SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ah there's nothing like the announcement of a rail strike over your medical date when you have to get from Leeds to London...sigh.

And I was supposed to be going away with British airways this weekend too!! Lol

Oh damn...we do love a good strike or three in the UK. BA, Civil Service, Railways...i'm surprised any of us are working at all!

See Profile for full K-1 timeline...summary:

11 Jan 10 - I-129f Sent

17 Jun 2010 - Interview...APPROVED!

17 Jul 2010 - LHR to ATL. POE: JFK

10 Sep 2010 - Wedding

23 Oct 2010 - Filed for AOS, EAD & AP

29 Mar 2011 - APPROVED!!! (2 NOAs for medical info)

04 Apr 2011 - GC In Hand.

Timeline

Call NVC 001 202 663 1225 get the NVC case number (it will begin with LND). They can also tell you when they have sent your file to the embassy.

After the petition has left NVC - call DOS 001 202 663 1225 (press 1 then 0 to get a live operator). You will need your NVC case number, petitioners and beneficiary's dates of birth. They will tell you when the embassy has receive your case and when packet 3 has been sent out. It typically takes about a week to receive packet 3 from the date NVC says it has been sent (they use 2nd class mail!)

Call NVC 001 202 663 1225 get the NVC case number (it will begin with LND). They can also tell you when they have sent your file to the embassy.

After the petition has left NVC - call DOS 001 202 663 1225 (press 1 then 0 to get a live operator). You will need your NVC case number, petitioners and beneficiary's dates of birth. They will tell you when the embassy has receive your case and when packet 3 has been sent out. It typically takes about a week to receive packet 3 from the date NVC says it has been sent (they use 2nd class mail!)

Just out of curiosity, can the DOS tell you if the embassy has recieved and logged packet 3? it says on the embassy website that they cannot confirm recipt until they have processed the application, but i wondered if maybe the DOS can.

Just out of curiosity, can the DOS tell you if the embassy has recieved and logged packet 3? it says on the embassy website that they cannot confirm recipt until they have processed the application, but i wondered if maybe the DOS can.

Yes they do. I rang to find out if the Embassy had received our case (although I already knew DHL had delivered it) and they lady said it had been received and Packet 3 mailed without me even having to ask.

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

Timeline

Yes they do. I rang to find out if the Embassy had received our case (although I already knew DHL had delivered it) and they lady said it had been received and Packet 3 mailed without me even having to ask.

Apparently, they can even tell you when your interview has been scheduled for. But I'm just gonna wait for my letter. Going by everyone else's timlelines, the interview letter seems to take an average of 25 days from the day you posted packet 3 back to them.

Hello all!

We got case complete at the NVC yesterday - so we're waiting for an interview date. Hoping to get one soon!!! :) :)

CR/IR-1 Time Line

2009-10-02: Marriage :)

USCIS Journey:

2009-10-21: NOA1 received

2010-02-11: I-130 Approved! NOA2

NVC Journey:

2010-02-17: NVC/case# assigned

2010-03-01: Sent AOS Packet

2010-03-01: AOS Package delivered and signed for by Nat'l Visa Center

2010-03-15: IV Package FINALLY DELIVERED

2010-03-15: Operator confirms AOS Approved!! Awaiting DS-230

2010-03-19: AVR confirms receipt of DS-230

2010-03-25: Log in Failed

2010-03-26: Case complete according to NVC Operator

London Embassy:

2010-03-17: Medical passed!!

2010-05-11: Interview APPROVED YAYYYYAYAYYAYAYY!!!!!

2010-05-13: Visa in hand!! :)

2010-05-20: POE!!! :)

I think DOS sees the data logged by the Embassy because embassies are part of the Dept. of State (rather than USCIS/Homeland Security). So if your files are still offsite (where delivered via DHL), or still in a box waiting to be logged in by workers in London, then DOS like the Embassy wouldn't really have a way of confirming that your file arrived. Once unpacked and it makes it's way to data entry, your P3 letter is generated. And at that point, somebody on the phone can look up your case, but your letter should arrive in a few days also to let you know. Calling DOS twice a day from the time your file leaves NVC probably does little more than clog up the phone lines for people who have a real issue...like it left NVC 3 months ago and there has been no word from the embassy. But hey, do what makes you feel secure and happy. :)

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I think DOS sees the data logged by the Embassy because embassies are part of the Dept. of State (rather than USCIS/Homeland Security). So if your files are still offsite (where delivered via DHL), or still in a box waiting to be logged in by workers in London, then DOS like the Embassy wouldn't really have a way of confirming that your file arrived. Once unpacked and it makes it's way to data entry, your P3 letter is generated. And at that point, somebody on the phone can look up your case, but your letter should arrive in a few days also to let you know. Calling DOS twice a day from the time your file leaves NVC probably does little more than clog up the phone lines for people who have a real issue...like it left NVC 3 months ago and there has been no word from the embassy. But hey, do what makes you feel secure and happy. :)

I think we got some crossed wires, i have sent P3 to London.. i was wondering if there was a way to see if they had recevied the paper work that I sent.. I know they got my case from NVC as i already got the P3 letter. :thumbs:

I think we got some crossed wires, i have sent P3 to London.. i was wondering if there was a way to see if they had recevied the paper work that I sent.. I know they got my case from NVC as i already got the P3 letter. :thumbs:

