birdyconfused

Best evidence in my situation?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If your marriage was more than 2 years old at the time of entry, then you should have received a 10 year GC.

If and when you are back in the US, you could make another Infopass appointment, go the USCIS office and hope you don't get the same unprofessional jack^$$ again. There is a good chance that they will fix the mistake and the whole discussion about removing conditions is mute.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: Other Timeline
If your marriage was more than 2 years old at the time of entry, then you should have received a 10 year GC.

If and when you are back in the US, you could make another Infopass appointment, go the USCIS office and hope you don't get the same unprofessional jack^$$ again. There is a good chance that they will fix the mistake and the whole discussion about removing conditions is mute.

The alien still has to maintain residency and might encounter difficulty at POE, even if on a 10 year card. The only way for an alien to live willy-nilly in and out of the US is to not be an alien any longer - to naturalize.

I see what you are thinking about the possibility of a mistake with issue of the original card. But with the way the OP has worded their original post, it sounds like he entered the US right before his second wedding anniversary.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Of course, getting admitted to the US or not is a major gamble as it stands.

I'd say not filing taxes is a biggy, so fixing that right away would be smart.

From the post, I read that his CR1 was issued prior to 2nd anniversary and US entry happened after 2nd anniversary. If so, should have been given 10 year card. If so, assuming successful entry to the US, a correction could be all that is needed instead of filing I751.

PS: By the way when I entered the USA in 2008, our marriage was already 2 and yrs old. I thought I that I should have been given 10 yrs card and visited nearby USCIS office to get advice on this. The person who attended me was very rude and told me that when you were approved you marriage was less than 2 yrs old, therefore you have been given a conditional GC. I didnt pursue the matter further coz I had to leave.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: Other Timeline
Of course, getting admitted to the US or not is a major gamble as it stands.

I'd say not filing taxes is a biggy, so fixing that right away would be smart.

From the post, I read that his CR1 was issued prior to 2nd anniversary and US entry happened after 2nd anniversary. If so, should have been given 10 year card. If so, assuming successful entry to the US, a correction could be all that is needed instead of filing I751.

Ah. I had missed that one.

Wonder how hard it would be to get them to change it all these years later........

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
Hey folks

It looks like im in a tricky situation.

My Conditional GC expire in March. Since obtaining my GC I have been living overseas (not on govt. or military duty) and visited couple of times in order to keep the GC. Now we plan to come back to US permanently and removal of conditions is a big question for us. We'll be staying with my brother in law in the beginning before I get a job.

During this period we didnt have anything jointly in our names in the US. Though we have US accounts separately but no signifcant transaction has been made in that account and we never filed any tax returns in USA.

We've been married for 4 years by the time we come back to US. We have a 2.5 yrs old son and our second baby is on the way (expected in May). We've loads of pictures together and wonderful relationship :)

What is the best that we can do in order to provide evidence for I-751? My GC expires by 25th march and we plan to arrive in US by the end of January. I'd highly appreciate any suggestions.

What I have in mind is that as soon as we arrive:

• Get a joint lease agreement
  • Open a joint bank account and put couple of thosand pounds in it
  • Get a car in our names
  • Get family health insurance

Do you know any example who's been in the similar boat?

Regards

USC's are required by law to file tax returns on worldwide income, regardless of where they live. Most of the time there is no tax liability but the IRS requires that tax returns be filed.

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/intern...d=97324,00.html

So probably a trip to a tax accountant is in order anyway, and then you can add tax returns to your list of evidence.

Good luck!

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.