cardio

Husband got Visa (New Delhi Embassy)

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone, My husband got his visa :-) I applied for him in delhi, India. The whole thing took approx 4 months. If u ve any questions i will be glad to answer. I didn't take any lawyers help I did everything on my own.. So if anyone has any questions i will try to answer..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations! Enjoy your new life together!

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Hello Everyone, My husband got his visa :-) I applied for him in delhi, India. The whole thing took approx 4 months. If u ve any questions i will be glad to answer. I didn't take any lawyers help I did everything on my own.. So if anyone has any questions i will try to answer..

That's fantastic; we have something here called a timeline and it would be useful to put in the dates (as well as you know) for every step of your visa journey.

that way your friends can know the progression of the events.

Also, the timeline contains a link to insert a "Consulate Review" of the interview day.

How to Create Timeline

Thanks for offering to help & welcome to VJ.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

That's fantastic; we have something here called a timeline and it would be useful to put in the dates (as well as you know) for every step of your visa journey.

that way your friends can know the progression of the events.

Also, the timeline contains a link to insert a "Consulate Review" of the interview day.

How to Create Timeline

Thanks for offering to help & welcome to VJ.

Hello Welcome to VJ

first of all congrats on the new chapter in your lives together.

My fiance and i have our interview in Delhi on Tuesday. What day was ur interview? was it a K3 or a cr1?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congrats!! If you filed for him India was it DCF that you did?

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

welcome to vj and congratulations :thumbs:

i am hoping for my husband's interview in new delhi in january. what kind of questions were asked? what additional evidence were asked for at the interview?

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Timeline

Very happy for you, really done great. I am in same sitaution of K-3 through the attorney in few days my case will come to delhi embassy as NVC has sent it. Can you tell about questions asked in interview, your domicle proof etc and timeline

Timeline
I applied for K3 .... I am sorry what does DCF means? I will create the timeline in a day or so as i would have to get all my documents out and check the dates... Thanks all for the wishes..

Very happy for you, really done great. I am in same sitaution of K-3 through the attorney in few days my case will come to delhi embassy as NVC has sent it. Can you tell about questions asked in interview, your domicle proof etc and timeline

Timeline

I filed I 130 in august and mid september it was approved . I think when i got approval for I-130 they sent me packet 3 from which i mailed them DS forms as per the request.. Then in October we recieved the interview letter along with packet 4 . His interview was on Nov 12th.. The lady was super nice she asked my husband our marriage date then asked how did we meet and thats all.. She didn't ask for any evidence.. May be because we studied together in the same college and I was present with him during the interview.. And also living with my in laws..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats! I hope you have happy years ahead!

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Timeline

Thanks very much for the info. We are in exactly the same situation as yours as I am living with my in-laws here in India.

Did they actually allow you into the Delhi embassy to attend the interview with your husband? Because according to their website they don't allow relatives inside, only the applicant. What did you tell the guard outside to be allowed in? Did the CO talk to you at all?

Also can you please tell us whether you used your own income to sponsor your husband or did you have a joint sponsor (for the I-134)?

Timeline

They allowed me in because i had US Passport with me and also i am the sponsor.. U need ur US passport to get in.. She just asked how we met and i told her that we studied in the same college.. I am not working so i showed my moms taxes.. I showed mine as well because i ve some money saved up in US bank and i was paying taxes for that money so i was too filing taxes but the amount was not enough to cover my husband so i showed my mom as a joint sponsor..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.