CdnMN

The weatherman is the Grinch

41 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh I hear you on that! I am on that site all the time at travel time. That and accuweather.com which has the best weather and FAA flight stats and stuff like that.

It's so easy to become obsessive over this sort of stuff, isn't it?

Can't wait 'til I don't give a hoot about what the weather holds and if the airport is backed up.

hey Wyatt, if you haven't already, get yourself on Flight stats and accuweather...

Obsess with us, it'll be fun!

;)

I've been checking flightstats.com religiously to watch for delays. Flying DFW to YYZ tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait to see my lady on the other side of customs.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I hear you on that! I am on that site all the time at travel time. That and accuweather.com which has the best weather and FAA flight stats and stuff like that.

It's so easy to become obsessive over this sort of stuff, isn't it?

Can't wait 'til I don't give a hoot about what the weather holds and if the airport is backed up.

hey Wyatt, if you haven't already, get yourself on Flight stats and accuweather...

Obsess with us, it'll be fun!

;)

Oooh. I've only been doing Weather.com. Okay, good. Another couple of sites to bookmark and obsess over. Thanks!

:P

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline
You've been lucky never to have had a problem. Here's hoping this year will go smooth as well. Last christmas I was in Nova Scotia and my honey flew up from Wisconsin. What was suppose to be a six hour total flight, ended up being three days before he reached me, and lost luggage that was never found till the day before he went back home...he came for two weeks. They flew him all over hells creation trying to get him on a connecting flight, then the agent I spoke to told me they could fly him into Montreal right away, could I pick him up there......yes, its only a 14 hr drive, let me jump on Santa's sleigh as he goes by. As I was trying to get him on a flight that came into Halifax, he actually jumped on another plane to Washington in hopes of a connecting flight, and it paid off. He arrived Christmas Eve at 1 in the afternoon. I was so happy to see him! Oh, this probably depressed you...wasn't my intent. We kinda laugh at the whole thing now. Take care, and hopefully smooth flying for you both ways. Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy the visit.

Air Canada lost my wife!

One year, while I was still in Canada waiting for processing, my wife flew up for a visit. This was just after Air Canada and Continental merged. I was at Lester B (I think the B stands for BAD), and the flight status wasn't showing on the boards. Go to Air Canada to find out what's up. They tell me, due to the recent merger, the computers don't talk nice to each other. I need to go to the Continental desk. Continental sends me back to AC desk. Yes, it was their plane, but booked under AC, so it should be on their system.

AC tells me the flight is in at the little sub terminal and she shoud be in the main terminal soon. (This is already about 1 hours late). Next I get a call from my wife......she's in Detroit. The plane she was scheduled on (The one out at the little sub terminal according to AC) never left MN due to mechinical issues. They flewe her to Detroit to catch a connecting flight to Toronto and she was supposed to be in in about 2 hours.

Gotta love the airlines. :bonk:

LPR since 2003 and will be applying for Naturalization soon. Currently working on I-130 for my son.

Timeline
UGH!

My wife has a layover in Minneapolis on Thursday. I hope everything works out okay for you...and for us!

Hey Wyatt,

She would be welcome to stay with us. We can all drink and drown our sorrows together. I could hook up a webcam to my computer and we can all cry in our beer's...or scotch...or whatever.

Seriously, I hope she gets there without any delays. At least for us, we are at home. I hate living in the airport. People look at you funny when you curl up on across a couple of chairs with a teddy bear and battery powered night light.

The good news is that, as of right now, the worst of it may miss the Twin Cities proper and go a bit north. It will still be nasty...freezing drizzle, sleet and snow....but not the 1 foot + they were thinking.

Take care and with any luck at all, we will all get to where we want to be this Christmas.

CdnMn

LPR since 2003 and will be applying for Naturalization soon. Currently working on I-130 for my son.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I'll be flying from Denver to Canada tonight and the newest storm comming in from Arizona should be hitting here this evening. If I'm lucky I fly out before it starts hitting. Good thing I have a direct flight to Canada (Toronto) and no lay overs in Chicago this year. I'm just praying I get back home Sunday and the weather is good next week too as I am flying to L.A. then driving to Vegas for New Years.

