saba_yasir

what kind of AP is this ? any advise?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I am a silent user of this site but posting here for the first time .

I m Saba a USC we got married in January 2009 in Pakistan then I flew back to States and filed petition for my hubby everything went smoothly and after going through all process at CIS and NVC we got Interview date of 14th December. I came to Pakistan to attend the interview with my hubby,

at that time we were aware and mentally prepared for that stupid AP(aditional pain).

Interview went very smoothly CO asked few questions and didnt ask for any additional documents even she didnt ask for wedding pics bcoz she already had our wedding pics on her desk which we sent to the USCIS. then she said everything is fine with ur case and handed over all the origional civil documents to my hubby ,

we did a blunder hubby's passport was valid only for 4 months at after the interview. the CO was a super nice lady she asked my hubby that we normally issues Immigrant Visa with 6 months of validity but ur passport is valid only for 4 months , so if I issue u a Visa with 3 months of validity is that ok for u ? we both said at once yes thats fine for us , she smiled and started typing something in her computer , then she said I issued u a Visa valid for 3 months and ur Visa will expire on 14th of march so u have to travell to USA before 14th March , Hubby said ok . then she kept his passport and gave him a list of approved couriers with a purple token on it and said u will get ur passport with in 15 days . and said have a safe journey to USA. we left the embassy dancing and jumping .

so today after 20 days i called the embassy to inquire about my hubby's case and a guy said that the case is in AP I was shocked to hear that then I called the DOS and a lady told me the same thing.

now what kind of AP is this ? I m so disappointed and heartbroken at the moment even i cant stop my tears my heart is really aching :crying::crying:

can some one plz tell me what kind of AP is this and what should we do

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

But she told you Congratulations!?! This doesn't make sense. I hope someone on here has some advice for you. Are you still in Pakistan? Can you as the petitioner return to the Embassy and inquire in person?

Good luck.

Time Line

2007-11-10.....Marriage in Ecuador

2008-01-11.....I-130 Sent

2008-04-28.....I-130 Approved

2008-05-02.....NVC Received

2008-08-20.....Case Complete at NVC

2008-10-14.....Interview--221g, asked to present joint sponsor inspite of NVC approval

2008-11-07.....Visa due to arrive. DHL truck delivering visa was robbed, Consulate required us to present I-864s and DS-230 again, had to get a new passport and other related documents

2008-11-14.....Presented all new documents in person at Consulate, visa printed same day

2008-11-25.....POE Atlanta

2008-12-26.....Green Card and 2nd Welcome Letter arrive

2010-09-02.....Date of NOA ROC 1-751

2010-12-13.....Approval of ROC

2011-01-12.....10 year Permanent Resident card arrived

2011-12-20.....N-400 Application mailed

2011-12-29.....NOA

2012-02-02.....Walk-in biometrics (appt was for 2/16)

2012-04-17.....Interview

2012-05-18.....Naturalization Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Even if you finished the initial AP prior to printing the visa they must run the name one more time through the system. Sounds like something came up as they were about to print the visa. Nothing you can do about it. I would strongly suggest he get a new visa not only for the AP but to save the trouble of getting it renewed after he arrives in the US.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hello everyone!

I m Saba a USC we got married in January 2009 in Pakistan then I flew back to States and filed petition for my hubby everything went smoothly and after going through all process at CIS and NVC we got Interview date of 14th December. I came to Pakistan to attend the interview with my hubby,

at that time we were aware and mentally prepared for that stupid AP(aditional pain).

