noura

K1, K3, CR1???

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok, so today's really the "birth" day! and I am having the best morning!!! I was awakened by the voice of my wonderful habibi. He sang "Happy Birthday" to me in Arabic, French, and English!!! luv.gif and then..... I got to tell him about the gift I bought myself at midnite last nite - drumroll, please...... I bought a ticket to Morocco and I am going to be w/ my love for 3 weeks!!!! I really have no business being gone that long, but I've got to go and I've got to do it. So, in 6 weeks, I will be in the arms of the man I love so dearly and I will get to meet my beautiful stepdaughter!

Soooo, I know that I've read this many times, but I just want to be sure about the logistics of it all. We have not actually submitted papers *yet* for K1. Said suggested that we get married while I'm there. My understanding, so far, is that the visa process will take much longer for K3 and CR1 than K1. K1 is taking avg. abt 6 months, right? and K3/CR1 are taking a year or more, correct?

So if that's really the case, I'd rather wait on the marriage and get him here sooner.

Suggetions, comments, advice anyone? I'm asking the VJ pro's out here.... :help:

Thanks a million! Being 40 and marrying the man I love - this is going to be the best year ever!

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Ok, so today's really the "birth" day! and I am having the best morning!!! I was awakened by the voice of my wonderful habibi. He sang "Happy Birthday" to me in Arabic, French, and English!!! luv.gif and then..... I got to tell him about the gift I bought myself at midnite last nite - drumroll, please...... I bought a ticket to Morocco and I am going to be w/ my love for 3 weeks!!!! I really have no business being gone that long, but I've got to go and I've got to do it. So, in 6 weeks, I will be in the arms of the man I love so dearly and I will get to meet my beautiful stepdaughter!

Soooo, I know that I've read this many times, but I just want to be sure about the logistics of it all. We have not actually submitted papers *yet* for K1. Said suggested that we get married while I'm there. My understanding, so far, is that the visa process will take much longer for K3 and CR1 than K1. K1 is taking avg. abt 6 months, right? and K3/CR1 are taking a year or more, correct?

So if that's really the case, I'd rather wait on the marriage and get him here sooner.

Suggetions, comments, advice anyone? I'm asking the VJ pro's out here.... :help:

Thanks a million! Being 40 and marrying the man I love - this is going to be the best year ever!

Noura

Happy birthday!

The K3 and CR1 generally do take longer. The CR-1 has benefits in that they get their green card right away, can work and travel without AP. The K3 also allows you to travel without AP. Since you said you care about getting him here sooner, than K1 is probably your best route.

Timeline

Thanks so much for your help Rebecca (F) ... and thanks for the birthday wishes! :D

Have a great day!

Noura

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Look at you doing whatever-the-hell-you want.... I love how you make decisions!!! I'm glad you are going out there, hopefully the next few weeks will go very quickly for you. It does take longer to get the marriage visas, but now that the wait is (for the most part) behind me, I am glad we did it this way. Is his daughter coming with him? If so, I would lean toward the cr-1, but you'll know whats best for you.

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Timeline

Dawn, thanks for your input... his daughter will be joining us but probably later.... I'm not sure of the timeline w/ that. If we file CR1 then the timing might actually work out for her to come w/ him... We need to talk abt it more.

However, is there somewhere I can look at the 3 different visas and what the difference is b/t them all in one place (I need brief overviews, i get too overloaded w/ oodles of paperwork and won't read any of it!)? I will explain them to him also and see what we decide to do.

If anyone has this info handy, please let me know - I will be online w/ him in a few hours.

Thanks so much!

Noura

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi Noura,

i think the K1 visa is the best choice for you because to get married in Morocco will take time at least 2 or 3 weeks you don t want to spend your time in Morocco doing the paper work?!my husband and i spend 20 days o get married and with an autorney's help (my uncle)!

good luck and happy birthday! (F)

However, is there somewhere I can look at the 3 different visas and what the difference is b/t them all in one place (I need brief overviews, i get too overloaded w/ oodles of paperwork and won't read any of it!)? I will explain them to him also and see what we decide to do.

If anyone has this info handy, please let me know - I will be online w/ him in a few hours.

Thanks so much!

Noura

hope that helps

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=compare

Farah

dev296pr___.png

My blog

quick funny jokes

http://www.mentallyjumbled.com/

01-22-2006:arrived to Miami airport with CR1 visa

02-06-2006 :Received 1st Welcome to America Notice

02-08-2006 :Received 2nd Welcome to America Notice

02-10-2006:Received GREEN CARD!!! EXP 01/22/2008

10-12-2007: I-751 received at TSC

12-01-2007 NOA For 1-Year Extention RECEIVED from CSC

12-20-2007:BIOMETRICS

1-12-2008-Card production-email notification received

1-15-2008:Approval notice -email notification received

1-18-2008: 10 y green card arrived!!

