147 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Why was his passport taken? That seems a bit of a drastic response

I was wondering the same thing? :unsure:

To OP did you ask him why they took his passport?

yes, he said so he could not leave the county

OP --- folks have told you that this thing about the police taking his passport is not only a high improbability; but a lie. Why would all these people in the board lie to you? I would hate the find out you were scammed.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the DOS here in the us holds up passport applications for unpaid child support. you can't get yr passport until it's paid up, if you owe $2500 or more.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Timeline
the DOS here in the us holds up passport applications for unpaid child support. you can't get yr passport until it's paid up, if you owe $2500 or more.

I know, and we have had at least one foreign fiance complaining about that, as if skirting child support responsibilities was the coolest thing . But the OP is saying it was the local police.... me thinks the dude lies.

That's my point too.

The matching shoe also fits on the other foot, in cases where the CUSTODIAL parent wants to abuse the rights of the

non-custodial support-paying parent by going to his/her native country and never returning:

Convention Against International Child Abduction

More On the Convention

It works both ways as it should.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Diane, sister, do yourself a huge favor - RUN!!!! Run far away from this man. You're being taken for a great big ride and I'm not talking about Space Mountain, ok. You seem like a nice lady who is a little shell shocked. Well, get yourself together, have a good, stiff drink and dump him. I am not seeing any light at the end of tunnel on this one.

Be good to yourself and move on.

(F)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Your story is so sad and I'm so sorry you've had to face such a huge hurddle. Hang tough and hopefully you'll find a way to make this work out for you! Are you still in love with your fiance or was this a "deal-breaker" for you?

I am in love with him, but with the responses to this posting, I'm having doubts about him now. :(

Your story breaks my heart. (F) This process is hard enough as it is.

I hope you find the strength to deal with all of this. As people have said, with time passing, you might just realise this was a blessing.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline
Dear OP, very sorry to hear this situation. Maybe you can suggest to him that you can go live over there with him for sometime. Get to know his child, let him get a job and help support his child, you get to spend time with your fiance and get to know him better, experience more of Morocco and enjoy life over there for awhile. Sounds like a great idea and hopefully he would readily accept that! :thumbs:

Please PalmTreeGurl, open your eyes. The man doesn't want her to live with him in Morocco, girl he wants money and a green card leading to citizenship. Heck I doubt if he makes his pass his 2yr green card before he cleaned out her bank account took all her credit cards and leave her high and dry. Atleast she is finding out what kind of character she has before she brought him over here.

So the OP should just drop the life she has here and go live with this guy and his parents where it's plainly evident that something is not right. :wacko: Once she goes to live with him he will find a job then? Is that something you would tell a close family member of yours if the situation was happening to them - just to pack up and leave to another country when they are obviously being scammed? :unsure:

Palestine the world's largest open air prison

Timeline
Dear OP, very sorry to hear this situation. Maybe you can suggest to him that you can go live over there with him for sometime. Get to know his child, let him get a job and help support his child, you get to spend time with your fiance and get to know him better, experience more of Morocco and enjoy life over there for awhile. Sounds like a great idea and hopefully he would readily accept that! :thumbs:

Please PalmTreeGurl, open your eyes. The man doesn't want her to live with him in Morocco, girl he wants money and a green card leading to citizenship. Heck I doubt if he makes his pass his 2yr green card before he cleaned out her bank account took all her credit cards and leave her high and dry. Atleast she is finding out what kind of character she has before she brought him over here.

So the OP should just drop the life she has here and go live with this guy and his parents where it's plainly evident that something is not right. :wacko: Once she goes to live with him he will find a job then? Is that something you would tell a close family member of yours if the situation was happening to them - just to pack up and leave to another country when they are obviously being scammed? :unsure:

Ummmmmm - I think Palm Tree Gurl was being a little facetious. :unsure:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have to agree I think that is some screwed up advice. Unless the idea was to suggest this just to see his reaction.

But personally, I think dumping him sounds like a better plan.

Sorry Diane. :(

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Timeline

I have to agree I think that is some screwed up advice. Unless the idea was to suggest this just to see his reaction. But personally, I think dumping him sounds like a better plan.

Sorry Diane. :(

I think that is what she was suggesting. See how this greencard fraud mofo would react to hearing his fiancee's plans to pack up everything and go hang in Morocco. Child please, this boy would be shaking in his boots if he heard this - he wouldn't know what to do if he lost his Americaine meal ticket. :help:

Diane, sister, do yourself a huge favor - RUN!!!! Run far away from this man. You're being taken for a great big ride and I'm not talking about Space Mountain, ok. You seem like a nice lady who is a little shell shocked. Well, get yourself together, have a good, stiff drink and dump him. I am not seeing any light at the end of tunnel on this one.

Be good to yourself and move on.

(F)

I totally agree ! :thumbs:

as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Evidence of fraud mounts - let's talk about Morocco.

I have a friend from Morocco in my office (female) so I'm not entirely out of my league in saying this.

Morocco is a much more forward-looking and developed country than most Americans would take it to be.

This being said, there are still cultural elements that tend to remain traditional.

According to the single report by the OP, the MALE child is now 11 months old.

That means he would have been born some time in January 2009.

That would have put the physical relationship around April 2008

(refuting some posts accusing him of being with the child's mother

at the same time as the OP).

If you re-read the OP's post, it clearly states that MONEY is required to make things RIGHT.

Wait a minute! - people from Morocco are shaking their heads, saying it may NOT be so much

about money, although money is definitely an issue.

What Moroccan male, having conceived a male child, would not be under pressure from BOTH

families to do the right thing and MARRY the mother?

- apparently no mention of that was made to the OP.

I wonder why?

Moroccan citizens - do you agree or disagree with this?

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-06-27 Biom,

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline

Ummmmmm - I think Palm Tree Gurl was being a little facetious. :unsure:

uhhhh yeah..... a real knee-slapper. :rolleyes:

Palestine the world's largest open air prison

Timeline

I have a friend from Morocco in my office (female) so I'm not entirely out of my league in saying this.

Morocco is a much more forward-looking and developed country than most Americans would take it to be.

This being said, there are still cultural elements that tend to remain traditional.

If you re-read the OP's post, it clearly states that MONEY is required to make things RIGHT.

Wait a minute! - people from Morocco are shaking their heads, saying it may NOT be so much

What Moroccan male, having conceived a male child, would not be under pressure from BOTH

I wonder why?

Well, money might make it right for now, but an American greencard or even citizenship might make it REALLY right in about a good 4-6 years. :yes::thumbs:

I wonder why?

Well, money might make it right for now, but an American greencard or even citizenship might make it REALLY right in about a good 4-6 years. :yes::thumbs:

Bzzt! - An American green card can't make ANYTHING right for the fatherless child,

unless your reasoning is that he goes to America and gets money from his American

wife and sends it back to Morocco as voluntary child support.

02/2003 - Met

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-06-27 Biom,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.