New Years always seems to be the curse time, and weather is usually always screwed up for me driving to Vegas, so last year I decided to fly and it was so much nicer. Just hope flights are going out and no damn more snow storms till Jan please...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Timeline

So my Niece gets on the flight from Calgary to Minneapolis yesterday and they have to wait (as I mentioned before she missed her connecting flights) - anyway, they are waiting and the captain says something along the lines of:

"We are being delayed because we are waiting for a second de-icing. I fly in and out of a lot of places and we don't have to wait for a second de-icing"

Then a few minutes later

"We are still waiting for a second de-icing, in the U.S. they only do one de-icing, in fact this is the only place where they ever do two de-icing runs"

:lol:

Guess it was making him a tad grouchy.

On a more somber note, one of the people who does the de-icing here in Calgary fell off of the machine yesterday and was killed, I suspect that slowed them down a bit - completely understandable.

Timeline

Thank you Santa....or NWA in this case.

NWA just issued a travel waiver for flights out of MSP....among other airports.

We need to scramble a wee bit, but we are flying out tomorrow night at 7 pm. If we didn't take that flight, NWA was saying that it would likely be Sunday at best and more like Monday before they would get us to Toronto.

So, I get a couple extra days of some good old fashioned Dutch cooking and treats.

CdnMn

So my Niece gets on the flight from Calgary to Minneapolis yesterday and they have to wait (as I mentioned before she missed her connecting flights) - anyway, they are waiting and the captain says something along the lines of:

"We are being delayed because we are waiting for a second de-icing. I fly in and out of a lot of places and we don't have to wait for a second de-icing"

Then a few minutes later

"We are still waiting for a second de-icing, in the U.S. they only do one de-icing, in fact this is the only place where they ever do two de-icing runs"

:lol:

Guess it was making him a tad grouchy.

On a more somber note, one of the people who does the de-icing here in Calgary fell off of the machine yesterday and was killed, I suspect that slowed them down a bit - completely understandable.

Was she visiting MN or just passing through?

Timeline
Just connecting to a flight to Omaha

Seems nobody but me gets to MN and just stays. I'm thinking I must have made the wrong decision years ago. I know I should have made a left turn at Albuquerque (as Bugs would say)

Timeline
Oooh. I've only been doing Weather.com. Okay, good. Another couple of sites to bookmark and obsess over. Thanks!

:P

I spend a good deal of my work hours on the road, and flightstats is my go to most of the time.

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2009-05-09

I-130 Sent : 2009-05-26

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-03

I-130 Approved : 2009-08-21

NVC Received : 2009-09-01

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-09-09

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-09-09

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-09-15

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-09-13

Receive IV Bill : 2009-09-24

Pay IV Bill : 2009-09-25

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-11-06

Consulate Received : 2009-11-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-10-16

Packet 4 Received : 2010-01-22

Interview Date : 2010-03-11

Interview Result : Approved

Thank you Santa....or NWA in this case.

NWA just issued a travel waiver for flights out of MSP....among other airports.

Thanks so much for this info. My wife is flying on NWA.

I've just called and left a message for her, seeing if she wants to look into rescheduling so that her flight doesn't stop in the Midwest.

I hope she agrees...

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Woo hoo!!

My wife was able to switch to a flight that has a layover in Atlanta instead. No snow in the forecast there! :D

Thanks CdnMN...and thanks NWA! Makes me a very happy camper indeed!

I don't exactly know why Reagan was so bad. I'm guessing they didn't have as much snow removal / deicing equipment as the other two local airports. IAD (Dulles) and Baltimore do a lot more international flights too, so perhaps they get a bigger budget? I've never flown through Dulles, so I really don't know what it's like. Reagan is a relatively small airport.

Just be glad you're flying into Baltimore!

Apparently my honey said that the gate agent told him when he wasn't sure if he should to take the Washington flight into Dulles, that it was his best bet to get a connecting flight into Canada that wasn't booked solid. She recommends it to most travelers when weather is an issue to try and get where they want to go.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wyatt,

Hopefully there will be no problems with weather delays, although sometimes Atlanta experiences delays because of waiting for planes to arrive from snow-bound locations or they can't fly to a snow-bound location. Let us know if, heaven forbid, your wife runs into any delays in Atlanta. We're about 20 minutes from the airport and you can always consider us a 'backup' if her Atlanta connection flight is delayed or cancelled and she is facing a long wait here. I'll pm you my phone number.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

To further what Kathryn said - Atlanta is a major hub for quite a few airlines and if they get backed up at other airports, Atlanta is going to be affected. The most important part about getting your wife out here - LEAVE EARLY. When we few in March, if we had left in the morning, we would've gotten to Florida in one day - not in two.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.