niceygirl

Need your help, regarding I-864 RFE

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi, am new to this board but been reading for awhile now. Recently we received RFE on our AOS. I'm on IR-1 visa. We are using a co-sponsor which is my father-in-law. Husband has no stable job for awhile now but our co-sponsor is doing very good. My husband didn't know he needed to submit also an I-864 so they asked us to submit one on our RFE.

On the RFE they also checked x on these:

1. They are asking for proof of employment like employment letter and w2's from my husband. My husband has no stable job right now. What do we provide on this? although I have those from our joint sponsor.

2. Have not filed income tax for 2008 cos income is not sufficient and they are asking for a letter of explanation. How do we make that letter and how do we state it if income is not qualified for tax?

and do we have to redo everything in the AOS packet? or just send in the page they have asked from the RFE?

Hoping for you help, Thanks!

Happy new year!

hi, am new to this board but been reading for awhile now. Recently we received RFE on our AOS. I'm on IR-1 visa. We are using a co-sponsor which is my father-in-law. Husband has no stable job for awhile now but our co-sponsor is doing very good. My husband didn't know he needed to submit also an I-864 so they asked us to submit one on our RFE.

On the RFE they also checked x on these:

1. They are asking for proof of employment like employment letter and w2's from my husband. My husband has no stable job right now. What do we provide on this? although I have those from our joint sponsor.

2. Have not filed income tax for 2008 cos income is not sufficient and they are asking for a letter of explanation. How do we make that letter and how do we state it if income is not qualified for tax?

and do we have to redo everything in the AOS packet? or just send in the page they have asked from the RFE?

Hoping for you help, Thanks!

Happy new year!

1. - Perhaps they were asking for your co-sponsor? (since they need that info with the 864) - however, how did your husband fill out the 864? did he put "unemployed"? - Perhaps this was generated because you failed to provide the co-sponsors 864, so it might of triggered the request for your husband )?)

2. You will make a letter explaining why you didn't file taxes and for what reasons. (IRS site probably has templates on what to state)

You do not have to redo everything in the AOS package, just answer/provide what the RFE wanted.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Timeline
1. - Perhaps they were asking for your co-sponsor? (since they need that info with the 864) - however, how did your husband fill out the 864? did he put "unemployed"? - Perhaps this was generated because you failed to provide the co-sponsors 864, so it might of triggered the request for your husband )?)

2. You will make a letter explaining why you didn't file taxes and for what reasons. (IRS site probably has templates on what to state)

You do not have to redo everything in the AOS package, just answer/provide what the RFE wanted.

My husband did not fill up and submit his I-864 and on the RFE they ask us to submit his too. We only submitted the I-864 from the co-sponsor. So if my husband submit an I-864 and put there "unemployed". They will not ask us anymore for the employment letter and W2's?

thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

The USC is always the primary sponsor... so yes, he has to fill out an 864... You will put $0 as the income for 2008 and he will also write a letter stating his income for 2008 was $0 and therefore he was not required to file income taxes... you can do a search on how to word the letter as there are some past posts and examples... You do not have to re-do the whole AOS package, just submit his 864 with the letter stating that he was not required to pay taxes

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, sorry - is 2 sets of the I-864 -

one for the husband, the primary sponser and

another for the relative, the co-sponser.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.