Cyn~n~Ken

Honesty

73 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Has my fiancee`s honesty killed her chances of getting her visa? During her medical exam she admitted to using drugs 1 time 7 years ago. I`m devastated thinking that now because of her honesty she might not get to come here.

what the heck?!!!!

uhmmm but sometimes white lies are good too.... :thumbs:

good for getting a lifetime ban if caught misrepresenting. is advocating that really helpful to the op or future readers?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Has my fiancee`s honesty killed her chances of getting her visa? During her medical exam she admitted to using drugs 1 time 7 years ago. I`m devastated thinking that now because of her honesty she might not get to come here.

If she was from Jamaica, that would be a death blow. From what people are saying here, it looks like there is a still a good chance.

I wish you the very best of luck (F)

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

This is true but its also a very gray area as to what constitutes 'drug use'.

I believe that the courts have said that to be a 'drug user' requires multiple long term usage...

To have experimented in the past does not make one a 'drug user'.

And to ask "Have you ever used drugs?"

I would answer NO, for I may have experimented in the past but that's not 'using' drugs. I understand that many would not agree with this statement.

An example might be, a person walks into a room where people are smoking marijuana, because a person must breath its for certain that some will be inhaled. Does this make this person a drug user? I think not. But it still allows a blood test to be positive.

Not everyone lives in a black and white world...

Not even USCIS....

what the heck?!!!!

uhmmm but sometimes white lies are good too.... :thumbs:

good for getting a lifetime ban if caught misrepresenting. is advocating that really helpful to the op or future readers?

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Timeline

I believe that the courts have said that to be a 'drug user' requires multiple long term usage...

I would answer NO, for I may have experimented in the past but that's not 'using' drugs. I understand that many would not agree with this statement.

An example might be, a person walks into a room where people are smoking marijuana, because a person must breath its for certain that some will be inhaled. Does this make this person a drug user? I think not. But it still allows a blood test to be positive.

Not even USCIS....

and i'm one of them that does not agree with that above. to insist that someone has not used drugs when they have reminds me of the "i didn't inhale" from one of our presidents.

to me there's a difference between intentionally using them and walking into a room where people are smoking marijuana.

to put no when obviously one has intentionally used drugs in the past is dishonest.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There is a very big difference in walking into a room where someone has been smoking drugs and making a choice to take/smoke drugs.

To even sugest that anyone should lie/fudge or any other name you wish to call it, is not only a very silly thing to do but it is also against TOS of VJ.

You may believe it is ok to be less than truthful with USCIS but you will not be the one who could have major issued further on down the immigration line if the misrepresentation come to light.

Please stop telling people it is ok to lie, white, black, little or big it is still a lie..

Tay

Visa Journey Moderation Team.

and i'm one of them that does not agree with that above. to insist that someone has not used drugs when they have reminds me of the "i didn't inhale" from one of our presidents.

to me there's a difference between intentionally using them and walking into a room where people are smoking marijuana.

to put no when obviously one has intentionally used drugs in the past is dishonest.

Please explain how you can see a difference when the blood test does not??

You seem to want to walk in the gray area but not admit it exists....

There is a very big difference in walking into a room where someone has been smoking drugs and making a choice to take/smoke drugs.

How can you say there is a difference if the blood test shows positive in both cases??

To even sugest that anyone should lie/fudge or any other name you wish to call it, is not only a very silly thing to do but it is also against TOS of VJ.

You may believe it is ok to be less than truthful with USCIS but you will not be the one who could have major issued further on down the immigration line if the misrepresentation come to light.

Please stop telling people it is ok to lie, white, black, little or big it is still a lie..

Tay

I have not and will never suggest that anyone lie.

I simply state that this issue is not as black and white as you would seem to think it is...

Until you can explain how you see a difference while the blood test does not, must be explained or the issue is unresolved.

If you insist on talking the talk, then walk the walk, and state that both people, the smoker and the walker are both drug users and as such should both get a lifetime ban.

The smoker deliberately and willfully smoked the drug and the walker deliberately and willfully walked into the room.

Don't start in with the walker might not have known the smoker was there or was smoking because that puts us right back to the start again.

You have already excluded from consideration what their mindset may have been by insisting this be a black and white issue.

I state again and have always stated, this is NOT a black and white issue. If you insist this be a black and white issue then condemn both or accept the label of hypocrite.

You can not have your cake and eat it too.

-P

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: Timeline

I simply state that this issue is not as black and white as you would seem to think it is...

Until you can explain how you see a difference while the blood test does not, must be explained or the issue is unresolved.

If you insist on talking the talk, then walk the walk, and state that both people, the smoker and the walker are both drug users and as such should both get a lifetime ban.

