kidolinoire

How long does it take to reopen my I-751?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi,

I filed I-290B the day after receiving notice of decision: denial due to abandonment from California Service Center. (12/15/2009)

For some reason, USPS returned the RFE to USCIS as undeliverable, unable to forward.

USCIS denied my case for not replying to the RFE that was I never received.

I have a trip planned for Feb 2010 with plane tickets purchased.

Have just contacted local senators.

Was just wondering,

what time frame are we looking at for them to reopen my I-751?

Thanks!

Edited by kidolinoire

Make an infopass appointment with your local office and go and see them and explain what has happened, take along the letter of denial to show that you still get mail at your address, tell them that the other letter in question was not delivered by USPS, so therefore you have not abandoned your residence here in the US. Ask them to review it based on a postal mistake, I am sure that someone will help you at your local office once they see that you have recieved all other mail from USIS including the Abandonment letter. Be calm and don't loose your temper with them. It's worth a shot in the dark to see what will happen.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Make an infopass appointment with your local office and go and see them and explain what has happened, take along the letter of denial to show that you still get mail at your address, tell them that the other letter in question was not delivered by USPS, so therefore you have not abandoned your residence here in the US. Ask them to review it based on a postal mistake, I am sure that someone will help you at your local office once they see that you have recieved all other mail from USIS including the Abandonment letter. Be calm and don't loose your temper with them. It's worth a shot in the dark to see what will happen.

Thanks for the advice. My husband and I did that, and also consulted an immigration lawyer before submitting I290B.

The problem is I'm in Seattle, but my case was denied by California Service Center.

It hasn't made it's way here yet.

So there's nothing much the field office can do other than sending them an inner office inquiry.

But by the time someone from California respond to that inquiry,

it would have taken too much time.

I only have a 30 day deadline given by CSC to respond to letter of denial.

Either refile I751 or file motion to reopen.

At least I don't need to do biometrics again if I were to choose to file I751 again.

Was told that biometrics are good for 15 months.

Just FYI for anyone who might be the same sticky situation.

Filed: Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I sent my motion to reopen in 22 october . they told me to wait 90 work days , but yesterday my husband called them and thanks GOD, they transfered my papers to memphis and in few days i will go there to get a paper i can go and travel .......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.