5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I am a new member to Visa Journey. But, I must say this site has been very helpful to me. My fiance and I just completed the first step of the K-1 process. He was approved and is scheduled to arrive in January 2010.. I am stuck of what is the next step. I know that we need to marry in 90 days. But, once that happens what is next? I think I am suppose to file for an adjustment of his status. What form number is that, what exactly does that entail. Do I need to submit the marriage certificate with the form.

Lastly, can we still get married at Justice of the Peace, if he does not have a social security number.help, Help. I am totally confused about the next step/prcoess. :unsure::unsure:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You should post this in the K1 forums. But once you get married, you have to adjust status and yes it requires a marriage certificate. You do not need a social security number to get married. You will find a lot of help by clicking on the K1 process guides by clicking on guides at the top of this page. Hope this helps and good luck on your journey!

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You should post this in the K1 forums. But once you get married, you have to adjust status and yes it requires a marriage certificate. You do not need a social security number to get married. You will find a lot of help by clicking on the K1 process guides by clicking on guides at the top of this page. Hope this helps and good luck on your journey!

thank you so much. I try what you said to me. Thank you again. This this just bring a lot anxiety. I completed one task and now it seems like I have many more steps to go.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

I am a new member to Visa Journey. But, I must say this site has been very helpful to me. My fiance and I just completed the first step of the K-1 process. He was approved and is scheduled to arrive in January 2010. I am stuck of what is the next step. I know that we need to marry in 90 days. But, once that happens what is next? I think I am suppose to file for an adjustment of his status. What form number is that, what exactly does that entail. Do I need to submit the marriage certificate with the form.

Lastly, can we still get married at Justice of the Peace, if he does not have a social security number.help, Help. I am totally confused about the next step/prcoess. :unsure::unsure:

I just completed the first step of the K-1 process.

Keep in mind it is not the visa that is approved, it's the application that has been approved. You still have to go thru NVC (National Visa Center) and on to the Embassy. Please fill in your timeline because it helps others to see where you are in the process and how they can help answer your questions.

He was approved and is scheduled to arrive in January 2010

Where is he scheduled to come to? The US? I highly doubt it because he didn't go thru the above that I mentioned.

What date is on your NOA? I would wait about 2 weeks after the date and start calling NVC to see if they have received your case. You will need your case number off your NOA2.

There is more after this but I don't want to give you too much at once and confuse you.

If I can be of futher assistance, let me know. You should also join the yardie thread. Very helpful sistas in there!

Good luck! :star:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You need to fill in your timeline i dont think he was approved. I think the PETITION was approved not the visa. You need to explain more before he buys the ticket !! if he has not gone to a medical or interview and recived the visa in his passport then you need to try and get your money back for the ticket asap.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.