haiti509

evidence for removal conditions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I got my conditional green card in may of this year, I will have to apply for the removal at the end of february 2011. My problem is that my husband ( who is the us citizen) and I do not have a bank joint account due to the fact he has a very bad credit and owes the bank, his car has been repossed and the list goes on he lost his job in april of last year.....in the contrary I have a very good credit we just bought a car but it's on my name. We have a lease in both our name, we file for joint tax return, utilities bills has both name and we have pic of us.....

My question is do you think not having a bank account together is problem? do they do an interview for the removal procedure?

Thank you GOD bless you all.....

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Although there is never any guarantee as to what evidence USCIS will or will not accept I think you should be fine.

As long as the rest of the evidence that you provide is strong then you should not have any problems. The most important evidence that they look for seems to be joint tax returns and evidence of living together (e.g. joint lease or mortgage).

With regards to interviews - these are very uncommon when filing an I-751. Some people are called for an interview but most people are approved without. I have just been approved, having filed my Removal of Conditions application in October and like many was not called for an interview.

Hope this helps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I got my conditional green card in may of this year, I will have to apply for the removal at the end of february 2011. My problem is that my husband ( who is the us citizen) and I do not have a bank joint account due to the fact he has a very bad credit and owes the bank, his car has been repossed and the list goes on he lost his job in april of last year.....in the contrary I have a very good credit we just bought a car but it's on my name. We have a lease in both our name, we file for joint tax return, utilities bills has both name and we have pic of us.....

My question is do you think not having a bank account together is problem? do they do an interview for the removal procedure?

I am the usa citizen , I have bad credit. I dont have a checking account. My husband does. We own a car in both our names, and some bills are in his name, some in my name we sent them showing both at the same address, and a letter explaining why I was not on the checking account, we sent pics and letters from friends and family.

We got the 10 year green card yesterday. And we applied in October. So I dont think it will be a problem

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Hi everyone,

Maybe a good thing to do since you are in this situation, keep records of his bad credit and if he has any other documentation showing his repossessed car, etc. When the time comes to file ROC, then you can include a short letter explaining the evidence you are including, and the situation that led to including such evidence. They will consider your situation. Having bad credit or owing a bank money does not affect your conditional status, so it is ok to include that.

Also, hopefully - if your husbands circumstances change soon or within the next two years, and you start changing to joint bank account, then you can provide that as additional evidence that when your husband's status improved.

Keep records for everything!

Good luck

Edited by v333k

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

<<Keep records for everything!>>

:thumbs:

Right, documentation is what you will need. Save utility bills and correspondence addresed to you or both showing the same address (every other month).

And take a lot of pictures of you together in different locations, seasons - the camera will be your best friend.

Try to keep and save all this documentation somewhare safe from anybody or hazards (fire). ...

All Best! and not to worry, if your marriage is for real, there is no reason to fear about your legal status here.

K1 visa Sept. 2006

USA - arrived on January 2007

Married - March 2007

GC approved and received on September 12, 2007

August 2008 - filed for divorce

May 2009 - divorce decree

I-751 - September 4, 2009 (waiver - bonafide marriage)

NOA - September 17, 2009

Biomatrics - October 5, 2009

APPROVED ON DECEMBER 1, 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The reason for a bank statement is to prove co-mingling of funds. Your joint tax return should satisfy that requirement.

However, you can add your husband (and should) as the beneficiary of your bank account. The subsequent statements should reflect both your names. You as the owner and he as the beneificary.

You can submit those documents and let the interviewer pose the question why the account is structured that way. Then you can give the sorid details LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.