RUSSandRACHEL

Is anyone going to their interview alone?

22 posts in this topic

Thank you so much Gemmie. I have to say I felt so emotional when I read your last line. :blush: Its so true! I cant wait for us to be together!

The issue of denial doesnt bother me. I think its more the anticipation. If I have to wait 5 hours I'm gonna be in a right state by the time I step up to meet the consular officer. I have visions of me collapsing on the floor in a sea of papers lol! :unsure: I know it'll be ok really, but I was like this with my medical and Russ was with me then. Unless you have been through this process, no-one can truly understand.

Thanks for the support everyone!

Well it was about 3 hours for the initial wait to hand over paperwork (which was the biggest one really, I was worried he wouldn't accept our financial info), and then another 1-2 for the chat.

I only had to wait that long as I got there at 8:45 for my 9:00 appointment. I listened to their letter when they said "don't turn up more than 30 mins in advance". I would advise you to get there as early as possible! MonkeyJuice had her interview the same day as mine, and she saw me on the way out still waiting... because she got there very early!

Filed: Timeline

Lots of people go by themselves - it's okay :) do you have a friend or a family member who'd like a day trip to london? They more than likely won't be allowed in the embassy, but there are plenty of places for them to hang out while you're enjoying the 'minimalist' decor of the embassy.

I know it seems like the process is taking forever at the moment, but in hindsight it goes by like a flash. All the time I wasted worrying and fretting about USCIS throughout the visa/green card/citizenship process seems daft now. I would suggest that rather than focusing on the interview you focus on the fabulous pair of shoes you'll buy afterwards as a treat (the embassy is just a stumble away from Oxford street!) - or take your dog on a trip to the beach or something marvelous like that.

Im gonna write down how to get there based on reviews on here and once you are in I think its pretty self explanatory. You will be fine but I share your anxiety. Its a scary day for all of us. Will we get there on time? How long will we wait? Do we have all our papers? etc.

Here's a map I made that shows the Embassy, three recommended hotels, and Gould's where you leave your electronic items. You can zoom or move the map around to see bus stops, tube stations, etc.

http://www.click2map.com/maps/nichnick/Embassy_London

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

And I meant to add this video that shows exactly what you will do on the day of your interview.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Like some people have said the interview is a bit of a non event, I remember when I started the K1 journey and spent months reading about other peoples UK embassy interviews and getting worried about any potential pit falls, but again if you have your stuff together it will be a breeze. If you want to read my review of the interview have a look on my profile for my embassy review.

I got on more stage on my Visajourney to go (citizenship) and I do remember the K1 portion being the most worrisome. Also went by myself as my fiance (who lived in the Uk with me) was in the embassy sorting out my sons passport, Just take a book or a mag to read as you may be their for sometime.

Sent AOS, EAD - 3/27/07

NOA1 for AOS and EAD - 4/03/07

Checks cashed - 4/04/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/06/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/09/07

RFE for AOS - 04/26/07

return RFE - 06/20/07

EAD approved - 07/07/07

AOS transfered to CSC - 07/10/07

AOS approved - 08/10/07

Welcome letter arrived - 08/18/07

Green card arrive - 08/18/07

Apply for stolen green card 07/12/09

Apply for I-751 09/31/09

I-751 rejected due to late filling

Resubmit with a letter explaining tardiness 10/01/09

NOA1 - 10/17/09

No BioMetrics

Approval 12/4/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Although my step-father will be coming with me to the interview, my fiance will have to remain in the US. I know he really wants to be here, it just wasn't practical due to costs and customs already having issues with how much time he's spent in England. Him being here to help me prepare to leave for the US is actually more of a priority than him accompanying me to the interview.

Although my step-father will be coming with me to the interview, my fiance will have to remain in the US. I know he really wants to be here, it just wasn't practical due to costs and customs already having issues with how much time he's spent in England. Him being here to help me prepare to leave for the US is actually more of a priority than him accompanying me to the interview.

Hmm me too. Just wish I had it both ways. My interview will be at 8am, so thats 3am for my Rusty! Hes happy to wake up though so we can congratulate each other on the new though! Lol!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.