sivad

allergic reactions !!!!!! or ???????

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

has anyone else's sweety experienced allergic welts for the first couple of weeks when she first got here,on her forum,they even show pictures of this allergy they get........is it nerves.....or something else????????

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely it's just nerves. If the problem persist for an extended length of time (month or longer), I would take her to a dermatologist just to be on the safe side.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Try some OTC Benadryl for allergies.

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Try wearing a condom.

Sorry dude, had to throw that out there.

Stuff like this isn't uncommon. I got a little bit of an allergic reaction on the plane going to Russia (should've worn a condom too!) but it cleared up with a little herpes cream (long story) from the apteka. Anyway, when everything you come in contact with is brand new to your immune system, it's no surprise things like this can happen. As AKguy said, try an OTC topical cream and if that doesn't work, introduce her to our pre-government-takeover American health care system.

Just out of curiosity, can you post a link to the pics? I haven't heard of this particular issue so I'd like to read a little more on it.

Good luck!

Oh, also, this is a great opportunity to share a little "been married to a Russian for three years now" knowledge. Russian women expect to be f'king pampred for every little bump, bruise, owwie, throat tickle, sniffle, irritation and general malady. You can set the tone now for being "that guy" that's there to caress her shoulders and hold her hair back when she throws up, or you can be "that guy" that tells her to take a shot of vodka, a few Aleve, and get back to work. You decide! But decide now because if you choose one and then switch later, there's hell to pay!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Sivad, can you send the link for her forum?

Slim, does a little alcohol as cure for hangover really work, in your experience? In theory it makes sense -- like a miniature detox to ease the withdrawal which is part of the hangover (along with toxins and dehdration). I have just never had the stomach for it.

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Slim, does a little alcohol as cure for hangover really work, in your experience? In theory it makes sense -- like a miniature detox to ease the withdrawal which is part of the hangover (along with toxins and dehdration). I have just never had the stomach for it.

Alcohol does not cure the hangover, it just gives you that "good" feeling, because the body is going back to absorbing alcohol instead of breaking it down (breakdown of formaldehydes is what's making you feel so sick in the first place)

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline
Try wearing a condom.

Sorry dude, had to throw that out there.

Stuff like this isn't uncommon. I got a little bit of an allergic reaction on the plane going to Russia (should've worn a condom too!) but it cleared up with a little herpes cream (long story) from the apteka. Anyway, when everything you come in contact with is brand new to your immune system, it's no surprise things like this can happen. As AKguy said, try an OTC topical cream and if that doesn't work, introduce her to our pre-government-takeover American health care system.

Just out of curiosity, can you post a link to the pics? I haven't heard of this particular issue so I'd like to read a little more on it.

Good luck!

Oh, also, this is a great opportunity to share a little "been married to a Russian for three years now" knowledge. Russian women expect to be f'king pampred for every little bump, bruise, owwie, throat tickle, sniffle, irritation and general malady. You can set the tone now for being "that guy" that's there to caress her shoulders and hold her hair back when she throws up, or you can be "that guy" that tells her to take a shot of vodka, a few Aleve, and get back to work. You decide! But decide now because if you choose one and then switch later, there's hell to pay!

That all depends on which way you switch. There is truth to the advice to always be a hard-liner at first. Nobody objects if you get softer over time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
has anyone else's sweety experienced allergic welts for the first couple of weeks when she first got here,on her forum,they even show pictures of this allergy they get........is it nerves.....or something else????????

The best bet is to seek a professional medical opinion, unless anyone here or any forum has an MD at the end of their name and can prove it, their opinions do not hold much water, mine included.

Sometimes due to prolonged high stress situations ppl's bodies will have some strange reactions. Hives, rash, etc...

Perhaps she may have a allergic reaction to the detergent you are using or something similar to that?

Best to see a doctor and get a referral to a dermatologist.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The best diagnosis I have found for it is called "STD" :devil:

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

it's bad to do it.

Первый блин комом.

Timeline

Funny Slim, I had a similar thing happen to me when I went to Russia. My hand broke out in tiny little welts (yeah yeah, lay it on me ;) ) And then I got to experience a Russian clinic to draw my blood... turned out to be just something I was allergic to somewhere. Some cream and I was good.

As for drinking and the next day to feel better, don't forget the dehydration factor. Best thing you can do, if you can remember, is to drink A LOT of water the night before. Continue the next day to rehydrate your body and flush out the toxins.

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Funny Slim, I had a similar thing happen to me when I went to Russia. My hand broke out in tiny little welts (yeah yeah, lay it on me ;) ) And then I got to experience a Russian clinic to draw my blood... turned out to be just something I was allergic to somewhere. Some cream and I was good.

As for drinking and the next day to feel better, don't forget the dehydration factor. Best thing you can do, if you can remember, is to drink A LOT of water the night before. Continue the next day to rehydrate your body and flush out the toxins.

Two aspirins and a slug of milk before you go to bed or pass out works wonders for the next morning.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ah Slim, not just Russian ladies, I have a wonderful Ukrainian that has the same need to be babied when she has any of life's maladies :cry: ...That's ok, I like pampering her. :pop:

No longer in the hands of the USCIS, for my wife at least, next up MIL.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
don't forget the dehydration factor. Best thing you can do, if you can remember, is to drink A LOT of water the night before. Continue the next day to rehydrate your body and flush out the toxins.

Best thing I have found is to drink some sports drink, i.e. Gatorade, the hangover feel is usually the result of dehydration. You don't need to drink too much either 16oz bottle is more than enough. Hate drinking lots of water, just means I have to get up several times to drain the vein.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.