oregon30

if visa denied

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi does any body know what would happen if the visa is denied because of what I make is not enough to sponsor my fiancee? do I have to re apply? or do I have time to file a new I-134 with co-sponsor and reschedule an interview? I am just hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

Thanks in advance.

Hi does any body know what would happen if the visa is denied because of what I make is not enough to sponsor my fiancee? do I have to re apply? or do I have time to file a new I-134 with co-sponsor and reschedule an interview? I am just hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

Thanks in advance.

If you don't qualify financially and can't support a wife why not wait until you can? :thumbs:

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you would be able to submit a co-sponsor.

You ought to be able to determine if you meet the requirements beforehand unless you are using assets as part of your I-134. The CO does have latitude on what assets can be accepted.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline
That is an extremely unhelpful response!!! How does that answer the OP question?

My questions is because in the poverty table say the amount per person right? I pay child support for two of my kids, but I don't claim them as my dependents, so what number should I be looking at that table to determine if I need a co-sponsor or not ?

thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
My questions is because in the poverty table say the amount per person right? I pay child support for two of my kids, but I don't claim them as my dependents, so what number should I be looking at that table to determine if I need a co-sponsor or not ?

thanks

There has been some discussion of this question here on VJ. The I-134 isn't as binding as the I-864 which is filed at the Adjustment of Status stage. Many embassies/consulates do follow the requirements of the I-864 in K visa cases.

For the I-864 it states that the household size includes children under 21 even if you do not have legal custody. You ought to check with others here on VJ that have gone through Kiev for specific feedback regarding the I-134 there.

It does sound like for the I-864 your household size will be 4 (you, 2 kids, and fiancee).

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
If you don't qualify financially and can't support a wife why not wait until you can? :thumbs:

Non-helpful posts aren't needed. When are you going to learn this?

Reported.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

That is an extremely unhelpful response!!! How does that answer the OP question?

:P:pop::jest:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks in advance.

Preparing for the worst means having a co-sponsor if you are uncomfortable with your financail situation. Otherwise you are just hoping for the best.

You would get a 221g stating the deficiency and be given time to correct it, this means get a co-sponsor. If you aren't sure, just get a co-sponsor and stop worrying

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

thanks

Your children ARE your dependents, whether you claim them on taxes or not. Unless they are over age 21 and/or emanicipated they DO count.

The poverty tables list the amount you need to make (gross) for your family size, NOT per person. Your family size is 4.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I thought it was an honest opinion... Maybe this poster meant no harm... not necessarily the way I would answer, but....Just MY opinion.. :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I'm sort of worrying the same thing - this year has been a strange one on paper -- went back to consulting after getting laid off in March; have been making enough money for everything but won't really know until I file.

I've sent in my tax transcripts for the past 3 years which show I've been making 100k; however two of those are when I was still married (my ex didn't work) and the last shows my alimony as well, so it's more like 40k.

The ironic thing is that my fiance has been to see me 3x since last year, staying here 90 days each -- *and* unable to work. So if I've been able to support her *then* I certainly could once she was married and able to work as well.

The sad thing is I'm a computer geek, doing mostly remote work now as I've moved up to a more rural area to be near my daughter after the divorce, rather then being right outside of NYC which I was when married.

I asked my parents to co-sponsor but they pretty much refused because they didn't want an obligation to me.

I don't really have anyone else to ask that'd I'd impose upon. There's one more friend I might but would hate to do so - and he would do it because he went through something similar with his wife, and understands I wouldn't ever ask anything of him. But I hate to ask, but am still very very nervous...

Edited by D_G

'Love - Life - Loyalty'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Just wanted to add that if the embassy is worried about that 90 days she's here while she can't work -- well, as stated she's already been with me 270 days out of the past year and a half, and has already planned to come here for 90 days whether she gets the fiance visa or not - so it seems, logically, that it'd be 'fine' -- but government is rarely logical...

'Love - Life - Loyalty'

Timeline
Just wanted to add that if the embassy is worried about that 90 days she's here while she can't work -- well, as stated she's already been with me 270 days out of the past year and a half, and has already planned to come here for 90 days whether she gets the fiance visa or not - so it seems, logically, that it'd be 'fine' -- but government is rarely logical...

They do not care how many days she has been here or who piad for it. You need to show you have enough income to meet the guidelines to support your fiancee. If you do not, you need a co-sponsor. There is no logic to your thinking, the government does not use logic. They ONLY care how they will collect their money back if she becomes a public charge. They DO NOT care how she will be supported, they DO NOT care if she lives in a refrigerator box and eats dog food, they ONLY care whose wages they will garnish or bank account they will freeze or assets they will freeze. Never, ever, make the mistake that the government will try to reason how you will support her. That is not the purpose of the affidavit of support.

You should use a bank letter showing deposits to your personal account to prove current income plus your last three years tax returns. Alimony makes no difference, they care only about line 22, total income. whatever your bank deposits are for the last 12 months, that is your CURRENT income to claim on the I-134.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.