Spiffdandy

Canceling Fiancee Petition? How??

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a friend who had a fiancee visa and was approved for interview, however the lady cheated on him while he was away and he found out she is pregnant from another man, so he terminated the relationship. He now has a new sweet lady in the philippines which he will be visiting soon. What does he need to do to show that he is withdrawing the Fiancee Visa? and what proof of that withdrawal will he need to provide on the new fiancee visa application for his new girl? Any help is appreciated.

Happily Married to my Pinay,

Steve

It depends greatly what stage they're at in the process. 'Approved for a visa interview' makes no sense to me - does that mean an interview was scheduled but has not yet taken place? If so, contact the consulate immediately and tell them of the intention to withdraw support of the petition. If the visa has already been issued, that's another matter.

It also wouldn't hurt to email or write USCIS with the original case number (on his NOA1) with his intention to withdraw. Keep copies of all this documentation for his next K1 process - boy, he sure does get around...!

BTW he will need an IMBRA waiver since he will have sponsored two K1s in such a short time frame. See item 9 on the I 129f instructions.

SA4userbar.jpg

It depends greatly what stage they're at in the process. 'Approved for a visa interview' makes no sense to me - does that mean an interview was scheduled but has not yet taken place? If so, contact the consulate immediately and tell them of the intention to withdraw support of the petition. If the visa has already been issued, that's another matter.

It also wouldn't hurt to email or write USCIS with the original case number (on his NOA1) with his intention to withdraw. Keep copies of all this documentation for his next K1 process - boy, he sure does get around...!

BTW he will need an IMBRA waiver since he will have sponsored two K1s in such a short time frame. See item 9 on the I 129f instructions.

Judgmental comment not helpful in answering the OP's question. Thx!

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I have a friend who had a fiancee visa and was approved for interview, however the lady cheated on him while he was away and he found out she is pregnant from another man, so he terminated the relationship. He now has a new sweet lady in the philippines which he will be visiting soon. What does he need to do to show that he is withdrawing the Fiancee Visa? and what proof of that withdrawal will he need to provide on the new fiancee visa application for his new girl? Any help is appreciated.

Happily Married to my Pinay,

Steve

the other day i emailed the embassy.before i got to the email page there was a spot to cancel petition.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.