TKP

CR-1 Co Sponsor info at interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Okay, I have a question about the financial side of things.

My wife and I live and work in Ireland, and used a co-sponsor from the USA, who has filed all the required documents.

We don't have jobs over there yet, but we do have letters from my wifes former employees offering her a job if she returns. We also have a lease agreement and have shown bank account details from the states

My question is this, what sort of evidence do we need to bring to the interview, which shows that we'll be ok financially, as we have a sponsor, or will all the documents which he provided already and his affidavit be enough? I take it they will ask us about our relationship with him, and that's ok. I just want to be prepared if they start asking about how we'll get by etc and do I need tos how money in an american account etc etc. Could they deny us even with a co sponsor, for not having enough money?

Thank you!

Sent I-130 - 04/01/09

Approved - 07/03/09

Sent DS-230 - 28/10/09

Checklist request - 19/11/09

NVC reviewing checklist - 14/12/09

Case complete - 22/12/09

Interview scheduled - 28/12/09

Medical - 14/01/2010

Interview - 16/02/2010 - Approved

POE - June 2010

Timeline

Anyone!?

Sent I-130 - 04/01/09

Approved - 07/03/09

Sent DS-230 - 28/10/09

Case complete - 22/12/09

Medical - 14/01/2010

POE - June 2010

Having a joint sponsor and other financial evidence, I am sure you will be fine.

We provided only our joint sponsor's I-864, but the consular didn't ask us any financial question at all.

They mostly care if your relationship is real or not.

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

Timeline
Having a joint sponsor and other financial evidence, I am sure you will be fine.

We provided only our joint sponsor's I-864, but the consular didn't ask us any financial question at all.

They mostly care if your relationship is real or not.

Thank you for replying!

When you say 'other financial evidence' what do you mean.... My wife has an american account, but there isn't much cash in it, as we obviously don't use it. Would it be wise to transfer money to that account before the interview, or do they not mind? Also, should I bring a bank statement from our account in Ireland, proof I have a car to sell, anything else?

Any help would be great thank you!

Sent I-130 - 04/01/09

Approved - 07/03/09

Sent DS-230 - 28/10/09

Case complete - 22/12/09

Medical - 14/01/2010

POE - June 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

coupla things:

1. she's the primary sponser, so you must show her I-864, even if it will never stand up on it's own.

2. that co-sponser's I-864 packet is the SECONDARY document set - view it as such. Must have primary and co-sponser document sets, together.

3. I think the lease documents are powerful, it proves up USA Domicile (which is normally needed to prove up by the USC on interview day ).

4. i don't know about employment OFFER letters, really - but usually an EMPLOYMENT letter, detailing the JOB , job title, and annual salary amounts is golden. But, since the USC Spouse is living with you, working in Ireland, an employment OFFER letter may be enough, combined with the lease agreement. Hard to say, really.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline
coupla things:

1. she's the primary sponser, so you must show her I-864, even if it will never stand up on it's own.

2. that co-sponser's I-864 packet is the SECONDARY document set - view it as such. Must have primary and co-sponser document sets, together.

3. I think the lease documents are powerful, it proves up USA Domicile (which is normally needed to prove up by the USC on interview day ).

4. i don't know about employment OFFER letters, really - but usually an EMPLOYMENT letter, detailing the JOB , job title, and annual salary amounts is golden. But, since the USC Spouse is living with you, working in Ireland, an employment OFFER letter may be enough, combined with the lease agreement. Hard to say, really.

Good Luck !

Thanks for the help. We can't get a job offer, as we don't know if we can move there yet, so i guess the offer letter will have to do. Just a question about parts one and two of your answer.

I have obviously already sent both the main sponsors I-864 and my wifes, and in the interview letter it says that they have both of these, do I still need to bring copies of everything that was sent? My co-sponsor's tax returns and his bank statements, etc etc?

Thanks

Sent I-130 - 04/01/09

Approved - 07/03/09

Sent DS-230 - 28/10/09

Case complete - 22/12/09

Medical - 14/01/2010

POE - June 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

TKP - this stuff was submitted during NVC processing, and added to the casefile, and the casefile was sent to the Embassy/Consulate's IV unit. If something was lost, then the Embassy/Consulate doesn't have it. Not trying to scare you, but it does happen .

I can think of 2 reasons why to bring stuff during interview:

1. USEM didn't receive it or

2. data for I-864 have radical change from time of NVC submittal to Interview Date. (more money, different job, flip over on tax year, have a new tax return ).

BUT - even with all that said (and no, I'm not being wishy-washy about this ) - I say bring it all. Understand what you have, as well, in case you need to instantly retrieve it during the interview (you only have a few minutes in front of a ConOff, ah? ) .

Good Luck.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.