melchieor

Sending original documents to my finace for interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My fiance will go to the Moscow embassy and I was wondering what originals should I send to her via mail? I heard she needs the I-134 notarized. Any bank statements required from the I-134 and some tax information (previous tax year) and some pay stubs (I was thinking to send maybe 3). So do all these need to be originals? Also for evidence of proof can I send copies of my plane ticket receipts? What about my passport or certificate of naturalization etc? Does she need originals of all of those things?

I would like to get these things done ahead of time but I dont know if the embassy will accept the I-134 if its sent in too early. Please let me know

Thanks!

15-Dec-2009 I-129F Sent

17-Dec-2009 NOA-1

18-Mar-2010 NOA-2

23-Mar-2010 NVC Received

26-Mar-2010 NVC Sent to Consulate

29-Mar-2010 The embassy received our case

15-June-2010 Interview

The newest I-134 does not need to be notarized - simply signing it binds it. (get the new one from the USCIS site).

You do not need originals - copies are sufficient (unless otherwise noted). With that said, always be prepared to present originals if required (some embassies can ask for originals)

Unless you plan/need to use bank savings, you are only required to provide tax transcripts and a letter from your employer (showing employment status, type, salary).

Plane ticket receipts are not good enough, you should also be able to show passport stamps (showing you actually went there in the last 2 years previous to sending in the K-1)

Read the instructions for the K-1 (I-129F) and that should answer your questions.

You should wait till around the time to send in the I-134 (like when your package is sent to the embassy).

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

My fiance will go to the Moscow embassy and I was wondering what originals should I send to her via mail? I heard she needs the I-134 notarized. Any bank statements required from the I-134 and some tax information (previous tax year) and some pay stubs (I was thinking to send maybe 3). So do all these need to be originals? Also for evidence of proof can I send copies of my plane ticket receipts? What about my passport or certificate of naturalization etc? Does she need originals of all of those things?

I would like to get these things done ahead of time but I dont know if the embassy will accept the I-134 if its sent in too early. Please let me know

Thanks!

The I-134 doesn't need to be notarized. As far as I remember, my then fiance (now husband) also sent copies of his checking and savings account, real estate property value, tax info from the last two years, payslips, letter of employment, etc. The copies I mean are scanned and printed copies from the original. He sent all those to me a month before my interview because in the Philippines, we don't mail anything to the Embassy. We just take with us all required documents during the interview. I don't know with your fiancee's Consulate though.

I also brought with me the original boarding passes, plane tickets, hotel receipts, and more but the Embassy thought it was sufficient to have chat logs, e-mails, 10 pages of photos, copy of the book he sent me, and greeting cards as proof of ongoing relationship and proof of having met within two years. As for proof of your naturalization, don't send the original. It may or may not be required but if you'd send it, just make a copy. Remember that your passport and naturalization document are very valuable to you. Don't risk losing them.

Hakuna matata.

I hope things go faster and easier for you and your fiancee.

God bless us all.

FAE :luv:

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I cannot say what happens at the interview, as ours has not occurred yet, but the Moscow Embassy website says that the affidavit support must be notarized, so I have done so on mine. Someone at your bank can probably do it for nothing so why not do it.

The I-134 doesn't need to be notarized. As far as I remember, my then fiance (now husband) also sent copies of his checking and savings account, real estate property value, tax info from the last two years, payslips, letter of employment, etc. The copies I mean are scanned and printed copies from the original. He sent all those to me a month before my interview because in the Philippines, we don't mail anything to the Embassy. We just take with us all required documents during the interview. I don't know with your fiancee's Consulate though.

I also brought with me the original boarding passes, plane tickets, hotel receipts, and more but the Embassy thought it was sufficient to have chat logs, e-mails, 10 pages of photos, copy of the book he sent me, and greeting cards as proof of ongoing relationship and proof of having met within two years. As for proof of your naturalization, don't send the original. It may or may not be required but if you'd send it, just make a copy. Remember that your passport and naturalization document are very valuable to you. Don't risk losing them.

Hakuna matata.

I hope things go faster and easier for you and your fiancee.

God bless us all.

FAE :luv:

I cannot say what happens at the interview, as ours has not occurred yet, but the Moscow Embassy website says that the affidavit support must be notarized, so I have done so on mine. Someone at your bank can probably do it for nothing so why not do it.

A lot of embassy websites state that (because some still reference the old form / or didn't update their site.) - however, it was confirmed using the new one does not require it to be notarized.

(Ankara embassy states the same thing, sent them an email and this is what they told me.)

If you use the old form - must be notarized.

New one - no need for notarization.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

Alright well I think I'll play it safe and get the 134 notarized and sent along with copies of everything else then. My other question would be then when I am sending a package to Russia do I have to use the Cyrillic letters. I want to ensure that she receives the package and that it doesnt get lost.

15-Dec-2009 I-129F Sent

17-Dec-2009 NOA-1

18-Mar-2010 NOA-2

23-Mar-2010 NVC Received

15-June-2010 Interview

Timeline

Cant they ask for my original Certificate of Citizenship? I would prefer to send them a copy but I want the package I send to be as complete as possible. Also, I was reading on the K1 Guide that I can send my I-134 to her once I receive the NOA2. Is this accurate. Will they accept banking information that is a few months old (from time I send it .. to the time of her interview)?

15-Dec-2009 I-129F Sent

17-Dec-2009 NOA-1

18-Mar-2010 NOA-2

23-Mar-2010 NVC Received

15-June-2010 Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.