Interview went very smoothly CO asked few questions and didnt ask for any additional documents even she didnt ask for wedding pics bcoz she already had our wedding pics on her desk which we sent to the USCIS. then she said everything is fine with ur case and handed over all the origional civil documents to my hubby ,

we did a blunder hubby's passport was valid only for 4 months at after the interview. the CO was a super nice lady she asked my hubby that we normally issues Immigrant Visa with 6 months of validity but ur passport is valid only for 4 months , so if I issue u a Visa with 3 months of validity is that ok for u ? we both said at once yes thats fine for us , she smiled and started typing something in her computer , then she said I issued u a Visa valid for 3 months and ur Visa will expire on 14th of march so u have to travell to USA before 14th March , Hubby said ok . then she kept his passport and gave him a list of approved couriers with a purple token on it and said u will get ur passport with in 15 days . and said have a safe journey to USA. we left the embassy dancing and jumping .

so today after 20 days i called the embassy to inquire about my hubby's case and a guy said that the case is in AP I was shocked to hear that then I called the DOS and a lady told me the same thing.

now what kind of AP is this ? I m so disappointed and heartbroken at the moment even i cant stop my tears my heart is really aching :crying::crying:

You do not need to be worry , inshallah every thing will be fine . as far as i know , all the male applicant has to go some kind of AP . and i think your AP is just normal one and due to holidays its taking long . you will get visa inshallah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You need to go ahead and renew the passport. They are not going to issue the visa on a passport that now only has two months of validity. . . .I don't even know why she pretended, which is what it sounds like she did. Everything you read says they WILL not issue the visa on a passport with less than 6 month validity.

Call the Dept of State first and make sure it has not already been issued just in case she was telling the truth

202-663-1225

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
Call the Dept of State first and make sure it has not already been issued just in case she was telling the truth

202-663-1225

Is there a direct number one can call to speak with someone at DOS? Whenever I call that number I only get a recording that just repeats and then cuts off after a while. Should I be calling the Dept. of Homeland Security instead? :huh:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm guessing namechecks, again - see http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/Secu...tiveReview.html for detailed explanation of what is done, at each step.

But -

Suggest yer husband get a new passport, this week. He might be in for a long wait - and if that's the case, his passport validity will be an issue at the POE.

GOOD LUCK

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
how can we renew the passport while CO kept his passport at the interview?

You can't. But the fact that they kept the passport means (at least based on Russian Embassy experience) that any AP will not be long. They understand the importance of your passport and will not keep it for a long time. I would start emailing them on a regular basis but don't be a pest.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

First, I am surprised that any CO would offer you a visa with less than 6 months on your passport! That is a NO!NO! and your husband may have been denied entry into the country with less than 6 months on his passport. Why would you accept such a deal? Why would you want your visa on a passport that would soon expire?

Secondly, I believe the CO was playing with your emotions, which is a horrible game to play. Most people do not understand that once the interview is completed, your files go through another background check and if you are flagged or if a wire has been issued by Homeland Security on visa issuance in particular countries you have a longer wait. This is why, the CO is NOT authorized to issue a visa on a passport that has a expiration date of 6 months or less.

Thirdly, you are in a difficult position because the CO has your husband passport. My only advice would be to renew the passport and give the CO the new passport.

Finally, I hope I'm wrong to infer the CO is playing games and hope you get your passport with the visa stamp soon. GOOD LUCK!!!

Hello everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

In countries that are being closely watch by Homeland Security, they don't care about how long they keep your passport. If the CO attempted to run this through her supervisor, I'm sure he/her told the CO that it was illegal to issue a visa on an expiring passport. The OP will soon receive a letter stating that her husband needs to renew his passport. If not, he may run into issues at the POE.

You can't. But the fact that they kept the passport means (at least based on Russian Embassy experience) that any AP will not be long. They understand the importance of your passport and will not keep it for a long time. I would start emailing them on a regular basis but don't be a pest.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

i would contact the embassy and inform them he wants to renew his passport and to please return the old one. Also ask if you should take the new passport and drop it off at the embassy or wait until they call for it.

There is no way they will issue a visa into a passport with less than six months validity and eventually he will have to renew it prior to the visa being issued. Better to do it now at you leisure rather than waiting until the embassy contacts you.

And also he will still need his visa until he gains US citizenship. Much easier to renew it there than in the US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.