The smoker deliberately and willfully smoked the drug and the walker deliberately and willfully walked into the room.

Don't start in with the walker might not have known the smoker was there or was smoking because that puts us right back to the start again.

You have already excluded from consideration what their mindset may have been by insisting this be a black and white issue.

I state again and have always stated, this is NOT a black and white issue. If you insist this be a black and white issue then condemn both or accept the label of hypocrite.

-P

Funny thing is... whatever you, Tay, charles, and Mother Theresa -was she alive- think is of absolutely NO consequence when it comes to immigration. Semantics and philosophical discussions are a waste of the OP's time. The law is clear, and yep, it is pretty much black and white. Call them hypocrites.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Please explain how you can see a difference when the blood test does not??

You seem to want to walk in the gray area but not admit it exists....

How can you say there is a difference if the blood test shows positive in both cases??

Tay

-P

I dont know where you are getting the black and white thing from.. if you know you are going for a medical and you choose to be in a room with people who are smoking drugs then you leave yourself open to having a possitive test result. If you choose to take/smoke drugs then you can expect to have a positive result and you will have to deal with the results.

It is not important to me whether you think I am a hypocrite, The TOS of visa journey are quite clear about encouraging people to be less than truthful.

• Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method.

You may want to take a few minutes to refresh your memory with the TOS that you agreed to when you became a member of VJ.

you will find the TOS here :- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&page=terms

Tay

Visa Journey Moderation Team

Not even USCIS....

You have to work really hard to get a positive blood/urine test from second-hand smoke that would indicate one smoked it and not just inhaled it second hand. Prolonged inhalation in a non-ventilated area may show some THC, but the cut-off level for a positive test is high enough to rule out false positives due to passive inhalation. So it is black and white....if you smoked pot, and tested positive for it, then the answer is "yes" you have used drugs.

And USCIS does live in a black and white world...drugs are drugs and testing positive for having used them is something that could disqualify someone from being issued a visa.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Timeline
You have to work really hard to get a positive blood/urine test from second-hand smoke that would indicate one smoked it and not just inhaled it second hand. Prolonged inhalation in a non-ventilated area may show some THC, but the cut-off level for a positive test is high enough to rule out false positives due to passive inhalation. So it is black and white....if you smoked pot, and tested positive for it, then the answer is "yes" you have used drugs.

And USCIS does live in a black and white world...drugs are drugs and testing positive for having used them is something that could disqualify someone from being issued a visa.

My point exactly. Well said.

It is not important to me whether you think I am a hypocrite, The TOS of visa journey are quite clear about encouraging people to be less than truthful.

I am not encouraging people to be less than truthful. Not now, not ever.

Talk to a Christian or a Muslim or a Hindu or Buddist or a Jew. You will get many 'truths'.

The point I make, and what you blind yourself to, is that truth can be subjective.

Objective truths are things like gravity or the speed of light.

Objective truth remains unchanged, no matter what you might think.

Subjective truth is based on what you think.

When you sign the DS-156 forms it states that: "the answers I have furnished on this form are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief."

Subjective truth.

Based on what you think!

Its not a tidy black and white world.

Perhaps you need to spend some more time reading law and less time quoting it...

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

I was looking at the new DS-156 form and it seems they have worded the question differently now. It is now more black and white.

"Have you ever been afflicted with a communicable disease of public health significance or a dangerous physical or mental disorder, or ever been a drug abuser or addict"?

I think that before it only asked if you have ever used drugs.

Not true:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6149279

J Pharm Pharmacol. 1984 Sep;36(9):578-81.

Passive inhalation of cannabis smoke.

Law B, Mason PA, Moffat AC, King LJ, Marks V.

Six volunteers each smoked simultaneously, in a small unventilated room (volume 27 950 litre), a cannabis cigarette containing 17.1 mg delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). A further four subjects - passive inhalers - remained in the room during smoking and afterwards for a total of 3 h. Blood and urine samples were taken from all ten subjects and analysed by radioimmunoassay for THC metabolites. The blood samples from the passive subjects taken up to 3 h after the start of exposure to cannabis smoke showed a complete absence of cannabinoids. In contrast, their urine samples taken up to 6 h after exposure showed significant concentrations of cannabinoid metabolites (less than or equal to 6.8 ng ml-1). These data, taken with the results of other workers, show passive inhalation of cannabis smoke to be possible. These results have important implications for forensic toxicologists who are frequently called upon to interpret cannabinoid levels in body fluids.

Not even USCIS....

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Timeline

i'd like to think that most beneficiaries are bright enough not to go stand in a room for over 3 hours like portrayed in that study.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I gotta warn my son, who is now in university, to stay away from parties with smoking going on. He does not know what pot smells likes and may accidentally inhale it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.