amy83

Postponing Interview?? How long can i do this for?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

So I had NVC login fail last week...haven't got the interview date yet. From what I can tell I will likely get a date for around March. If i go in march and pass, I would then have 6 months to move (this would put it at sept). Is there any way I can delay the interview for a few extra months? I have some family health problems here in Canada, and will likely not be ready to move that early. Any experience with delaying interview dates? Any ramifications of this? insight would be helpful as im stressing.

Thanks

Amy

Timeline

Hi Amy,

Well currently Montreal is taking more like 5-6 months to schedule an interview - so you may be looking at around April-May for an interview (unless they pick up the pace considerably).

There are a few people who post in the Canada forum here that I have seen, that have rescheduled their interviews. Generally you kind of go to the back of the line. So if that were the case you might not see an interview until September next year.

Anyway, it's really difficult to say, Montreal is so backed up right now, but they say they are working on it, so if things did pick up who knows when you might get rescheduled.

As for ramifications in general, they don't seem to really care if you reschedule.

Timeline

Thank you!

Hi Amy,

Well currently Montreal is taking more like 5-6 months to schedule an interview - so you may be looking at around April-May for an interview (unless they pick up the pace considerably).

There are a few people who post in the Canada forum here that I have seen, that have rescheduled their interviews. Generally you kind of go to the back of the line. So if that were the case you might not see an interview until September next year.

Anyway, it's really difficult to say, Montreal is so backed up right now, but they say they are working on it, so if things did pick up who knows when you might get rescheduled.

As for ramifications in general, they don't seem to really care if you reschedule.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.