thfar

HELP ME!!! with sample statement to withdraw k1 visa

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

There really isn't anything that you need to do. The visa has already been issued. Should you he decide to come to America on his own, he will not be able to get a green card without marrying you. He could come, stay pass the 90 days granted by his K1, or marry someone else for that matter, but he will not be able to get a green card and he would not be your problem or responsibility.

I do understand your desire to document it for the record. Write a brief to the point letter and get it notarized- include both your legal names, your case numbers (both at USCIS and your case number for the Consulate), and your fianee's passport number if you have it. State that after his visa was granted on (xx-xx-2009) you decided not to marry him. You advised him on xx-xx-2009 not to come to the US since you had no longer have any intentions to marry him. You should keep a copy and send copies to USCIS (I'm not sure how to do this, perhaps you could call the 1-800 number or submit it at an InfoPass appointment) and maybe the Consulate. You should mail these letters with delivery confirmation and return receipt (for anything outside the US you could send it FedEx to generate a delivery record).

Edited by reeses16

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh. I am so sorry to hear that.

What a #######.

Keep your chin up. This is a blessing in disguise.

(F)

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

he would not be your problem or responsibility.

Is the I-134, Affidavit of Support unenforceable for some reason?

"That I understand this affidavit will be binding upon me for a period of three (3) years after entry of the person(s) named initem (3) and that the information and documentation provided by me may be made available to the Secretary of Health and HumanServices and the Secretary of Agriculture, who may make it available to a public assistance agency."

I don't think I would jut let it drop.

Edited by toma1

Sorry to hear about your situation. I think you need to notarized your letter. Be strong!

You are wrong. Notarized letter is NOT necessary.

Please cite your source(s). Common sense would suggest that, if it is even allowed, revoking an affidavit of support would require a notarized letter.

Common sense is not that common. YOu simply write a brief letter of explanation and report the petition as abandoned and statement declaring that you hereby withdraw your application of support. Make 3 copies of the letter, and send to USCIS, NVC and the Consulate Embassy. You can even make a statement as construing this letter of explanation as an IMBRA Waiver if such a Waiver is required for the next petition/marriage to foreign bride. Easy. In about 6 months, this petition case review will be complete and closed. Good news is that the petitioner can file another petition at any time and need not wait for the previous case to be officially closed. Cheers and good luck! People go notary crazy, and the extra expense and effort is quite often not necessary. If ya get a thril by notarizing, have at it! Not needed in this case. Peace.

ps, here is a clue to buy:

The original I-134 Affidavit of Support does not require a notarized sig. :whistle:

There really isn't anything that you need to do. The visa has already been issued. Should you he decide to come to America on his own, he will not be able to get a green card without marrying you. He could come, stay pass the 90 days granted by his K1, or marry someone else for that matter, but he will not be able to get a green card and he would not be your problem or responsibility.

I do understand your desire to document it for the record. Write a brief to the point letter and get it notarized- include both your legal names, your case numbers (both at USCIS and your case number for the Consulate), and your fianee's passport number if you have it. State that after his visa was granted on (xx-xx-2009) you decided not to marry him. You advised him on xx-xx-2009 not to come to the US since you had no longer have any intentions to marry him. You should keep a copy and send copies to USCIS (I'm not sure how to do this, perhaps you could call the 1-800 number or submit it at an InfoPass appointment) and maybe the Consulate. You should mail these letters with delivery confirmation and return receipt (for anything outside the US you could send it FedEx to generate a delivery record).

Again, no notarization necessary. See above. :star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Notarization is typically required in cases where the maker of a document might otherwise try to disavow his or her signature. Notarization does not make a document any "more" legal. I do not think that disavowal of signature would be an issue in the withdrawal of a visa case by a petitioner.

I concur--notarization is not needed in the cases mentioned above.

The original I-134 Affidavit of Support does not require a notarized sig. :whistle:

And if ANYTHING did, that would.

Notarization is typically required in cases where the maker of a document might otherwise try to disavow his or her signature. Notarization does not make a document any "more" legal. I do not think that disavowal of signature would be an issue in the withdrawal of a visa case by a petitioner.

Nope. Why? Because it is signed under penalty of perjury. Thanks for playing. Cheers.

Nope. Why? Because it is signed under penalty of perjury. Thanks for playing. Cheers.

I was agreeing with you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I was agreeing with you.

:lol:

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

"That I understand this affidavit will be binding upon me for a period of three (3) years after entry of the person(s) named initem (3) and that the information and documentation provided by me may be made available to the Secretary of Health and HumanServices and the Secretary of Agriculture, who may make it available to a public assistance agency."

The I-134 can be used for other immigration benefits. When filing K1 visa the I-134 is valid for the duration of the validity of the K1 visa (90 days after entering the US) or until adjustment of status (green card processing) is complete and the I-134 obligations are replaced by the I-864.

x

I was agreeing with you.

Thanks. GLad there are well informed members here. CHeers.

Edited by Hopp

The I-134 can be used for other immigration benefits. When filing K1 visa the I-134 is valid for the duration of the validity of the K1 visa (90 days after entering the US) or until adjustment of status (green card processing) is complete and the I-134 obligations are replaced by the I-864.

And therefore my concern that the fact that the beneficiary had an affair would not invalidate the petitioner's obligations in regard to the I-134 if the beneficiary was to enter the US. Or in other words, "He would still be your problem and responsibility..."

Edited by toma1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Make sure to call DHS, Embassy and your congress man and have them contact the embassy too.

He had his interview last week and he got his visa approved.

I was so happy that I traveled to celebrate with him.

But, he was celebrating with someone else. :(

Please help me to write a letter to withdraw my case.

"Please be advised that I, (MY NAME), have decided that my marriage will not take place within the 90 day period. I am requesting to withdraw K-1 Fiancé Visa for (HIS NAME) and my affidavit of support for case A000 000 000."

my motto is

'an eye for an eye", take everything give him nothing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

yes make the case closed as others told you. my questioin is kinda to him... #######??? are u craxy?

also if he was wanting you to buy ticket to usa? if so huge laugh on him!!!! and if he enters on his own and dissapears. you close the case you are not legealy going to on the hook!!!

hay not all men are dogs and dumb. you learned before you got married what type of scumbag he is!!!!!

good luck and remember. your a good person and worth a good person!!

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih

age.png

age.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.