Rocky_nBullwinkle

Turbot tax time!

17 posts in this topic

Are you entitled to a refund? Are you looking forward for Uncle Sam to give your money back?

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

I would prefer Turbo Tax..

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Are you entitled to a refund? Are you looking forward for Uncle Sam to give your money back?

Give (your money back?)

It's always funny every year when people talk about getting money back at the end of the year. Some even boast big returns on their income, but one really needs to ask them self is this good or bad? From a investment point, no. The government has 'your money' all year and what is your return. Zip, Nota, Nothing! I don't cheat per se but I put the screws to them all year long and keep my money in my pocket where it belongs.

Edited by sjr09

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

I've been using turbo tax for several years. It's nice as they retain previous years right online in pdf format. Makes it an easy retrieval.

Removing Conditions

11/29/09 - I-751 Sent

11/30/09 - I-751 Received

12/01/11 - NOA

08/24/12 - Approved, no interview, card ordered

AOS/EAD/AP

06/11/09 - AOS/EAD/AP Sent

12/29/09 - AOS Approved, no interview, card ordered

01/04/10 - LPR card received

-------

Please update your time-line, it benefits us all.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Being a CPA by trade, I prepare my own returns. And due to my Ilocano heritage, I don’t want to waste money on turbo tax or on any outside tax preparer.

I expect a huge refund for 09 after claiming myself as a single taxpayer, the whole year at that, for withholding tax purposes. I got married last May and the missus will get here next month, in time for us to file a joint return. Furthermore, I paid estimated tax for the first quarter because of some gains courtesy of the stock market. These gains were almost completely offset by losses in the third quarter.

Rocky, Naragsac a Baro a Tawen cadacayo ken ni Mr. Bill! :thumbs:

140px-Ph_seal_ilocos_sur.png

355634134_6337d0bad9_m.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

turbot....is that a trojan? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Does anyone know if I can use Turbo Tax under my circumstances:

My wife is a K1 visa holder. We just got married at the very end of December. So we should be able to file jointly if she signs an affidavit agreeing to be treated as a U.S. resident for tax purposes (according to what I've found at irs.gov). Since she's from China and made very little (way under the $86K or whatever foreign income that isn't taxed), I should be able to get a pretty good refund since I paid taxes as if I were single all year.

Thanks.

Filed: Timeline
Bill, I think Marie will do your 09 taxes if you let her fry some salted dried fish inside the house! :D

It's going to be a fun year doing taxes since the Democratic Congress made it more complicated with at least two more schedules to file this year.

She is getting pretty good about cooking fish only when I am not home. Why do you fry dried fish anyways? It doesn't really fry, the scales and skin just turn into a caramelized paste that stares back at you, once all the smoke clears.

Filed: Timeline
Does anyone know if I can use Turbo Tax under my circumstances:

My wife is a K1 visa holder. We just got married at the very end of December. So we should be able to file jointly if she signs an affidavit agreeing to be treated as a U.S. resident for tax purposes (according to what I've found at irs.gov). Since she's from China and made very little (way under the $86K or whatever foreign income that isn't taxed), I should be able to get a pretty good refund since I paid taxes as if I were single all year.

Thanks.

Some folks have had problems getting Turbo Tax to do what you are trying to do, although it is the smart thing to do. I too, had a great windfall that just about paid the costs of bringing Marie here. Too bad the marriage penalty returns in 2010, unless Congress extends the Bush tax cuts.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
It's going to be a fun year doing taxes since the Democratic Congress made it more complicated with at least two more schedules to file this year.

However, there are new tax credits for 09, such as the Making Work Pay and Government Retiree Credits. There is also an available deduction for motor vehicle sales taxes. And among other changes, the AMT exemption amount has been increased and the IRA deduction was also expanded.

140px-Ph_seal_ilocos_sur.png

355634134_6337d0bad9_m.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.