ScottThuy

HCMC Interview roll call

1,212 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
It is an investigation, that is part of the processing of the application... I think thats why they call it AP rather than an investigation... AP can cover any time delay in processing that is not normal.

It is personal for all of us... I get pissed off half of the time when I call NVC to check the staus of our case and they say the same scripted statement every time (you are in AP and there is no timeframe for this process).. Some care and you can hear it, but its not personal to them or the ones actually handling the case.. its just a job and they are showing up at work each day and doing what we pay them to do...

It just so happens that those that end up in AP have some red flag associated with the case that causes them to not be able to sign off on it withoud further investigation... they could be looking at phone records.... calling relatives.... looking on Facebook... we never know what they are doing in this investigation... or the decision process that takes place when they are done "investigating" but it all is additional time and processing that they otherwise would not have had to do if we had not had the red flags...

I found out why I got pulled into AP @ NVC based on Gary's discussions with the VSC director last week... Having a security clearance is grounds enough for them to want to know who we are sleeping with and how it may affect our clearances so most of us in NVC AP have government clearances.. not all.... Because of my role with institutions that are on military bases around the world, the DoD wanted us to have certain clearance levels so there would be no issues if something came up during a lecture regarding technology. Its ridiculous, but I actually am glad that they are doing something to keep our bases safe...

We all know that there are still many people in our government that consider us as "sleeping with the enemy".... That may be the guy that saw my file and said OMG what is he up to?

Hello all ,(Not Jeromebinh)

The girl she was call me last week ,today 8pm sunday california time ,she was call TRinh ly ask the same question ,she was asking me,i wuold like let you guy in VJ know (not Jeromebinh)

she call from HCMC Good luck Trinh Ly

Johncali

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

VJ Members currently in AP at HCMC:

• Vi&Art _____________________8/5/2009 K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline
  • JohnCali9 __________________8/6/2009 K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Ex-wife's living situation, Timeline
  • MichaelAndKha______________8/15/2009 K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Timeline
  • JeromeBinh_________________8/20/2009 K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Ex-wife's living situation, Timeline, List of Beneficiary Relatives in US
  • ToanTien___________________8/20/2009 CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline
  • Ly Trinh ___________________8/21/2009 CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Timeline
  • Huong and Phung ___________9/8/2009 CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline
VJ Members who made it out of AP & results:

• Ituan _____________________8/10/2009 - 09/15/2009 - 36 days in AP - Denied

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline

• Lindal24 ___________________7/8/2009 - 10/7/2009 - 91 days in AP - APPROVED

CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline

• FrednDaoHoney_____________1/17/2009 - 10/15/2009 - 271 days in AP - APPROVED

Sample AP Blue Slip:

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/...cture1_copy.jpg

Please add yourself if you are currently in Administrative Processing "AP" (2nd blue slip).

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

It is an investigation, that is part of the processing of the application... I think thats why they call it AP rather than an investigation... AP can cover any time delay in processing that is not normal.

It is personal for all of us... I get pissed off half of the time when I call NVC to check the staus of our case and they say the same scripted statement every time (you are in AP and there is no timeframe for this process).. Some care and you can hear it, but its not personal to them or the ones actually handling the case.. its just a job and they are showing up at work each day and doing what we pay them to do...

It just so happens that those that end up in AP have some red flag associated with the case that causes them to not be able to sign off on it withoud further investigation... they could be looking at phone records.... calling relatives.... looking on Facebook... we never know what they are doing in this investigation... or the decision process that takes place when they are done "investigating" but it all is additional time and processing that they otherwise would not have had to do if we had not had the red flags...

I found out why I got pulled into AP @ NVC based on Gary's discussions with the VSC director last week... Having a security clearance is grounds enough for them to want to know who we are sleeping with and how it may affect our clearances so most of us in NVC AP have government clearances.. not all.... Because of my role with institutions that are on military bases around the world, the DoD wanted us to have certain clearance levels so there would be no issues if something came up during a lecture regarding technology. Its ridiculous, but I actually am glad that they are doing something to keep our bases safe...

We all know that there are still many people in our government that consider us as "sleeping with the enemy".... That may be the guy that saw my file and said OMG what is he up to?

The girl she was call me last week ,today 8pm sunday california time ,she was call TRinh ly ask the same question ,she was asking me,i wuold like let you guy in VJ know (not Jeromebinh)

Johncali

Sorry Anh John but me Không hiểu. It seems like it would be some good info though.

Edited by Dai_Tx
mrc2pmh1445.gif

Timeline

Johncali

Sorry Anh John but me Không hiểu. It seems like it would be some good info though.

Hello Dai _tx

last week girl from HCMC call me investigate on me ask me about my ex_wife ,she just call TRinh Ly ask same question ,trinh ly was call me and let me know

JOhn

Timeline
That's really good for you and Trinh Ly, You know they are really really on your case and you can see some good news soon... Good Luck Mr. John.

Hello Dai_tx

Thank you so much

Johncali9

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just read where some consulates actually have web access available for those that are in AP to check the status of the case.. when they login and it says approved then they are to send or take the passport to the consulate for the visa... its a shame that HCMC doesnt have this courtesy available... its not like they are spending alot of money on payroll...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Maybe this is in the pre-testing phases still...I mean, look at all the improvements with online accessibility to USCIS and NVC websies... :)

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Johncali

Not trying to stir up things, but John regardless of whether or not you like me, this is a public forum, and to put (not jeromebinh) when you post looks funny. It is funny that you do it and I got a good laugh from it. I do not have any hard feelings toward you at all. I wish everyone luck in getting their visa and YES this includes YOU!!! Good luck John, hopefully with the phone calls you will soon get pink. (for Johncali)

Jerome and Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

@Anh JohnCali: now the investigation part is over with. I really hope you will get that PINK soon. Good luck to you.

@Dai_TX: Do you live in Houston? If you do, perhaps we can get togther for some Pho if you like ...

I used to be indecisive. Now I am just not sure ...

@Anh JohnCali: now the investigation part is over with. I really hope you will get that PINK soon. Good luck to you.

@Dai_TX: Do you live in Houston? If you do, perhaps we can get togther for some Pho if you like ...

I do live in Houston, but right now I am in Vietnam with my wife working until Dec. 2nd... Maybe we can go whenever I come back... What part of town are you in?

mrc2pmh1445.gif

Timeline
We are talking about the consulate in VIETNAM right......... :whistle:

Yes we're talking about the consulate in Vietnam.

...it may be Vietnam, but it's still the US Embassy/Consulate.

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Timeline

I just posted a picture of the visa under my photos if anyone would like a look--along with the Blue AP Slip and the Pink Approval Slip...

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.