ScottThuy

HCMC Interview roll call

1,212 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Scott, I talk with a CO from HCMC on a regular basis, and I turned him onto this site. He doesn’t post here, but he does enjoy reading everyone’s posts. He says they DO NOT clean house anytime of the year, and that it is funny to even think this way. There is also NO limit to any visa they can issue PERIOD. If they had one million K1 visa’s that looked good they could approve all one million. He does not know where your senator got his information, but it is wrong. He did say that when a file is in AP for a long time it is not usually a good thing depending on what the petitioner does while in AP. He has a file that he has been “sitting on” for 4 months, the people have only sent in 2 emails requesting information, to him this is a bad thing, and he wants to see lots of inquiries, but he also stressed that other CO’s feel differently, and feel they can be a nuisance. He did say that when they get put into AP and just sit is because there is a bad feeling on the case, or it could be a great case with a very bad interview. He also stressed that for him when he sits on a petition it is usually because he wants to deny, but that he is giving the people one last chance to change his mind, and most of his co workers feel the same way. I showed him the papers from my lawyer in regards to my case with the CO’s notes, and I guess he said that our CO still works there, but that after my inquiry he was suspended and just recently was allowed to start doing interviews again. Jerome

VJ Members currently in AP/AR at HCMC:

· Frank And Duyen ___________10/20/2009 CR1 Timeline ..... 214 Days

· Terry1____________________11/00/2009 CR1 - proof of paternity ....approx 190 Days

· AnhBob___________________12/07/2009 CR1- proof of bonafide, timeline, info about ex, info about child... 166 Days

· RaymondV_________________12/00/2009 K1- timeline.....approx 150 Days

· Ronnie&Hang______________12/29/2009 K1- timeline, medical results from Cho Ray....144 Days

· James & Nicole_____________01/04/2010 K1- timeline, ex-wifes address, medical results from Cho Ray:awaiting TB treatment ....138 Days

· ScottThuy__________________03/01/2010 K1- timeline, ex-spouse address,police cert.......... 82 Days

· Josh_A___________________03/05/2010 CR1- timeline, Parent info, police cert......... 78 Days

VJ Members who made it out of AP & results:

· Lindal24 ________________7/8/2009 - 10/7/2009 - 91 days in AP - APPROVED

CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & List of Relatives

· FrednDaoHoney__________1/17/2009 - 10/15/2009 - 271 days in AP - APPROVED

· JohnCali9 _______________8/6/2009 - 10/21/2009 - 76 days in AP - APPROVED

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Ex-wife's situation & Timeline

· MichaelAndKha___________8/15/2009 - 10/21/2009 - 67 days in AP - Denied

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Timeline

Reasons for Denial: 1.Inconsistent photos, 2.No engagement ceremony, 3.Lack of marriage ceremony details

· Andy (not a VJ member)____8/17/2009 - 10/23/2009 - 67 days in AP - Denied

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline

· Minh&Nhan (not a VJ member)__09/07/2009 - 10/23/2009 - 46 days in AP - APPROVED

· Huong and Phung _________9/8/2009 - 10/27/2009 - 49 days in AP - Denied

CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline

· JeromeBinh______________8/20/2009 - 10/28/2009 - 69 days in AP - Denied

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Ex-wife's situation, Timeline & List of Relatives

Reasons for Denial: 1.Inconsistent Photos, 2.Communiciation not credible, 3.One visit, 4.Small engagement, 5.Engagement shortly after meeting, 6.B has 3 relatives in US, but only listed 2; P lived close to B's relatives, 7.Lack of marriage ceremony details

· Ly Trinh _________________8/21/2009 - 10/28/2009 - 68 days in AP - Denied

CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Timeline

· Ituan __________________8/10/2009 - 09/15/2009 - 36 days in AP - Denied Additional interview granted for 11/11 2nd denial

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline

· ToanTien________________8/20/2009 - 12/18/2009 120 days in AP APPROVED

CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline-- co-sponsor... yes I said co-sponsor

· Vi&Art____________________8/5/2009 K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline No results reported.

