BinhJerome

Marry X-MAS!!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I wanted to wish all of you here a merry christmas. For those of you that have been denied, have hope and stay strong, to those of you that have been approved, be very thankful that your journes is over. For those of you waiting on an interview or waiting AP stay strong and know that eventually it will all work out, maybe not as originally planned, but in the end if your love is strong you will be together and that is all that mattere!!

Merry Christmas!!

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I wanted to wish all of you here a merry christmas. For those of you that have been denied, have hope and stay strong, to those of you that have been approved, be very thankful that your journes is over. For those of you waiting on an interview or waiting AP stay strong and know that eventually it will all work out, maybe not as originally planned, but in the end if your love is strong you will be together and that is all that mattere!!

Merry Christmas!!

what are you going to do in vietnam? I feel like moving there too because the rebuttal will take another year but somehow I need to to earn a living there. My fiance got the blue sheet oct. 15 and uscis says I will hear from them 120 days after they get paperwork back from vietnam which hasn't happened yet. I'm curious if you used a lawyer, I did and it didn't help me a bit. I'm in the same boat as you, you're not alone.

Merry Christmas!!

My heart goes out to the both of you, J

HCMC is a tough room to play

Your pics show your friends that your feeling is true

Best of luck to you both in the year that is new :thumbs:

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
what are you going to do in vietnam? I feel like moving there too because the rebuttal will take another year but somehow I need to to earn a living there. My fiance got the blue sheet oct. 15 and uscis says I will hear from them 120 days after they get paperwork back from vietnam which hasn't happened yet. I'm curious if you used a lawyer, I did and it didn't help me a bit. I'm in the same boat as you, you're not alone.

What I am going to do is teach in Vietnam, it is a great profession with many oppertunities, if you are not from Vietnam, the jobs are easy to get, some schools will hire people without a degree, but if you have a 4 year degree like myself then you should not have any problems getting a job over there teaching. I hired an attorney after the denial to take it up with USCIS in America, and they admitted I "Should" have recieved the visa but they could not issue because of protocal and it would have to be issued in HCMC, and we could do the rebuttal or refile, and they were looking into emplimenting new checks to make sure such things do not happen all the time bla bla bla. Basically they said yes you are right but bend over and deal with it. Good luck on what ever you decide to do.

Jerome

Thanks, and the best for your family as well!

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

How many times has your fiance interviewed? What's the difference between refile and rebuttal? Do you know how much you can make teaching? I feel like I'm worse off now than at the beginning because I have to wait 4 months to get a letter from USCIS before the next step so it's the ol' hurry up and wait. I met others at the US consulate in saigon who have the same problem. I'm already at 18 months since paperwork was first sent off.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.