spectheintro

Evidence at the interview.

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

So, up until now, I've kept triplicate copies of everything I've submitted to USCIS and the NVC. In addition, I have a wedding album (20 professional shots of my wife and I) and around 300 pictures (of the wedding, our time together in Iran, and a vacation we took to Dubai during the summer), phone bills, ticket stubs, emails, etc. So here's my concern: how the heck do I organize this? The application things are organized, insofar as I have two complete packet copies, but the ticket stubs, the phone bills, all of that, should I have this in a binder? Should the photos (which I had printed, so I have a bunch of 4x6s) be put into another album, or can I just bring the photos themselves? I'm just not sure how organized the additional evidence needs to be--I mean, does taking 5 seconds to find something, vs. 15, make a huge difference?

So, up until now, I've kept triplicate copies of everything I've submitted to USCIS and the NVC. In addition, I have a wedding album (20 professional shots of my wife and I) and around 300 pictures (of the wedding, our time together in Iran, and a vacation we took to Dubai during the summer), phone bills, ticket stubs, emails, etc. So here's my concern: how the heck do I organize this? The application things are organized, insofar as I have two complete packet copies, but the ticket stubs, the phone bills, all of that, should I have this in a binder? Should the photos (which I had printed, so I have a bunch of 4x6s) be put into another album, or can I just bring the photos themselves? I'm just not sure how organized the additional evidence needs to be--I mean, does taking 5 seconds to find something, vs. 15, make a huge difference?

You need to get a big binder and dividers And some of those clear packets were you put paper on i hope yuou understand what im talking about and label each divider Emails-Phone records-letters- ect I hope you understand what im trying to say ill find more and tell you

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

do yo really want to send 300 photos?!!!!!!!! why? 10-20 of them is enough, just print them in color on letter paper or make a photo album out of them, I printed 3 photo in color on each page and stapled them together, also i sent them a 10 page photo album of our engangment.

you should be fine, if every thign is reall.

just don't worry and be relax.

don't forget to put a cover letter and write what is in the package.

Good luck.

Ok with the Divider this is how it should look

Index_Paper_Tabs_Binder.jpg

An label each colored tab with whats going there texts-pictures of wedding-Random Pictures- Ect

and this is what the Clear project protectors im talking about

61003.jpg so you wont have to hole punch your papers you just slide em in and put them in the binder.

I hope you get what im saying its realy east and you will be very prepared and know were to find everything. it what im doing

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

02-20-11

02-27-11

Timeline
do yo really want to send 300 photos?!!!!!!!! why? 10-20 of them is enough, just print them in color on letter paper or make a photo album out of them, I printed 3 photo in color on each page and stapled them together, also i sent them a 10 page photo album of our engangment.

you should be fine, if every thign is reall.

just don't worry and be relax.

don't forget to put a cover letter and write what is in the package.

Good luck.

KGH--Thanks for the feedback, but I think I may not have communicated clearly. I've already submitted all of my evidence for USCIS and NVC. Now I'm getting ready to go to Abu Dhabi, where my wife will have her interview, and I'm wondering how I should present additional evidence there. I don't plan on bringing all 300 photos with me, but the photos I do bring, I'm wondering if I should have them in an album, or if it's ok to just have them in a small box and take them out to show them. Similarly with additional documents: phone bills, ticket stubs, etc; I'm just wondering how the embassies prefer being shown additional evidence.

Muslimqueen--Thank you for the suggestion. I was leaning down this road myself: a binder with clear plastic sheets. Since the additional evidence isn't too heavy (I'm not going to print out 500 e-mails; the major thing will probably be photos), this could be the easiest way to do it. I'll also bring copies of each application packet (USCIS and NVC) with me to the embassy in case they need any additional evidence.

KGH--Thanks for the feedback, but I think I may not have communicated clearly. I've already submitted all of my evidence for USCIS and NVC. Now I'm getting ready to go to Abu Dhabi, where my wife will have her interview, and I'm wondering how I should present additional evidence there. I don't plan on bringing all 300 photos with me, but the photos I do bring, I'm wondering if I should have them in an album, or if it's ok to just have them in a small box and take them out to show them. Similarly with additional documents: phone bills, ticket stubs, etc; I'm just wondering how the embassies prefer being shown additional evidence.

Muslimqueen--Thank you for the suggestion. I was leaning down this road myself: a binder with clear plastic sheets. Since the additional evidence isn't too heavy (I'm not going to print out 500 e-mails; the major thing will probably be photos), this could be the easiest way to do it. I'll also bring copies of each application packet (USCIS and NVC) with me to the embassy in case they need any additional evidence.

Yah I have alot of text messages and only gonna add like 6 pages of yahoo messages and the letter we sent each other and the pics and phone records. Not alot.

02-20-11

02-27-11

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

They probably won't really look through your pictures. I just included a few sheets with thumbnails of our photos that I printed off my computer with some text detailing which relatives/friends were in the pics. That way you can fit about a hundred pics on 3-4 sheets of paper for them to glance at.

Timeline
They probably won't really look through your pictures. I just included a few sheets with thumbnails of our photos that I printed off my computer with some text detailing which relatives/friends were in the pics. That way you can fit about a hundred pics on 3-4 sheets of paper for them to glance at.

Thanks. Any word on your AP yet?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

We put our documents in clear expandable folders and manilla folders in that with labels. I put them in order of when I thought they would be needed (things asked for first up front, etc, back-up documents probably not needed in the back). We had two packed expandable folders. However, they didn't look at any of our evidence, even when I offered. :-P

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I just wanted to wish you luck on the upcoming interview.

.·*¨) ¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨*

(¸.*´ ¸.·´*'~*Ney~* (¸.*´~*

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.

- JW von Goeth

----------------------------------------------------------------

A special shout out to a wonderful lady named Jenna and the love of her life Faut!!!

LAF~

Timeline for my wonderful son & beautiful future daughter

08/27/09 K-1 Package Mailed

09/01/09 NOA1

10/14/09 NOA2 (43 Days from NOA1)

10/16/09 NVC Recieved

10/21/09 Forwarded to US Embassy in UAE

02/21/10 Interview (173 Days from NOA)

02/22/10 AP

03/07/10 Visa is ready for pick up

03/12/10 They are going to Dubai for her visa

03/18/10 Visa in hand!

4/2/2010 POE - Washington DC

4/3/2010 Arrive in Memphis

4/7/2010 Marriage by Imam! 1st Wedding

4/9/2010 Cinderella Wedding! 2nd Wedding

Officially Husband & Wife!!!

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
Thanks. Any word on your AP yet?

No. :( When I emailed NVC they told me to contact the embassy. When I emailed the embassy they told me to just go on their website and check each week for our case number to appear. I will try to call DOS on Monday or Tuesday. Would they be able to look up a case if all you have is the embassy case number? Only having the embassy case number is the reason NVC told me to just contact the embassy.

Timeline
good luck, spec :dance:

Thanks Sister K! :) Best of luck to you too--we're (literally) in this together!

Der Buch: do you not have the USCIS number for your case? I'm not sure what an "embassy case number" is--can you explain where you got this number? The case number the embassy normally uses is the NVC number, meaning that it begins with ABD2009XXXXXX. That number should be plenty for the NVC and plenty for the DOS. If you have your USCIS case number, the NVC should be able to give you an NVC number from it. (Although, I know the NVC processes K-1s and K-3s differently, so I don't know how they assign K-visas numbers.)

Edited by spectheintro

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

yes, sir. hoping we both get the right outcome :dance:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.