.... THANKS. My question... I notice lots people stating when their cases were touched. How/where do you find that out? So far I have received my NA01, the IMBRA RFE, and replied to the RFE. The only thing I see on the USCIS site is that they received my reply.... nothing about touches. (and I am signed up for e-mail notification from USCIS)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by William33

and here is the joke...

if you pee on a stick and it shows you a big blue plus sign... youve been touched!!!!!!!

:)

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Guides, guides, guides.... be sure to scroll down when you open this up. All you need is right there....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=300

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

:lol::lol::lol:

Congrats Keltic!!!!!

and here is the joke...

if you pee on a stick and it shows you a big blue plus sign... youve been touched!!!!!!!

:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks in advance.

Just going to the USCIS site and entering your case number will only show you the latest Case Status. I didn't realize for a long time that you have to actually sign in, in order to see if your "touched" date has changed. Good luck.

Timeline:

June , 2004 - Met online

July , 2005 - Met inperson

May 08, 2006 - Sent 129F

May 23, 2006 - NOA1

June 19, 2006 - IMBRA RFE

June 20, 2006 - RFE mailed back

July 07, 2006 - RFE reply

July 20, 2006 - touched at last

Aug 02, 2006 - e-mail notification of 2nd RFE

Aug 03, 2006 - touched

Aug 06, 2006 - touched

Aug 15, 2006 - touched 2nd RFE response received

Aug 18, 2006 - touched

Aug 21, 2006 - touched

Aug 24, 2006 - touched

Aug 29, 2006 - NOA 2 mailed! 113 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.