11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife had a biometrics appointment in Charlotte after we were married, for her adjustment of status i guess. When it came time for the green card conditions to be lifted we saw on this website that we need to have another biometrics done. We sent the forms and payment and sure enough they sent us an appointment for a 2nd bio test in Charlotte again. There was no mention of a problem with the first bio, and it's like they only requested the 2nd bio because we paid for it. Is this normal?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My wife had a biometrics appointment in Charlotte after we were married, for her adjustment of status i guess. When it came time for the green card conditions to be lifted we saw on this website that we need to have another biometrics done. We sent the forms and payment and sure enough they sent us an appointment for a 2nd bio test in Charlotte again. There was no mention of a problem with the first bio, and it's like they only requested the 2nd bio because we paid for it. Is this normal?

it is normal and not a problem with the first bio... it is essentially to get an updated photo and to match the fingerprints to the filel to make sure the applicant is who they say they are... and I suppose an additional FBI check as well

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

it is normal and not a problem with the first bio... it is essentially to get an updated photo and to match the fingerprints to the filel to make sure the applicant is who they say they are... and I suppose an additional FBI check as well

Payxibka,

Don't they ask for a 3rd bio when it comes time for naturalization as well? I thought I read it somewhere..

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

Timeline
Payxibka,

Don't they ask for a 3rd bio when it comes time for naturalization as well? I thought I read it somewhere..

probably do.... and they ask for a bio when requesting a replacement GC as well (whether due to lost/stolen or renewal)

YMMV

Payxibka,

Yes - they will ask for a biometrics when applying for natz.

They actually ask for biometrics for a lot of things. When I requested my re-entry permit, I had to go for a biometrics.

$80 for giving them what they already have.... hmmm

To answer the original question by the OP, yes, it is normal to go for bio when lifting conditions.

Edited by v333k

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Its their safeguard that you are the same person who showed up for the last few rounds of biometrics.....

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Thanks guys! $80 each time, sheesh! I can't wait for the government run health care system. NOT!!

I was told by an IO in the Seattle office that biometrics are good for 15 months.

$80 each time sure is a whole lot for something they already have....

Timeline
I was told by an IO in the Seattle office that biometrics are good for 15 months.

$80 each time sure is a whole lot for something they already have....

Try spending $80 for a biometrics fee for a under 14 child doing removing conditions... You pay the fee, but no biometrics is performed and then when the child turns 14 (regardless of the expiry of the greencard), you need to get a replacement card and have biometrics done at theat time (and of course pay another fee).

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Try spending $80 for a biometrics fee for a under 14 child doing removing conditions... You pay the fee, but no biometrics is performed and then when the child turns 14 (regardless of the expiry of the greencard), you need to get a replacement card and have biometrics done at theat time (and of course pay another fee).

I think $80 is a lot for biometrics, but then my co-worker reminded me that we had to pay more when we were hired.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

To those that visit the USCIS office in Charlotte, make sure all your information is correct, even the dates that they stamp on your forms. Two of the workers there are pretty clueless and lazy but the manager is very sharp and she'll fix everything if there is a mistake.

Edited by Hazah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.