Roosterwife

Walk-In Fingerprinting

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just got a letter advising of my fingerprinting appointment on Monday January 19, but I'll be away on business that day.

Does anyone know if the Oakland Park, Florida office accepts walk-ins? I'm hoping to get them done on the previous Friday (Jan 15) instead.

Thanks,

N-400

12/14/09 Mailed application to Lewisville, Texas

04/23/10 Sworn in. America's newest citizen!

I-130

04/26/10 Mailed parents' applications to Chicago

05/03/10 NOA 1 from CSC

10/05/10 I-130 approvals for both parents received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I just got a letter advising of my fingerprinting appointment on Monday January 19, but I'll be away on business that day.

Does anyone know if the Oakland Park, Florida office accepts walk-ins? I'm hoping to get them done on the previous Friday (Jan 15) instead.

Thanks,

Technically, I don't think any office "accepts" walk-in, meaning, there is not an option. HOWEVER, many people try and depending on the office they take it. I did a walk-in in Santa Rosa one week before the scheduled date. I brought along a receipt of my travel itinerary to prove I would be away on my scheduled date. I would suggest you try to go during off-peak hours.

I didn't mention I was there earlier, I was expecting the person to notice and ask me why I was there earlier. But they didn't say anything (maybe it wasn't so full). But just in case, I would suggest bringing a receipt of your business travels.

Edited by NycBra

02/2001 - Met in Europe

08/2004 - Moved to USA

08/2007 - Married in Brazil

09/2007 - Submitted AOS to VSC

12/2007 - AOS approved

09/2009 - Submitted I-751 to CSC

10/2009 - ROC approved (1 month 2 days from receipt date)

12/2010 - Submitted N400

01/2011 - Biometrics (twice)

02/2011 - Citizenship Interview and Civics Test

04/2011 - Oath Ceremony/American Citizen

Thanks,

What I've heard some people do if the ASC is close by, then they go there before they office opens and get in immediately after they do. They usually show them the appointment letter and explain to them what the circumstances are and so far I didn't hear of anyone refused early bios.

Just make sure your fingers have no cuts or scratches when you go or else they will ask you to come back when the marks have gone away.

Good luck!

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Roosterwife,

I don't know about Florida...But you can always try to do a walk-in fingerprints/biometrics...

After all, the worse case they can say to you is "no, come back on your appointment day"

Or the best case they can say to you, "yes, you can do your fingerprints/biomterics today".

Just to a "walk in" at a time when the local center is not busy and when you are available, and you should be ok then. Make sure you bring your biometrics letter with you, no matter which day you go, as they won't do your biometrics without it. And yes, just in case they ask, have a valid excuse/reason (and provide paperwork if need be) as to why you are going earlier than scheduled on the letter.

Likewise, in September 2008 and September 2009 I had to do a "walk-in biometrics" earlier than scheduled too for my I-751 and N-400 at my local office in Buffalo NY, and didn't have any problems with it for both times at all.

For more detailed information about my successful walk-in biometrics experiences, you can read about it in these VJ posts that I wrote here:

I-751: Biometrics Walk-In Gamble. A Detailed Review of Ant's Successful Day

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...in+fingerprints

N-400: Ant’s Walk-In Biometrics, Infopass, and Baby..Oh My!..., (9/30/09) My Helpful Detailed N-400 Experience and Story Here!..

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=221180&hl=

Hope this helps. Good luck with the rest of your immigration journey too.

Ant

Thanks,

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try and report back next week.

N-400

12/14/09 Mailed application to Lewisville, Texas

04/23/10 Sworn in. America's newest citizen!

I-130

04/26/10 Mailed parents' applications to Chicago

05/03/10 NOA 1 from CSC

10/05/10 I-130 approvals for both parents received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.