mystic

Vaccination in Egypt Question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi,

There has been some confusion on what vaccinations my husband should get before having his interview and i am hoping others that have done the process recently in egypt can help with this..

The doctor told him that there are just 2 needed at the time of his exam, MMR and DT . He didnt have them available at the time of exam so had him pay for them and told him he will recieve them when he returns to pick up his results in 10 days. ..

However a friend of mine went through this with her husband in February 09 and she said that her husband was given some in egypt but was required to do more when he arrived and that we should just get them all done in egypt as it is cheaper,, and something about tuberculosis test as well, though her husband tested positive for TB upon arrival but says its because of a vaccination given in the schools there??

Can anyone tell me what vaccinations your spouse was given in Egypt and if there are more that are required upon entry?

Edited by mystic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi,

There has been some confusion on what vaccinations my husband should get before having his interview and i am hoping others that have done the process recently in egypt can help with this..

The doctor told him that there are just 2 needed at the time of his exam, MMR and DT . He didnt have them available at the time of exam so had him pay for them and told him he will recieve them when he returns to pick up his results in 10 days. ..

However a friend of mine went through this with her husband in February 09 and she said that her husband was given some in egypt but was required to do more when he arrived and that we should just get them all done in egypt as it is cheaper,, and something about tuberculosis test as well, though her husband tested positive for TB upon arrival but says its because of a vaccination given in the schools there?? Can anyone tell me what vaccinations your spouse was given in Egypt and if there are more that are required upon entry?

As I can remember this is what happened for Adam too. When he came he had to go to a immigration approved doc here and get the TB test, which came back positive and was told it was highly likely due to being vaccinated in the schools in Egypt.

Edited by ~PalmTreeGurl~
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
thank you, do you happen to know what vaccinations he still needed when he came other than the TB test?

I honestly dont remember. I cant even remember what I ate for breakfast a week ago... lol I will ask Adam in the morning or look thru somethings.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

When my husband went to adjust status and seen the doctor here due to a lost medical file...(cough, cough, yeah right!) he had to take the chicken pox (varicella) vaccine. He had never had the chicken pox in his life and was 37 years old at the time. If your husband hasn't had the chicken pox and it is available in EG I would get it there and have it documented.

Also, my husband's TB Mantoux came out positive with a huge knot on his forearm that lasted for about a week and left a light brown scar. If your husband was vaccinated with BCG he needs to be up front and let the physician know at his adjustment of status medical (if he the BCG vaccination). They are aware that a lot of MENA people receive this. My husband went back by himself and didn't tell him he was given the BCG as a child so not only did we have to pay for the TB Mantoux which would not have been given to him but he had a Chest X Ray we had to pay for. The doctor said from now on to always let physicians or places of work that do physicals know he was given BCG and that they will skip the Mantoux to save time and money.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.