· Robert & Mai_______________03/04/10 - 3/30/2010 no docs required--26 days in AP APPROVED

Honestly Jerome, dont you have better things to do with your time? You arent helping anyone in AP with you stories, true or not.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Honestly Jerome, dont you have better things to do with your time? You arent helping anyone in AP with you stories, true or not.

I think that a CO saying that when a file gets put into AP that it is up to the petitioner to prove them wrong and that the relationship is legit is a good thing to let people know. Some people simply wait and do nothing, while others email them all the time, and some people even tell others not to email them often because they get no real response. You are entitled to your opinion as everyone is. But when a CO that I have become friends with tells me something I feel that it is helpful to those. Maybe not the fact that most cases are in AP are basically a denial, but that is what it is, there is no way to change it there was a thread on what AP really meant. It might not be something people want to admit to, but facts are facts. My post was not to get people to worry, but to tell all of you that ARE in AP that there is still hope, and that instead of doing nothing like some people suggest, you should send them emails, make them aware that you are serious about your petition and that you are not simply going to let them keep your file on a desk collecting dust for 3 or 4 months. Regardless of your opinion that I am not helping, I am sure other people also feel the same, there are times when you have to be brutally honest, and when a person chooses to be brutally honest there will always be people that object that is what makes a public forum so great. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

I see my original notice about my friend getting their pink slip was moved for some reason and wrongly I must say. Well I just wanted to say that my friend and his fiancee arrived into the country today safe and sound. kicking.gif

Dont feel bad, they removed two of my posts, for no reason, I think I will go to Kath and see if she can shed some light on this matter, I have noticed that many posts have been removed or moved with no notification of it, and I think I might know who is doing it, and if any post is removed there should be a note of the reason for it

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Dont feel bad, they removed two of my posts, for no reason, I think I will go to Kath and see if she can shed some light on this matter, I have noticed that many posts have been removed or moved with no notification of it, and I think I might know who is doing it, and if any post is removed there should be a note of the reason for it

I checked and it appears that Lucky's post was initially made to the other topic..not this one... maybe an error in the initial post.. It does not show as ever having been moved...

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

I checked and it appears that Lucky's post was initially made to the other topic..not this one... maybe an error in the initial post.. It does not show as ever having been moved...

What about your post where you were talking about the senator telling you they clean house and my two follow up posts, and then the other guy that was condemning my initial post? Those four posts have been removed. I feel that they were important to those in AP since your source said that they clean house at the end of the fiscal year, and the CO told me that it is not true? They should have been left at least that is my opinion. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

That took place in the AP discussion not here..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'll pose this question in both threads:

Do the users of this thread and the AP thread feel that there is good value in keeping them separate or would it be a better move to merge the two threads into one? As you are the ones who use these threads the most I think your feedback would be very useful in making this decision, rather than an arbitrary one made by me. :)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Do the users of this thread and the pinned Interview thread feel that there is good value in keeping them separate or would it be a better move to merge the two threads into one? As you are the ones who use these threads the most I think your feedback would be very useful in making this decision, rather than an arbitrary one made by me. :)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Do the users of this thread and the pinned Interview thread feel that there is good value in keeping them separate or would it be a better move to merge the two threads into one? As you are the ones who use these threads the most I think your feedback would be very useful in making this decision, rather than an arbitrary one made by me. smile.gif

no0pb.gif Two seperate and distinct topics... one for interviews and the other for those going through AP....

Timeline

Do the users of this thread and the pinned Interview thread feel that there is good value in keeping them separate or would it be a better move to merge the two threads into one? As you are the ones who use these threads the most I think your feedback would be very useful in making this decision, rather than an arbitrary one made by me. :)

I would also like to see them stay seperate.

Thanks,

Frank

Timeline

I agree they are somewhat seperate, but for me it would be easier if they were merged

Timeline

Do the users of this thread and the AP thread feel that there is good value in keeping them separate or would it be a better move to merge the two threads into one? As you are the ones who use these threads the most I think your feedback would be very useful in making this decision, rather than an arbitrary one made by me. :)

I say merge :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.