boy1980

Cover letter from NVC

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

1. I received the RFE from NVC for missing police certificates. I took the RFE email to police officials to apply for Police certificate.

2. My local police officials (Hyderabad,India) refuse RFE letter and asked the beneficiary to get the cover letter from NVC.

3. My question/request is,

3a. Did anybody went through the same situation in Hyderabad,India? If yes, please guide.

3b. I need a good format email to write to NVC requesting for cover letter which can be used as a proof to obtain for police certificate.

Early response is very much appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
1. I received the RFE from NVC for missing police certificates. I took the RFE email to police officials to apply for Police certificate.

2. My local police officials (Hyderabad,India) refuse RFE letter and asked the beneficiary to get the cover letter from NVC.

3a. Did anybody went through the same situation in Hyderabad,India? If yes, please guide.

3b. I need a good format email to write to NVC requesting for cover letter which can be used as a proof to obtain for police certificate.

Did you give the NVC your email address to get notifications? Or pay for the IV bill on the website? Once the website shows paid you can print off the cover letter from the NVC.

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi boy1980,

Did you show the local police your IV fee paid status reciept or the cover letter with barcode? Also, did you show them the paid status reciept or the cover letter for the AOS with barcode? What about NOA2? Try it.

I'm assuming you submitted Packet 3. If so, is your case complete as you have recieved an RFE for Police Certificates? Did you recieve the Interview Appointment letter? If you did, show it to the police and they have to give u the clearance.

If you recieved an RFE from NVC, that is the cover letter to submit to your local police. They have to accept it otherwise call NVC and tell them the problem.

I think they are just giving you hard time. Good luck :thumbs:

P.S. Just a reminder, please update your timeline so it's easier for everyone to know your condition.

Thank you :)

CR-1/NVC
November 16, 2009: Sign-in Failed!!
November 16, 2009: December interviews already scheduled. Operator told me to wait for a possible January interview date. Call back in the 2nd week of December
November 30, 2009: Been trying to call NVC but line busy since late after noon. Finally, got email appointment letter from NVC with the Interview date of January 19, 2010. Yeppe Alhamdulillah>
December 24, 2009: Medical Done and report recieved the same day.
January 11, 2010: Medical submitted at VFS. They asked for: Copy of Packet 3, Appointment letter, and Passport. They told her to take a copy of I-864 and the documents submitted with it, at the time of interview with other proof of relationship documents.
January 19, 2010: VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 21, 2010: Visa recieved in mail (Package included passport with visa stamped, sealed big brown envelop to be submitted at POE immigration at the airport, and instructions to apply for SS Card)

USA
February 07, 2010: POE Chicago --> Very easy, within 45 minutes
March 02, 2010: SS Card recieved in mail. Welcome letter recieved in mail as well
March 13, 2010: GC Recieved in mail

January 29, 2015: N-400 Application submitted

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

boy1980,

I am from Hyderabad and applied for my parents. My parents applied at Passport Office in Hyderabad for PCC without any letters from NVC or USCIS and this was done even before the case was transferred to NVC. They went to the Passport office, filled out an application, paid the fees and submitted Original Passport and within a week they received Passport (stamped on the passport) and also a letter from Passport for PCC (in the letter they mentioned it is for USA.....).

I submitted this PCC (received from Passport Office) to NVC at the time of DS-230 and my case is completed but when the case was at NVC i read the forums about that i need PCC for local District Police....so i asked my parents to apply one at the local police station and they went to the local police station submitted an affidavit (as stated by police) and submitted that and in a day or two they did verification and the local Police station gave PCC letter to my parents and luckily i did not get an RFE for this PCC but they will be taking this PCC issued by the local police that to the Interview.

Hope this helps. Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

Edited by Raj456

Thanks,

Raj

Consulate: Chennai, INDIA

08/26/09: I-130 Mailed(Fedex) to Chicago Lockbox for Parents

08/27/09: Received by USCIS

09/01/09: ND for both parents

09/02/09: Both Checks Cashed ($355 each)

09/21/09: I-130 approved ( LUD on USCIS online )

09/29/09: Received I-130 approved notices (NOA2)

NVC:

10/02/09: NVC Case #s assigned to both parents and emails regd.

10/06/09: Rcvd. emails for DS-3032 and AOS Fee ( Paid AOS Fee same night)

10/07/09: Emailed DS-3032 ( Did mail too via Fedex )

10/08/09: DS-3032 received by NVC

10/08/09: AOS Fee Status "PAID"

10/09/09: I-864 Affidavit of Support mailed via FEDEX

10/16/09: DS-3032 Entered in NVC System

10/19/09: IV Fee Bill Generated

10/20/09: Rcvd IV Fee Bill Email and Paid $400 for each parent

10/22/09: I -864 Entered into NVC System as per NVC Operator

10/22/09: IV Fee BILL Status Changed to PAID

10/23/09: Mailed DS-230 Documents Set to NVC

10/26/09: DS-230 Received by NVC signed by J.DESMOND

10/28/09: I -864 Accepted

10/29/09: Rcvd Checklist Email

10/30/09: AVR changed to " We received checklist response on 10/29/09"

11/18/09: LOGIN Failed in the morning...AVR message not changed yet...

11/18/09: Talked to Operator and it is under "FINAL REVIEW"

11/20/09: CASE COMPLETED on 11/19/09

12/02/09: Rcvd Emails for Interview on 01/08/2010

12/04/09: Medical Appt on 12/08/09 at Hyderabad

12/09/09: Medical Completed

01/08/10: INTERVIEW COMPLETED

01/12/2010: Rcvd Passports and sealed envelope.

05/20/2010: POE at DFW

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.