Oh, I see. My mistake. Well I guess it would be a similar situation where until they open the mail in London, DOS would have no way of knowing. Once it gets opened, then DOS is the easier way to find out. But London issued like 80,000 non-immigrant visas in 2009 so I get the sense that they don't open and deal with your docs the same day they arrived. Don't remember the number of immigrant visas. We sent it with a tracking or delivery type confirmation so we knew it arrived, but it took exactly 3 weeks to get the appointment letter from them. I think it's running at least 4 weeks now somebody said earlier. Good luck to you. It's a terrible wait because you're so close, but still in the dark.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Oh, I see. My mistake. Well I guess it would be a similar situation where until they open the mail in London, DOS would have no way of knowing. Once it gets opened, then DOS is the easier way to find out. But London issued like 80,000 non-immigrant visas in 2009 so I get the sense that they don't open and deal with your docs the same day they arrived. Don't remember the number of immigrant visas. We sent it with a tracking or delivery type confirmation so we knew it arrived, but it took exactly 3 weeks to get the appointment letter from them. I think it's running at least 4 weeks now somebody said earlier. Good luck to you. It's a terrible wait because you're so close, but still in the dark.

Aw man. I thought I'd read somewhere on here that if you sent your P3 recorded delivery it got rejected cos they wouldn't sign for stuff, so I just sent mine regular mail. I'm not Royal Mail's biggest fan so if I'd realised I could I would have definitely got a signature on delivery ;)

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

Lifting Conditions

Timeline

Oh damn...we do love a good strike or three in the UK. BA, Civil Service, Railways...i'm surprised any of us are working at all!

The rail strikes begin on our interview date - April 6 - and my fiance's traveling to London from Northern Ireland. :-/ We're altering plans now, trying to get him staying as close to the embassy as possible and praying the tubes run.

The rail strikes begin on our interview date - April 6 - and my fiance's traveling to London from Northern Ireland. :-/ We're altering plans now, trying to get him staying as close to the embassy as possible and praying the tubes run.

The Tube should be fine. Well, as fine as it ever gets, lol.

This is a National Rail unions strike rather than London Underground workers, so it will only affect national and local rail services. The Tube is covered by a different union so at least from that perspective he should be good.

I have my contingency plan in the form of a Megabus ticket that I really hope I don't have to use...the Megabus smells.

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

Lifting Conditions

Timeline

This is possibly the most perfect, succinct answer to any question ever asked, ever.

Thank you, Doghandler! You're going on my Xmas card list.

11 Jan 10 - I-129f Sent

10 Sep 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

The Tube should be fine. Well, as fine as it ever gets, lol.

This is a National Rail unions strike rather than London Underground workers, so it will only affect national and local rail services. The Tube is covered by a different union so at least from that perspective he should be good.

I have my contingency plan in the form of a Megabus ticket that I really hope I don't have to use...the Megabus smells.

Agreed, the tubes should run fine, even if there are engineering works on certain lines there are plenty of ways to reach the same destination. If he's flying into Heathrow or London City, he can take the tube all the way. Gatwick / Luton / Stansted there are always the National Express coaches...don't quite smell as bad as the Megabus!

11 Jan 10 - I-129f Sent

10 Sep 2010 - Wedding

January 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Jewel-8, Claire and Troy, lirwin2000, laura00412, beatlesrebel, Kimmy and PJ, NotworkSte, xSweeTiex, FrostyMist, viol8torUK, TeamMoran

D_G, Andrew + Bethany, RUSSandRACHEL, david'sgirl/Scotinmass, Nikki-UK, earlgreygirl, jonoger1984, jenanddan2010, amykathleen2005

February 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Hindocha, munkeynuts, yorkshirerose22, .Jay'n'Terri, ajbe1986, brit la, Think~Pink, h1a1, karenista

March 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

April 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

May 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

March Interviews (* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

K-1..........kjrrem................2 Mar 2010 (49 days) :star:

K-1..........MattHeartCass.........4 Mar 2010 (123 days) :star:

K-1..........jkminney..............5 Mar 2010 (40 days) :star:

CR-1.........pwac..................5 Mar 2010 (41 days) :star:

CR-1.........ruth_a................9 Mar 2010 (62 days)

K-1..........Justine+David........10 Mar 2010 (98 days) :star:

K-1..........moss.................16 Mar 2010 (51 days):star:

K-1..........david b..............18 Mar 2010 :star: approved pending additional documentation

April Interviews (* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

DCF.........ohlpomr................6 Apr 2010 (116 days)

K-1.........Rito...................6 Apr 2010 (59 days)

IR-1........Hellojulie.............6 Apr 2010

K-1.........musikgal06.............7 Apr 2010 (64 days)

IR-1........Hokie97...............16 Apr 2010 (93 days)

K-1.........Ricky+Vanessa.........19 Apr 2010 (109 days)

K-1.........JMR...................30 Apr 2010 (74 days)

May Interviews(* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

K-1.........Gela...................6 May 2010 (62 days)

DCF.........sveta & jeff...........6 May 2010 (61 days)

CR-1........A Miller..............25 May 2010 (85 days)

:star:= APPROVED

Waiting for interview date:

Adrian+Mike (K-1) P3 sent 21 Jan

Kristen & David (K-1) P3 sent 15 March

nickm (K-1) P3 sent 18 March

doghandler (K-1) P3 sent 19 March

Miss Jess (K-1) P3 sent 22 March

Y&E (K-1) P3 sent 25 March

ztaylor (K-1) P3 sent 25 March

Amy and Michael P3 sent 26 March

Between NOA2 and P3

Leenie - NOA2: 5 Jan

visacat - NOA2: 16 Feb

A and J - NOA2: 17 Mar

MrStrain14 - NOA2: 24 Mar

Dawn654

Edited by SunDrop

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.