JustJ

The 2010 London Waiver List

652 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

JustJ,

Not packing quite yet. Trying to figure out exactly how and when we'll be going home, and - after all this time - exactly where home is going to be, what I'll do for work, etc...

My notice period is 3 months over here anyways... So, we have a little bit of time to figure out the move.

I am keeping my hopes up for everyone left here. Given my delays, there's every possibility of you all being back in the U.S. before me still.

Best of luck.

So no update so far today (Thursday 8th April - 3pm) and that is 1 week after the last update... I know doesent time fly when we are having fun :lol:

Anyway if USCIS are not going to update us once or twice a day like the end of March then I hope they go back to the the old routine of updating us every Friday at least... Which would mean that we are due another update tomorrow (Fri 9th April).

I hope that they will not make us wait any longer than that for some more updates on our cases as 8 days is long enough even with a 4 day weekend/bank holiday thrown in the mix, come on USCIS if you can update us daily or twice daily like at the end of March I am sure every Friday would not be too much to ask for :thumbs:

Well I hope everyone on here had a good Easter break, but I know we are all looking forward to getting more regular updates and movement in our cases so we can all start to plan our lives like Graeco (well done again)...

Regards

Andrew

event.png

Hi everyone

I was doing a bit of research and came across a very good document prepared by an immigration attorney based in Texas for other immigration attorneys, it gives a very good insight to the whole I-601 process as well as what USCIS considers good or bad grounds... it is worth the read as it even tells you the process if the I-601 fails also how many hours an attorney should charge for, to put together a good I-601 case. B-)

You can look at the PDF file directly here > I-601 Waiver Memo :wow:

Anyway, if you find it helpful just drop a quick comment back to help others decide if they need to bother looking at it, in my opinion I wish I could have read something like this before submitting our I-601 as it highlighted a couple of areas that we could have improved on.

Take care

Andrew

Edited by Traci - Andrew

event.png

OK as predicted the USCIS have done another update for us this Friday 9th April 2010...

However they made NO CHANGES? No not even a tiny one, no cases added, moved or removed. :crying:

They must have done it just to please us with an update on the Friday as we expect, lets just hope they are going to update the list again soon with some changes this time, maybe it was too much to expect when only 4 working days had past since the last one :wacko:

So other than they updated the I-601 Status PDF file with todays date, that is all I have to report... Sorry guys, I guess we will have to wait yet another week until next Friday.

Here is the link to my updated spreadsheet containing the addition of a new date > I-601 Status Spreadsheet :wow:

Regards

Andrew

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Dangit.

It's nearly time for me to get back on the plane home. Nothing budged on London's list. I was so hoping we could get the news together.

This is half of my 2010 vacation days spent. I pray to God we hear something soon.

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Dangit.

It's nearly time for me to get back on the plane home. Nothing budged on London's list. I was so hoping we could get the news together.

This is half of my 2010 vacation days spent. I pray to God we hear something soon.

At least you got to spend time together and that matters.All will be well soon.Just a little more faith and hope and prayer.

Timeline

At least you got to spend time together and that matters.All will be well soon.Just a little more faith and hope and prayer.

We did, and it was great. Always awful the night before, though. We're both sort of just wandering around with vacant expressions right now. I don't want to cry, but I feel a good sob session coming on.

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Hi Everybody

USCIS has furnished us with another update today 12th April 2010, this time instead of just a date change :whistle: they have added 1 more case to the Pending pile :dance:

I hope they continue on with this new trend of updating the I-601 Status PDF file when changes actually occur as it makes it better for everyone involved in this long winded and emotional process, as we all like to see changes occur when they happen so it shows some movement at the adjudicators end and therefore we can hope that our case will be the next one updated or moved.

I have also found some software that cost $49 for personal use that can tell you exactly when this page gets updated and send you an email with 3 attachments, before, current and one with the changes highlighted. anyway if you are interested in this software they do a 30 day evaluation from : Website Watcher Software Link

This should help me stay on top of the updates before anyone else :bonk:

Anyway I have updated the spreadsheet > I-601 Status Spreadsheet

I hope you are all OK and hanging on in there...

Regards

Andrew AKA The Spreadsheet King (Thanks JustJ)

event.png

JustJ

I know it is hard coming back home after spending some time with your husband, but time will pass quickly, just keep busy.

Take care

Andrew

event.png

Hi everyone

I thought I would share some facts and figures with you calculated from my spreadsheet, USCIS give out a timescale of 15 Weeks or 105 days from start to finish. :help:

USCIS at the London Embassy have completed an average of 1.3 Cases per week since I started collecting data back in October 2009 until today 12th April 2010. :wow:

40 cases go to under review in this timeframe with an average timescale from under review to complete in 22 days. :yes:

40 Cases go from Pending/Under review to Completed in this same timeframe which averages 52 days from start to finish. :yes:

Please note though that the above figures are averages for a rough rule of thumb guide, however some cases are a going to take a lot longer than others and once under review they can be completed anytime between 0 days & 114 Days. :thumbs:

I hope this helps some of you.

Regards

Andrew

event.png

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

There was another update today.

However, there were neither any new approvals nor moves to "Under Review".

Still keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.

Hi Graeco, my waiver was approved and completed 5 weeks ago and I'm still waiting to hear something, have you heard anything else yet and would you be so kind as to let me know if and when you do, thanks (F)

Filed: Timeline

City2CountryGirl,

We received our letter from the USCIS informing us of our approval just one day after it had been adjudicated (probably as surprising a success for the Royal Mail as the USCIS). Note that this was the same day that we saw our case was completed on the London list.

By Wednesday the next week, despite the holiday weekend, we were informed by the visa branch of the embassy that they had received confirmation of our approval and we were free to continue processing of our (ir-1) visa.

5 weeks is way too long to wait regardless, especially given that - as my case shows - they are more than capable of turning things around in a timely manner. Definitely chase them down.

Todd

Timeline

C2C, I agree - you were approved - you should have your visa by now. I'd bug the snot out of someone until I found out.

Andrew...dude, you ROCK the spreadsheet. For the rest of my life, I will remember you and your lovely wife when I see a spreadsheet. :thumbs:

I was truly hoping we'd hear something while I was visiting my husband, even if it was bad news.

While I was there, my mother fell and injured herself. I called her every day, and I knew that something was wrong, but nobody would tell me. I finally went into hysterics and said that I knew something was wrong and they'd better just tell me because I was worried ANYHOW. She thinks maybe she broke some ribs. Glad it wasn't a hip or something, but still. You see what happens when I go on vacation? And I'm supposed to MOVE? Yeah, right. :angry:

My fingers slipped out of my husband's only yesterday at the bus stop. Today, my heart feels like it's slipping out of my own chest. Please, God, PLEASE... have mercy on us.

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

I was very disheartened when I saw C2C's post - Guess I figured once you got the Waiver approval it was smooth sailing... :(

If there is anyone out there reading this who has completed/been approved on their waiver and have gotten their visa in their passport could you please reply and let us all know what the procedure forward was - how long did it take??? Please share your experience. Any insight you can give us would be greatly appreciated as I am totally in the dark about all of this... :help:

To all of us waiting - hang in there - we all need to stick together.... I know the waiting and constantly checking for updates is agonizing. Kudos to my hubby for creating his spreadsheet to keep us all informed (L)

Take care,

Traci

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.