12-03-2008: N 400 RECEIVED at TSC

12-09-2008: CHECK $675 cashed

12-12-2008:NOA RECEIVED

03-30-2009: biometric date received locaton:Oakland park,FL

04-13-2009:biometrics

06-19-2008:INTERVIEW

06-24-2009:oath ceremony

Timeline

Hey Farah,

thanks - that's exactly what i needed!!! :thumbs::lol: I hope you're enjoying being w/ your husband and adjustments are going smoothly! Thanks again!

Noura

Filed: Timeline

Noura, You can go to timelines and do searches on each type of visa just for Morocco, or even just do the K1 and K3 search for Morocco and compare the timelines that are all on the screen together. It will give you the ability to see how long each one takes and the number of each kind that has been approved in Morocco in the past couple of years.

Timeline

Happy birthday to you; Personally I did the CR-1 and it's been excuse my french "HELL" the waiting the paperwork and now the wait for the name check. But when it's all over the good husband and the babies can do what they want they will be here and he will be a resident (permanent) So it's not all bad. But if you know in your heart you can't wait and it would literally kill you to wait then do K-1 please don't expect him to work right away and know that with that process you will have more work and more money to spend in the long run. I have seen it! Alot of the paperwork you do now you will have to redo it because you will have to do adjustment forms for his status which cost money. Papers to get him to work which is more money I mean seriously you will see how much more you will do but if money is no object to you go for the K-1 if it is and you want to wait and you can wait then K-3 but CR-1 is no joke sweetie that's for the ones who know in thier mind they will have to wait unless you can spend money going back and forth because it will be a little while. Whatever you choose get ready to do it and do it quickly and with that said while you are there let him sign all the papers that you can sign to get that out the way so you won't have to send it to him. Take all of what you can cut the cost. OK. I hope you have a wonderful time though in Morocco good luck with your process.

Keandra

"Love is not finding someone to live with, it's finding one you can't live with out!
~K.Moussaoui

The total cost right now for adjustment of status, work permit, and travel permit is $745. Of course you also have to get passport photos made (6) and make copies and mail. It is expensive, but well worth it to be able to be with Abdel. Now if the stupid post office will just let me know my package has been delivered! It's only been a few days so of course the checks haven't cleared my account for me to tell that way.

Good luck Noura.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I can tell you right now if we thought for one second we would be having the problems we are with the K1 visa...we would have gotten married in Morocco and filed the K3. Now the time we will have to wait for a decision on our case is going to be huge...if we are denied then we will get married in Morocco and file the K3...even more waiting. I also know now that there is no specific evidence in our case for a denial...the consular officer was not satisfied with the validity of our relationship. Thus, the decision (albeit ridiculous) to send it back to the US for review and final decision by the USCIS.

You should seriously weigh not only the timeframes for each, but the possiblilities of the outcome for each visa type before making a final decision.

For Morocco right now more than ever K1 visas are being sent back to the United States for review (soft denial) via 221g and flat out denial via 212. And we have very strong proof...much more proof than many people who have actually been approved going through Morocco and are now reunited with their loved ones here in the United States.

Think hard about your options...

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Timeline

Kiya Im glad to see your not giving up!! Just incase you cant get the Fiance visa dont mean you cant be together or there isnt other ways. I contacted two senators from where I live one didnt do much just called the National Visa Center and they told the same line I already knew. But the one right now is really trying to help they are now dealing with Morocco to find out what the hold up is. I wish you luck!! But dont let them get you down for some reason they seem to think Islams are the only people who would do harm on a visa so they have to be harder on them. It dont make sense we go through more at the interviews just cause of where they are from!

Kiya, I really feel bad for you because at the time we were all giving you our opinion the K-1 was the option of choice. I work with a lady who got denied for the K-3 and still hasn't heard anything on her CR-1. She had an RFE last January but that has been over a year now, so really she should have heard something by now. Her attorney just refiled the K-3 for her and she is going to Morocco to spend a few weeks with her husband in March.

Her experiences were what prompted me to find Visa Journey and do research before I just went there and got married. I have also been aware of several other visas that were not logged on here and from all that I have seen, the K1 does have a higher approval chance.

Unfortunately, like you say, the chances of Morocco actually looking at the package you send are about 25% or less. I've seen visas get approved when the benificiary came here and told us he didn't even have a valid affidavit of support, and then other cases like yours. Sometimes it just feels like they throw all applications for the day into a hat and the first 10 they pull out get visas and the rest get denied.

Noura, It looks like the odds for the two types of visas are starting to even out, so it would seem that the most logical thing to use to make your decision would be how long you want to be apart. Either way you have a chance of not getting approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.